Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Not necessarily that we have the leverage. DEN obviously knows that more teams than NYK are gonna be in the running for melo in free agency.
They know that the knicks might not take that chance and get lebronized 2 summers in a row.

So I don't think we have ALL the leverage until melo whispers in our ears that he will come here in the offseason for less $$.

Looks like denver might give the evil villain " see those guys never cared about you, they only care for themselves if they cared, they would have made sure you got your money" speech and then melo probably wouldn't wanna deal with us.
NOR Denver cause we both essentially "screwed him"

Melo is gonna be traded and either he's gonna be screwed by having no choice but to go to the nets or the knicks are gonna get screwed. If he wants that $$ he's gonna sign SOMEWHERE
Nj or even Denver if he has to.
Carmelo Anthony isn't a 16 year old girl being sweet talked into prostitution.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Not necessarily that we have the leverage. DEN obviously knows that more teams than NYK are gonna be in the running for melo in free agency.
They know that the knicks might not take that chance and get lebronized 2 summers in a row.

So I don't think we have ALL the leverage until melo whispers in our ears that he will come here in the offseason for less $$.

Looks like denver might give the evil villain " see those guys never cared about you, they only care for themselves if they cared, they would have made sure you got your money" speech and then melo probably wouldn't wanna deal with us.
NOR Denver cause we both essentially "screwed him"

Melo is gonna be traded and either he's gonna be screwed by having no choice but to go to the nets or the knicks are gonna get screwed. If he wants that $$ he's gonna sign SOMEWHERE
Nj or even Denver if he has to.
Carmelo Anthony isn't a 16 year old girl being sweet talked into prostitution.

@christomasson Carmelo Anthony said he won't meet with weekend with Nets owner Prokhorov. Prokhorov already has said he won't meet with Melo.
Well that's that.

@christomasson Carmelo Anthony said he won't meet with weekend with Nets owner Prokhorov. Prokhorov already has said he won't meet with Melo.
Well that's that.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Well that's that.

NY Times reporting now Carmelo has told people close to him he will not sign an extension with NJ. Not really surprising, but it really is now NY or nothing.

Problem is, why would NY bid against themselves now

Originally Posted by PMatic

Well that's that.

NY Times reporting now Carmelo has told people close to him he will not sign an extension with NJ. Not really surprising, but it really is now NY or nothing.

Problem is, why would NY bid against themselves now

February 19, 2011, 3:35 pm[h1]Anthony Draws the Line With Nets[/h1]By JONATHAN ABRAMS
LOS ANGELES — Carmelo Anthony is informing those close to him that he will not sign a contract extension if he is traded to the Nets, according to a person aware of Anthony’s preference.

The decision is not surprising, considering the Knicks have long been Anthony’s desired destination. It could also prove meaningless if the Denver Nuggets bypass Anthony’s desire and trade him to the Nets anyway. he would then be confronted with the same choice: sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension or risk losing millions in a re-engineered labor agreement.

But the Nets are unlikely to agree to trade for Anthony without the assurance that he would sign an extension. On Saturday, a spokeswoman for Mikhail D. Prokhorov, the Nets’ majority owner, said that he had no plans to meet with Anthony while in Los Angeles for the All-Star Game, according to The Associated Press.

“Mikhail has not met with and has no plans to meet with Carmelo Anthony,

February 19, 2011, 3:35 pm[h1]Anthony Draws the Line With Nets[/h1]By JONATHAN ABRAMS
LOS ANGELES — Carmelo Anthony is informing those close to him that he will not sign a contract extension if he is traded to the Nets, according to a person aware of Anthony’s preference.

The decision is not surprising, considering the Knicks have long been Anthony’s desired destination. It could also prove meaningless if the Denver Nuggets bypass Anthony’s desire and trade him to the Nets anyway. he would then be confronted with the same choice: sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension or risk losing millions in a re-engineered labor agreement.

But the Nets are unlikely to agree to trade for Anthony without the assurance that he would sign an extension. On Saturday, a spokeswoman for Mikhail D. Prokhorov, the Nets’ majority owner, said that he had no plans to meet with Anthony while in Los Angeles for the All-Star Game, according to The Associated Press.

