Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by PMatic

@KBerg_CBS Sources: #Knicks have made final offer for Melo: Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Curry, first. No Fields, no Mozgov. It's up to Denver now.
@KBerg_CBS Curry and his $11 million expiring contract would go to Minnesota along with Anthony Randolph as part of Melo deal, @CBSSports has learned

what!??!?! Randolph AND curry's expiring contract for 1st round pick? i thought it was only randolph

Originally Posted by Pysch

@KBerg_CBS Sources: #Knicks have made final offer for Melo: Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Curry, first. No Fields, no Mozgov. It's up to Denver now.
@KBerg_CBS Curry and his $11 million expiring contract would go to Minnesota along with Anthony Randolph as part of Melo deal, @CBSSports has learned

what!??!?! Randolph AND curry's expiring contract for 1st round pick? i thought it was only randolph

Knicks have to send out Curry to make the figures work. It's basically Randolph for the first round pick.

Originally Posted by Pysch

Knicks have to send out Curry to make the figures work. It's basically Randolph for the first round pick.

Carmelo Could Leave CAA If Deal Doesn't Get Done
Feb 20, 2011 14:53 PM EST

Carmelo Anthony wants a trade to the Knicks , but he also wants an extension.

The Knicks would prefer to sign Anthony outright in free agency in order to not make a costly trade.

"He wants the money," one source said.

The Knicks are taking a position that their offer of Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and a first round pick is as far as they are willing to go for Anthony.

A source said "there'll be changes made if [the deal with the Knicks] doesn't get done," and agent Leon Rose has to be concerned about other high powered agents attempting to lure Anthony away from Creative Artists Agency.

Via Alan Hahn/Newsday

Carmelo Could Leave CAA If Deal Doesn't Get Done
Feb 20, 2011 14:53 PM EST

Carmelo Anthony wants a trade to the Knicks , but he also wants an extension.

The Knicks would prefer to sign Anthony outright in free agency in order to not make a costly trade.

"He wants the money," one source said.

The Knicks are taking a position that their offer of Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and a first round pick is as far as they are willing to go for Anthony.

A source said "there'll be changes made if [the deal with the Knicks] doesn't get done," and agent Leon Rose has to be concerned about other high powered agents attempting to lure Anthony away from Creative Artists Agency.

Via Alan Hahn/Newsday

Just posted in knicks thread. Fred Kebrer of CBS sports said it is the 2014 NYK first round pick in this final deal, Not minny's

Just posted in knicks thread. Fred Kebrer of CBS sports said it is the 2014 NYK first round pick in this final deal, Not minny's

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

So is Minnesota even involved in that "final" proposal?  Who or what would they be giving up for Randolph and Curry?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

So is Minnesota even involved in that "final" proposal?  Who or what would they be giving up for Randolph and Curry?

From a Nuggets perspective I dont really see why they would take the Knicks deal (other than to get it over and done with) - I think all these pieces are okay but nothing that is going to help a franchise that is going to be 3 - 5 years away from doing anything. I hope they make him chose - the money or the Knicks and dont acquiesce to this charade. All of this makes me nostalgic for the the Decision - at least that was only 30 minutes of BS not an entire season

From a Nuggets perspective I dont really see why they would take the Knicks deal (other than to get it over and done with) - I think all these pieces are okay but nothing that is going to help a franchise that is going to be 3 - 5 years away from doing anything. I hope they make him chose - the money or the Knicks and dont acquiesce to this charade. All of this makes me nostalgic for the the Decision - at least that was only 30 minutes of BS not an entire season

^They take either deal if Anthony lets it known that he isn't going to sign there...at that point, the Nuggets are better off getting something rather than nothing, even if it's not franchise-changing. You saw what happened to the Cavs last year.

