Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

At the beginning of summer, i was HIGHLY against moving AR AND Gallo for Melo. Now, whatever. just get this #!%* done so the rest of the league can make some moves.

At the beginning of summer, i was HIGHLY against moving AR AND Gallo for Melo. Now, whatever. just get this #!%* done so the rest of the league can make some moves.

Newsday reporting Knicks make final offer.

Felton, Danilo, Chandler, Curry + Pick for Melo, Billups, Balkman, Williams.

Newsday reporting Knicks make final offer.

Felton, Danilo, Chandler, Curry + Pick for Melo, Billups, Balkman, Williams.

its a win win situation in my book... i like the trade because we aren't giving up too much besides felton but at least we got chauncey whos serviceable... and i want melo on this team period so no the trade is not a big deal... if the nuggets don't take our deal i won't even be mad because it just shows they didn't want to trade melo to begin with and more players from the knicks is OD like landry and mosgov hell no! the roster is already short with chandler gone and we can't afford giving up our only center and starting 2 guard...

its a win win situation in my book... i like the trade because we aren't giving up too much besides felton but at least we got chauncey whos serviceable... and i want melo on this team period so no the trade is not a big deal... if the nuggets don't take our deal i won't even be mad because it just shows they didn't want to trade melo to begin with and more players from the knicks is OD like landry and mosgov hell no! the roster is already short with chandler gone and we can't afford giving up our only center and starting 2 guard...

Source: Knicks 'not going any further' with offers

11 m ago By Alan Hahn

LOS ANGELES -- The Knicks appear to have drawn a line in the sand in their negotiations with the Denver Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony. A person with knowledge of the situation said the team will not budge any more than they've already gone with their offers to Denver.

The Nuggets now have to decide whether they want to make this deal with the Knicks or play games with Carmelo until Thursday's trade deadline.

"We're not going any further now," the source said. "It's out of our hands."

The Knicks have an offer on the table that includes Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton going to Denver along with a first-round pick from the Minnesota Timberwolves, for Anthony, guard Chauncey Billups and at least one other reserve player, plus $3 million in cash considerations. The deal the Knicks have in place will save the Nuggets as much as $6 million in luxury tax this season.

Though the Knicks would prefer to sign Anthony as a free agent in the offseason, multiple sources say the organization has been made aware that Anthony has no interest in waiting for free agency, especially with the uncertainty that lies ahead in collective bargaining.

"He wants the money," one source said.

That obviously complicates things for the Knicks, who might have been able to negotiate a more favorable deal if Anthony had used the threat of walking after the season to motivate Denver to trade him.

Donnie Walsh wanted to do this the usual way: set parameters, negotiate and then stare at the clock until the 11th hour and see if the Nuggets buckle under the pressure of trading Carmelo for a little less than what they were hoping to get for their superstar.

But there has been nothing usual about this process, which has plummeted to incorrigible levels of amateurish behavior and inane posturing. Walsh, according to sources, has never been completely confident that Denver would ever come to a fair deal. He has good reason to believe this, considering the behavior of several people involved in the process who have gone to great lengths to undermine the Knicks' efforts both behind the scenes and in the media.

Despite reports that suggest Walsh has been completely removed from the situation, multiple sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations insist that Walsh is very much involved "on the basketball side" of the decision-making. One source also said that Isiah Thomas' reported involvement in advising Knicks owner James Dolan is not an effort to undercut Walsh.

"Isiah is not undermining Donnie," said an NBA source with no connection to the Knicks or the Garden, but direct knowledge of the situation.

"It's not an issue," a source close to Walsh agreed.

The Knicks are apparently concerned enough about the reports and speculation that has arisen this weekend that the team released a joint statement from Dolan, Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni on Sunday that said:

“We want to make it abundantly clear that we have been in constant communication throughout this process and the three of us are in complete agreement with everything that we are currently working on. Together, we will do what is best for the long-term success of the franchise.

In addition, we want to make it clear that no one from outside our organization has been involved in this process in any way. We will have no further comment at this time.

Source: Knicks 'not going any further' with offers

11 m ago By Alan Hahn

LOS ANGELES -- The Knicks appear to have drawn a line in the sand in their negotiations with the Denver Nuggets for Carmelo Anthony. A person with knowledge of the situation said the team will not budge any more than they've already gone with their offers to Denver.

The Nuggets now have to decide whether they want to make this deal with the Knicks or play games with Carmelo until Thursday's trade deadline.

"We're not going any further now," the source said. "It's out of our hands."

