Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by petermans

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by air max 87

need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.
uhhh no.

you dont trade everything away for ifs and maybes. stop it.
Listen the only thing that is keeping this trade from happening is Gallo. Fields is not going anywhere. So, youre telling me Felton, Gallo, and Chandler is not worth giving up?
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ talking like you're included in these trade proposals. What if they want Fields too? and Mozgov and 3 1st round picks? At all costs right?

Who told you Felton, Gallo, and Chandler was the deal Den wanted? There's no article out there with just those players.
laugh.gif

Well, the last article that came out stated that the denver wants 3 starters and a 1st round. Correct me if I'm wrong that can be Felton Gallo and Chandler?
The last article involving those names also involved another starter yet to be named (either Mozgov or Fields). It was never just those 3. When that was first reported earlier this week/last week the first articles reporting didn't tell the whole deal.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.
uhhh no.

you dont trade everything away for ifs and maybes. stop it.
Listen the only thing that is keeping this trade from happening is Gallo. Fields is not going anywhere. So, youre telling me Felton, Gallo, and Chandler is not worth giving up?
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ talking like you're included in these trade proposals. What if they want Fields too? and Mozgov and 3 1st round picks? At all costs right?

Who told you Felton, Gallo, and Chandler was the deal Den wanted? There's no article out there with just those players.
laugh.gif

Well, the last article that came out stated that the denver wants 3 starters and a 1st round. Correct me if I'm wrong that can be Felton Gallo and Chandler?
The last article involving those names also involved another starter yet to be named (either Mozgov or Fields). It was never just those 3. When that was first reported earlier this week/last week the first articles reporting didn't tell the whole deal.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Felton, Chandler, Gallo and 1st/AR for Melo/Billups

yes no maybe?
too much...way too much

It really isn't. This league is heading in one direction and one direction only. The teams with 3 superstars...Then the rest.

The only chance NY has at winning a Championship while Amare is still in his prime is to get Carmelo and hope to God you can get CP3 or Deron....Very likely to happen. The other is going to Orlando.

It's not even about the if's and maybe's. DWill and CP3 know they to need join either D12 or NYK, if they want to end up competing for a Championship.   

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Felton, Chandler, Gallo and 1st/AR for Melo/Billups

yes no maybe?
too much...way too much

It really isn't. This league is heading in one direction and one direction only. The teams with 3 superstars...Then the rest.

The only chance NY has at winning a Championship while Amare is still in his prime is to get Carmelo and hope to God you can get CP3 or Deron....Very likely to happen. The other is going to Orlando.

It's not even about the if's and maybe's. DWill and CP3 know they to need join either D12 or NYK, if they want to end up competing for a Championship.   

Espn just reported "Melo stand to lose up to 50 Million if he wait for free agency"
i hope that number isnt real number
Melo agent want to sign that extension asap

Espn just reported "Melo stand to lose up to 50 Million if he wait for free agency"

Lose $50M? I was always under the impression it'd be 15-20M

I know NY fans like to say he can make some money back through endorsements by playing in NY, but how much can dude REALLY make?

Amare signed a 5 year, $100M deal basically. So on top of that he's making even MORE via 'NY endorsements' ?

I know NY fans like to say he can make some money back through endorsements by playing in NY, but how much can dude REALLY make?

Amare signed a 5 year, $100M deal basically. So on top of that he's making even MORE via 'NY endorsements' ?

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

How is that possible?
The extension is $65 million/3 years. You mean to tell me the best deal he can get in free agency this summer could be $15 million/3 years?

roll.gif

How is that possible?
The extension is $65 million/3 years. You mean to tell me the best deal he can get in free agency this summer could be $15 million/3 years?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How is that possible?

roll.gif
ESPN, Niketalk and critical thinking don't go well together
laugh.gif

How is that possible?

roll.gif
ESPN, Niketalk and critical thinking don't go well together
laugh.gif

How is that possible?

roll.gif

I think his current contract runs through next season so the extension would kick in the season after.  He's got an ETO this season so if he opts for FA, he'd stand to forfeit next year's salary along with the $65M extension.  So let's just say his salary next year is $20M, adding that to the $65M extension is $85M/4yrs... that means ESPN is implying the best offer could be $35M/4yrs.  Yeah, that $50M projected loss is still damn excessive.

How is that possible?

roll.gif

I think his current contract runs through next season so the extension would kick in the season after.  He's got an ETO this season so if he opts for FA, he'd stand to forfeit next year's salary along with the $65M extension.  So let's just say his salary next year is $20M, adding that to the $65M extension is $85M/4yrs... that means ESPN is implying the best offer could be $35M/4yrs.  Yeah, that $50M projected loss is still damn excessive.

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

How is that possible?

roll.gif

Makes more sense, thanks.
Still sounds unrealistic. There are too many variables to determine what could happen.

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

How is that possible?

roll.gif

Makes more sense, thanks.
Still sounds unrealistic. There are too many variables to determine what could happen.

Originally Posted by franchise3

He does. He was in some Verizon commercials, and a few others. I'm sure he'll have a Rolex ad or something in Times Square in the off-season.

Originally Posted by franchise3

He does. He was in some Verizon commercials, and a few others. I'm sure he'll have a Rolex ad or something in Times Square in the off-season.

@AlexKennedyNBA I'm asking other players what they would do in Melo's shoes. So far, every player has texted that they wouldn't sign an extension with N.J.
@AlexKennedyNBA Nearly every player has said that they would tell the Nets no and use their leverage to land in New York.
@AlexKennedyNBA One Eastern Conference player said that he would sign an extension with the Nuggets before he would sign one with the Nets.
@AlexKennedyNBA "Would I sign with the Nets? Hell no," said the player. He joked that Melo would have to watch playoffs from home, but "on a very nice TV."

Back
Top Bottom