Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

from wfan :

melo now sayin he would play for the heat for the minimum
laugh.gif

Now were quoting Mike Francesa
laugh.gif

goodnight folks

indifferent.gif
hes gettin the info from someone, hes not makin it up

Dude was laughing when he said it are you $#@!$% serious ?
roll.gif

No way in hell you can be that dense

of course he was laughin, because its funny

which is why i put one of these >
laugh.gif
at the end, but he was reading it as it was sent to him, even if melo was joking

from wfan :

melo now sayin he would play for the heat for the minimum
laugh.gif

Now were quoting Mike Francesa
laugh.gif

goodnight folks

indifferent.gif
hes gettin the info from someone, hes not makin it up

Dude was laughing when he said it are you $#@!$% serious ?
roll.gif

No way in hell you can be that dense

of course he was laughin, because its funny

which is why i put one of these >
laugh.gif
at the end, but he was reading it as it was sent to him, even if melo was joking

Hope he doesnt do it, that would still be a bad nets team. Just want him to go to ny and dwill or cp3 follow him.

Hope he doesnt do it, that would still be a bad nets team. Just want him to go to ny and dwill or cp3 follow him.

Lets say melo sign the extension with the Nets.

Can anyone tell me how their bench would be like ?

Nets 12 wins last year.
As of right now this season, 17 wins , 40 losses %.298
sick.gif

Lets say melo sign the extension with the Nets.

Can anyone tell me how their bench would be like ?

Nets 12 wins last year.
As of right now this season, 17 wins , 40 losses %.298
sick.gif

so whats the hold up? melo and billups for gallanari, felton, and curry... sounds like a fair deal to me.

so whats the hold up? melo and billups for gallanari, felton, and curry... sounds like a fair deal to me.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick. Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick. Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Soooo...

Billups, Fields or Chandler, Melo, Amare, C < Felton, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, C

Am I missing something here?

NY isn't going to contend this year or next anyway with the current squad, Billups contract will be up after this season. I'm sure that in 2012 an Amare/Melo combo will be more attractive to a certain Dwight, CP3 or Deron.

Soooo...

Billups, Fields or Chandler, Melo, Amare, C < Felton, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, C

Am I missing something here?

NY isn't going to contend this year or next anyway with the current squad, Billups contract will be up after this season. I'm sure that in 2012 an Amare/Melo combo will be more attractive to a certain Dwight, CP3 or Deron.

[h3]Dolan Met With Carmelo On Thursday; Knicks, Nuggets To Hold Conference Call On Friday[/h3]
Feb 18, 2011 16:40 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Knicks and Nuggets are set for a high-level conference call concerning a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony.

In a surprise move, James Dolan already held a meeting with Anthony late Thursday in Los Angeles, beating Mikhail Prokhorov to the punch.

In the afternoon on Friday, Knicks front office members will get on the phone with Nuggets officials.  Expected to be on the call are Dolan, Donnie Walsh, San Kroenke and Masai Uriji.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick.  Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Anthony said he is unaware of a meeting with New Jersey and in all likelihood he is hoping that a deal can be agreed to between the Knicks and Nuggets before any meeting with the Nets is scheduled.

[h3]Dolan Met With Carmelo On Thursday; Knicks, Nuggets To Hold Conference Call On Friday[/h3]
Feb 18, 2011 16:40 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Knicks and Nuggets are set for a high-level conference call concerning a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony.

In a surprise move, James Dolan already held a meeting with Anthony late Thursday in Los Angeles, beating Mikhail Prokhorov to the punch.

In the afternoon on Friday, Knicks front office members will get on the phone with Nuggets officials.  Expected to be on the call are Dolan, Donnie Walsh, San Kroenke and Masai Uriji.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick.  Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Anthony said he is unaware of a meeting with New Jersey and in all likelihood he is hoping that a deal can be agreed to between the Knicks and Nuggets before any meeting with the Nets is scheduled.

so basically they want fields, chandler, and gallo, plus AR to Minny. you can't build a championship roster if all you're doing is constructing a poor mans miami heat. bron and wade are ELITE on both ends of the floor and bosh is starting to do very well in his role. if we do put together a big 3 the only thing that can put us above miami are the complimentary pieces that surround them. our FO is going to have to take risks for it (having denver not agree to the trade, watching melo sign with another team) but %*%! it, its worth it. i don't wanna get bounced in the 2nd round/ECF every year. we need to take the risks that are necessary to put ourselves in the best position for a title.

so with that trade proposal, denver can suck a @%#+ and send him to NJ where melo can average 40 a game against us but win only once out of the 4 meetings per season cuz they're going to have ZERO depth.

it seems like Melo took notes from the decision and is doing EVERYTHING to preserve his image. from warning denver beforehand (obviously the fact he wants to sign an extension played a big role in this too...but he also doesnt wanna be like bron/bosh) to not flat out saying he's already made his decision to not extend the contract with denver no matter what. i mean if u look...he dodged a question about what he told denver he feels about extending with them and goes "you gotta talk to them about that." the only reason hes saying that is because he doesn't want to flat out lie, but he also doesnt want the fans of denver to view him negatively.

he also doesn't want to say anything negative about any potential suitors, and then find out he's gotten traded to them. or what if he says "yeah im willing to extend with the knicks" but then he goes to another team. it would be embarrassing for him. props to melo for handling it almost as well as humanly possible.

so basically they want fields, chandler, and gallo, plus AR to Minny. you can't build a championship roster if all you're doing is constructing a poor mans miami heat. bron and wade are ELITE on both ends of the floor and bosh is starting to do very well in his role. if we do put together a big 3 the only thing that can put us above miami are the complimentary pieces that surround them. our FO is going to have to take risks for it (having denver not agree to the trade, watching melo sign with another team) but %*%! it, its worth it. i don't wanna get bounced in the 2nd round/ECF every year. we need to take the risks that are necessary to put ourselves in the best position for a title.

so with that trade proposal, denver can suck a @%#+ and send him to NJ where melo can average 40 a game against us but win only once out of the 4 meetings per season cuz they're going to have ZERO depth.

it seems like Melo took notes from the decision and is doing EVERYTHING to preserve his image. from warning denver beforehand (obviously the fact he wants to sign an extension played a big role in this too...but he also doesnt wanna be like bron/bosh) to not flat out saying he's already made his decision to not extend the contract with denver no matter what. i mean if u look...he dodged a question about what he told denver he feels about extending with them and goes "you gotta talk to them about that." the only reason hes saying that is because he doesn't want to flat out lie, but he also doesnt want the fans of denver to view him negatively.

he also doesn't want to say anything negative about any potential suitors, and then find out he's gotten traded to them. or what if he says "yeah im willing to extend with the knicks" but then he goes to another team. it would be embarrassing for him. props to melo for handling it almost as well as humanly possible.

need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.

need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.

Watched the Melo interview on NBAtv like a hr ago. Dude did not show his cards at all. hasn't been contacted about meeting with the Nets owner either.

*Waits for NJN fan to say Melo's son has his phone*

Back
Top Bottom