The Knicks have an offer on the table that includes Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton going to Denver along with a first-round pick from the Minnesota Timberwolves, for Anthony, guard Chauncey Billups and at least one other reserve player, plus $3 million in cash considerations. The deal the Knicks have in place will save the Nuggets as much as $6 million in luxury tax this season.

Though the Knicks would prefer to sign Anthony as a free agent in the offseason, multiple sources say the organization has been made aware that Anthony has no interest in waiting for free agency, especially with the uncertainty that lies ahead in collective bargaining.

"He wants the money," one source said.

That obviously complicates things for the Knicks, who might have been able to negotiate a more favorable deal if Anthony had used the threat of walking after the season to motivate Denver to trade him.

Donnie Walsh wanted to do this the usual way: set parameters, negotiate and then stare at the clock until the 11th hour and see if the Nuggets buckle under the pressure of trading Carmelo for a little less than what they were hoping to get for their superstar.

But there has been nothing usual about this process, which has plummeted to incorrigible levels of amateurish behavior and inane posturing. Walsh, according to sources, has never been completely confident that Denver would ever come to a fair deal. He has good reason to believe this, considering the behavior of several people involved in the process who have gone to great lengths to undermine the Knicks' efforts both behind the scenes and in the media.

Despite reports that suggest Walsh has been completely removed from the situation, multiple sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations insist that Walsh is very much involved "on the basketball side" of the decision-making. One source also said that Isiah Thomas' reported involvement in advising Knicks owner James Dolan is not an effort to undercut Walsh.

"Isiah is not undermining Donnie," said an NBA source with no connection to the Knicks or the Garden, but direct knowledge of the situation.

"It's not an issue," a source close to Walsh agreed.

The Knicks are apparently concerned enough about the reports and speculation that has arisen this weekend that the team released a joint statement from Dolan, Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni on Sunday that said:

“We want to make it abundantly clear that we have been in constant communication throughout this process and the three of us are in complete agreement with everything that we are currently working on. Together, we will do what is best for the long-term success of the franchise.

In addition, we want to make it clear that no one from outside our organization has been involved in this process in any way. We will have no further comment at this time.

WHY FELTON??? WHY GALLO??? eventually the Nuggets have NO CHOICE, just give them Chandler, Curry, and picks

WHY FELTON??? WHY GALLO??? eventually the Nuggets have NO CHOICE, just give them Chandler, Curry, and picks

they can send him to a rental team and force him to choose between the money and staying where he is. can't straight up low ball denver unless melo is willing to go to free agency, and at this point he is not

they can send him to a rental team and force him to choose between the money and staying where he is. can't straight up low ball denver unless melo is willing to go to free agency, and at this point he is not

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Yeah they do. Because Melo has made it clear he wants his money from that extension and he also wants to be in NY. He wants his cake and eat it too.

If Melo would have said I want to go to NY no matter what. I'm not signing an extension anywhere but NY and taken a firm stance, then he would have got exactly what he wanted. The Nuggets would want to get something for him and no other team would have offered value for a rental player. Making NY his only trade destination.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Yeah they do. Because Melo has made it clear he wants his money from that extension and he also wants to be in NY. He wants his cake and eat it too.

If Melo would have said I want to go to NY no matter what. I'm not signing an extension anywhere but NY and taken a firm stance, then he would have got exactly what he wanted. The Nuggets would want to get something for him and no other team would have offered value for a rental player. Making NY his only trade destination.

Bearup is the key on the Nuggets side. As I said before, this guy and Melo don't get along and he would be willing to keep Melo just to pressure him to sign that extension.

Bearup is the key on the Nuggets side. As I said before, this guy and Melo don't get along and he would be willing to keep Melo just to pressure him to sign that extension.

@KBerg_CBS Sources: #Knicks have made final offer for Melo: Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Curry, first. No Fields, no Mozgov. It's up to Denver now.
@KBerg_CBS Curry and his $11 million expiring contract would go to Minnesota along with Anthony Randolph as part of Melo deal, @CBSSports has learned
@KBerg_CBS #Denver would send Melo, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter to New York, sources say. Denver gets first from Minn.

@KBerg_CBS Sources: #Knicks have made final offer for Melo: Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Curry, first. No Fields, no Mozgov. It's up to Denver now.
@KBerg_CBS Curry and his $11 million expiring contract would go to Minnesota along with Anthony Randolph as part of Melo deal, @CBSSports has learned
@KBerg_CBS #Denver would send Melo, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter to New York, sources say. Denver gets first from Minn.

Originally Posted by PMatic

what!??!?! Randolph AND curry's expiring contract for 1st round pick? i thought it was only randolph

Back
Top Bottom