“Mikhail has not met with and has no plans to meet with Carmelo Anthony,

Well, Alan Hahn DID say that we shouldnt take ANY reports until AFTER the AS weekend over serious.

Well, Alan Hahn DID say that we shouldnt take ANY reports until AFTER the AS weekend over serious.

the package the nets would give up is insane. i think theyd be stupid to give up THAT much. theyre going to suck all 3 years melo is there, then he'll bounce

but, why is it only a 3 year 65 mil extension? why cant/doesnt he sign a 6-7 year deal like everybody else?

the package the nets would give up is insane. i think theyd be stupid to give up THAT much. theyre going to suck all 3 years melo is there, then he'll bounce

but, why is it only a 3 year 65 mil extension? why cant/doesnt he sign a 6-7 year deal like everybody else?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Because he's still under contract. If he were to wait until the summer and opt out to be a free agent, he could sign a five or six year deal (under this current CBA).

Because he's still under contract. If he were to wait until the summer and opt out to be a free agent, he could sign a five or six year deal (under this current CBA).

Because he's still under contract. Either he signs an extension now while he still has a contract or he waits until after the season when his contract is up.

Because he's still under contract. Either he signs an extension now while he still has a contract or he waits until after the season when his contract is up.

Looks like not taking that 3 yr w/opt out in 10 like Wade/Lebron/Bosh did is biting Melo in the %#!.

He could've damn well been a Knick 7 months ago.

Looks like not taking that 3 yr w/opt out in 10 like Wade/Lebron/Bosh did is biting Melo in the %#!.

He could've damn well been a Knick 7 months ago.

I know everyone says that Melo should've done what Bron and Wade did, but hindsight is 20/20 and we have to look at his decision in light of the circumstances at the time he signed the contract.  At that time, Melo was still making horrible decisions on and off the court ( Slim Drug issue, DUI, Stop Snitching Video, Club fight, fight with the Knicks) and many people believed that he didn't have the same upside as Wade or Bron to warrant the risk of not taking the the money while he could.  If you guys remember, the entire contract thing with Bron, Wade and Bosh was an entirely new and unproven concept and many people felt like only Wade and Bron should sign that kind of deal.

It was initially assumed at the time that the five-year extension for maximum money was the way to go for the legion of budding superstars. LeBron was the first to see the smaller three-year deal with the option, followed closely by Wade and Bosh. Carmelo Anthony, notably, signed on for five years in Denver, with at opt-out next summer.

http://www.nba.com/2010/n....bosh.options/index.html

I know everyone says that Melo should've done what Bron and Wade did, but hindsight is 20/20 and we have to look at his decision in light of the circumstances at the time he signed the contract.  At that time, Melo was still making horrible decisions on and off the court ( Slim Drug issue, DUI, Stop Snitching Video, Club fight, fight with the Knicks) and many people believed that he didn't have the same upside as Wade or Bron to warrant the risk of not taking the the money while he could.  If you guys remember, the entire contract thing with Bron, Wade and Bosh was an entirely new and unproven concept and many people felt like only Wade and Bron should sign that kind of deal.

It was initially assumed at the time that the five-year extension for maximum money was the way to go for the legion of budding superstars. LeBron was the first to see the smaller three-year deal with the option, followed closely by Wade and Bosh. Carmelo Anthony, notably, signed on for five years in Denver, with at opt-out next summer.

http://www.nba.com/2010/n....bosh.options/index.html

My team is going full circle here

If melo can't get done (which it looks like that) the nets will trade murph and a 2nd rd pick to GSW for brandan wright and Dan gadzuric

We go from superstar to scrubs

Got to love my team

Lol

My team is going full circle here

If melo can't get done (which it looks like that) the nets will trade murph and a 2nd rd pick to GSW for brandan wright and Dan gadzuric

We go from superstar to scrubs

Got to love my team

Lol

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

i guess i dont understand contracts, but i just thought the team your on could sign you for however many years they want/offer
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

i guess i dont understand contracts, but i just thought the team your on could sign you for however many years they want/offer
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom