Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by franchise3

What the Knicks should do is, back out of everything completely at this point (if the reports are true that they want Moz + Fields instead of Gallo now)

Put all the pressure on Melo + the Nuggets. Let them squirm.

Melo doesn't even want to meet with NJ, which means he doesn't want to sign the extension with them. Which means NJ won't bother trading with NY.

So who's left? Bulls won't give up Noah. Nuggets don't want Deng + Gibson + fillers. And it's not even clear he'd sign an extension there. Or Dallas. Or Houston, so no trades there either.

Just back out, and let Melo come via FA.

Because after through all this, ain't no way Melo resigns with Denver.

And if Melo buckles under the pressure and is about that $, and does choose to sign an extension with NJ, then ohh well. Least you guys have a borderline playoff team intact in the current form, as opposed to a gutted Melo + Stat team waiting until 2012 for CP3 to complete the puzzle.

Exactly im glad other ppl see this for what it is. Denver is trying to play bluff, and pull the knicks card. Problem is that Denver is playing the game with their hand showing. They have no leverage, and the funny thing is they are playing as if they do. Knicks clearly have the advantage, and are basically in an win/win situation.

Originally Posted by franchise3

What the Knicks should do is, back out of everything completely at this point (if the reports are true that they want Moz + Fields instead of Gallo now)

Put all the pressure on Melo + the Nuggets. Let them squirm.

Melo doesn't even want to meet with NJ, which means he doesn't want to sign the extension with them. Which means NJ won't bother trading with NY.

So who's left? Bulls won't give up Noah. Nuggets don't want Deng + Gibson + fillers. And it's not even clear he'd sign an extension there. Or Dallas. Or Houston, so no trades there either.

Just back out, and let Melo come via FA.

Because after through all this, ain't no way Melo resigns with Denver.

And if Melo buckles under the pressure and is about that $, and does choose to sign an extension with NJ, then ohh well. Least you guys have a borderline playoff team intact in the current form, as opposed to a gutted Melo + Stat team waiting until 2012 for CP3 to complete the puzzle.

Exactly im glad other ppl see this for what it is. Denver is trying to play bluff, and pull the knicks card. Problem is that Denver is playing the game with their hand showing. They have no leverage, and the funny thing is they are playing as if they do. Knicks clearly have the advantage, and are basically in an win/win situation.

denver has leverage

his name is jimmy dolan and he plays a guitar. his other half is named isiah thomas who should have just taken a few more pills that night

Ppl in here mad at melo like this his fault lol only thing he said was that he was
Keepin his options open...whats wrong with that? Ever since last summer
When bron/bosh left teams are paranoid their franchise player might
Leave without the team receiving anything in return smh if he wants to
Keep his options open he has the right to do that.. Blame nuggests
Front office for trying to scam every team in the league...

Ppl in here mad at melo like this his fault lol only thing he said was that he was
Keepin his options open...whats wrong with that? Ever since last summer
When bron/bosh left teams are paranoid their franchise player might
Leave without the team receiving anything in return smh if he wants to
Keep his options open he has the right to do that.. Blame nuggests
Front office for trying to scam every team in the league...

denver has leverage

his name is jimmy dolan and he plays a guitar. his other half is named isiah thomas who should have just taken a few more pills that night

he came out and said he wants something done this weekend

that's not keeping your options open

he came out and said he wants something done this weekend

that's not keeping your options open

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
@ Knicks fans saying just trade em to NJ. Like if they're trying to use reverse psychology in case he does gets traded to NJ. Then they'll be like, I didnt even want him to come to NY anyway
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

That's not the mentality at all. Might be hard for you to understand but we aint the Nets. DEN is literally trying to get us to trade everybody and everything but Amar'e for Melo. That's not smart or good business. Dude's trying to make sure after we get Melo we'll just be a team with bums and 2 stars. So we're saying instead of that bs go ahead and trade him to NJ cuz it's not worth it.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
@ Knicks fans saying just trade em to NJ. Like if they're trying to use reverse psychology in case he does gets traded to NJ. Then they'll be like, I didnt even want him to come to NY anyway
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

That's not the mentality at all. Might be hard for you to understand but we aint the Nets. DEN is literally trying to get us to trade everybody and everything but Amar'e for Melo. That's not smart or good business. Dude's trying to make sure after we get Melo we'll just be a team with bums and 2 stars. So we're saying instead of that bs go ahead and trade him to NJ cuz it's not worth it.