^They take either deal if Anthony lets it known that he isn't going to sign there...at that point, the Nuggets are better off getting something rather than nothing, even if it's not franchise-changing. You saw what happened to the Cavs last year.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I understand taking something is better than nothing to a point but unless they can turn these pieces into first rounders the team will not be markedly different having these players or not having them - its going to be a bad to mediocre team for awhile.  Additionally, unless they are getting a franchise rebuilding center piece, the team is better off keeping Billups as a PR move and letting Melo move on.  I think its hard for people outside of Denver to understand how much he means to this community. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

I understand taking something is better than nothing to a point but unless they can turn these pieces into first rounders the team will not be markedly different having these players or not having them - its going to be a bad to mediocre team for awhile.  Additionally, unless they are getting a franchise rebuilding center piece, the team is better off keeping Billups as a PR move and letting Melo move on.  I think its hard for people outside of Denver to understand how much he means to this community. 

just take the damn deal already Denver. i hope they dont ask for any more additional picks players or anything

if not they gonna ask for unlimited broadway tickets, the A C E train line, and a portion of the yellow cab business

this is getting absurd and if he ends up in denver, i will never read a column regarding a player and their free agency again

just take the damn deal already Denver. i hope they dont ask for any more additional picks players or anything

if not they gonna ask for unlimited broadway tickets, the A C E train line, and a portion of the yellow cab business

this is getting absurd and if he ends up in denver, i will never read a column regarding a player and their free agency again

Exclusive: Nets Owner Prokhorov Talks Carmelo Anthony
Published: Sunday, 20 Feb 2011 | 5:13 PM ET Text Size 
By: Darren Rovell
CNBC Sports Business Reporter

Twitter LinkedInMore Share

AP
Mikhail Prokhorov
From his hotel suite in Beverly Hills, New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov was playing coy on Sunday afternoon when asked what exactly happened in his short meeting with Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony yesterday.

"It was a fantastic meeting, trust me," Prokhorov said, smiling. "No words, live music, excellent atmosphere. We looked into each other's eyes. Just real man talk."

Earlier this week, the Nets reached a tentative deal that would send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh, and four first-round picks to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Shelden Williams and Melvin Ely. Anthony would then have to be willing to sign a three-year, $65 million extension for the trade to be made.

Prokhorov maintained that he has not wavered on his thoughts from a month ago that the team shouldn't be so eager to do a deal with Anthony. He insists he had no plans to meet with Anthony as of yesterday morning, but things changed.

"As you know, my instinct was to stay away and I still think that is (the) right decision," said Prokhorov, in a wide-ranging interview which will air on CNBC on Tuesday. "But when the meeting was fixed, (Nets GM) Billy King called me and said, 'We need you.' I was convinced and I still think I'm right to stay away, but we have teamwork so sometimes we need to be all together."

"Carmelo is in a difficult situation..For him, maybe it's the most important decision of his life.

Exclusive: Nets Owner Prokhorov Talks Carmelo Anthony
Published: Sunday, 20 Feb 2011 | 5:13 PM ET Text Size 
By: Darren Rovell
CNBC Sports Business Reporter

Twitter LinkedInMore Share

AP
Mikhail Prokhorov
From his hotel suite in Beverly Hills, New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov was playing coy on Sunday afternoon when asked what exactly happened in his short meeting with Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony yesterday.

"It was a fantastic meeting, trust me," Prokhorov said, smiling. "No words, live music, excellent atmosphere. We looked into each other's eyes. Just real man talk."

Earlier this week, the Nets reached a tentative deal that would send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh, and four first-round picks to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Shelden Williams and Melvin Ely. Anthony would then have to be willing to sign a three-year, $65 million extension for the trade to be made.

Prokhorov maintained that he has not wavered on his thoughts from a month ago that the team shouldn't be so eager to do a deal with Anthony. He insists he had no plans to meet with Anthony as of yesterday morning, but things changed.

"As you know, my instinct was to stay away and I still think that is (the) right decision," said Prokhorov, in a wide-ranging interview which will air on CNBC on Tuesday. "But when the meeting was fixed, (Nets GM) Billy King called me and said, 'We need you.' I was convinced and I still think I'm right to stay away, but we have teamwork so sometimes we need to be all together."

"Carmelo is in a difficult situation..For him, maybe it's the most important decision of his life.

Kapstone is 100% about what Chauncey means to the city of Denver. He is the hometown hero and people like him more than anyone else on the team.

Kapstone is 100% about what Chauncey means to the city of Denver. He is the hometown hero and people like him more than anyone else on the team.

Back
Top Bottom