Originally Posted by DubA169

denver has leverage

What is his leverage. Aint like Denver has a inkling that Melo will sign with them or any other team other then the Knicks. I understand the front office saying we aint dealing Melo for magic beans. But the main components Melo hasnt said he will sign with them, and Billups has said he wouldnt stay and will come back and finish his career with the Nuggets. So how do they have the upper hand. You got two players, one who says I will sign with you regardless if a trade or FA, and the other says I aint signing and im comming back to denver next season. So essentially you giving up 3+ players and 3 future pics for a player you can get and sign via FA, and a player who at the end of the season, will return to Denver.

Originally Posted by DubA169

denver has leverage

What is his leverage. Aint like Denver has a inkling that Melo will sign with them or any other team other then the Knicks. I understand the front office saying we aint dealing Melo for magic beans. But the main components Melo hasnt said he will sign with them, and Billups has said he wouldnt stay and will come back and finish his career with the Nuggets. So how do they have the upper hand. You got two players, one who says I will sign with you regardless if a trade or FA, and the other says I aint signing and im comming back to denver next season. So essentially you giving up 3+ players and 3 future pics for a player you can get and sign via FA, and a player who at the end of the season, will return to Denver.

Not necessarily that we have the leverage. DEN obviously knows that more teams than NYK are gonna be in the running for melo in free agency.
They know that the knicks might not take that chance and get lebronized 2 summers in a row.

So I don't think we have ALL the leverage until melo whispers in our ears that he will come here in the offseason for less $$.

Looks like denver might give the evil villain " see those guys never cared about you, they only care for themselves if they cared, they would have made sure you got your money" speech and then melo probably wouldn't wanna deal with us.
NOR Denver cause we both essentially "screwed him"

Melo is gonna be traded and either he's gonna be screwed by having no choice but to go to the nets or the knicks are gonna get screwed. If he wants that $$ he's gonna sign SOMEWHERE
Nj or even Denver if he has to.

Not necessarily that we have the leverage. DEN obviously knows that more teams than NYK are gonna be in the running for melo in free agency.
They know that the knicks might not take that chance and get lebronized 2 summers in a row.

So I don't think we have ALL the leverage until melo whispers in our ears that he will come here in the offseason for less $$.

Looks like denver might give the evil villain " see those guys never cared about you, they only care for themselves if they cared, they would have made sure you got your money" speech and then melo probably wouldn't wanna deal with us.
NOR Denver cause we both essentially "screwed him"

Melo is gonna be traded and either he's gonna be screwed by having no choice but to go to the nets or the knicks are gonna get screwed. If he wants that $$ he's gonna sign SOMEWHERE
Nj or even Denver if he has to.

I'm just crossing my fingers a deal gets done within the next 24 hours.

...and see what happens to the All-Star lineups
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm just crossing my fingers a deal gets done within the next 24 hours.

...and see what happens to the All-Star lineups
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who else is going to be in the running for Melo? Indiana and Sacramento?
laugh.gif

Melo's going to be in New York regardless, just a matter of how much he's going to sign for.

Who else is going to be in the running for Melo? Indiana and Sacramento?
laugh.gif

Melo's going to be in New York regardless, just a matter of how much he's going to sign for.

for everyone who says melo should just wait out till its free agency, if there is a lockout, how will melos contract look if he does sign with the knicks?

for everyone who says melo should just wait out till its free agency, if there is a lockout, how will melos contract look if he does sign with the knicks?

LaMarcus Aldridge is sitting next to his phone hoping he gets a call to fly out to LA.
laugh.gif

LaMarcus Aldridge is sitting next to his phone hoping he gets a call to fly out to LA.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Without signing the extension, Melo would lose out on 15-20M guaranteed with a new CBA in place, according to all reports.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Without signing the extension, Melo would lose out on 15-20M guaranteed with a new CBA in place, according to all reports.

Back
Top Bottom