***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

You don't have a grasp. Culture Vultures are people like Miley Cyrus and her thievery of Booty shaking and twerking. Due to his skin complexion in America, Yachty was already dealt a challenging hand. Black Americans cannot be culture vultures period, especially with artforms they created.

I'm not a fan of Yachty or his music but calling dude a culture vulture is asinine. You definitely don't understand the terminology of "culture vulture"

Hip hop was created to give disenfranchised youths like Yachty a voice for self expression. He can't be a vulture of a music that was birthed for people like him :Rollin

"Perpetuating stupidity" but I bet $1,000 you're the type of guy who sits on Snapchat or IG gawking over women or watching people fight on cell phone recordings, and looking at silly memes all day. Tell me I'm lying. You perpetuate stupidity daily, if you do that.

Definitely not a culture vulture. It's his culture. The teeth, the hair. He's not trying to do something to fit in, appropriating anything and trying to appear cool.

@numbah1grimey  ... i get you're going with the 'power dynamic' model of why black folks cain't be the 'oppressor' (aka culture vulture) but honestly that read doesn't get at the definition or more over why  culture vultures are problematic and why Yachty might just be one. Simply if you are not adding to the culture of hip hop but you are eating off of it then you are a culture vulture AND rightly so you need the community needs to take you to task for it. It doesn't matter racially what shade of human you are....so, you can be black (or brown) and be a culture vulture. Iggy is a culture vulture not because she is white (or not American) but because she appropriated elements of the hip hop culture and distorted that appropriation back to the public for her personal gain. 

I mean...if we're calling Drake lyrical than is it really such a crime to put Sean in that category?

There isn't much difference in ability between Big Sean and Tyga. Production, image, song making ability, connections and tyga just being an outright clown are the real differences. Like Big Sean to me is a very basic rapper...that has the image and production.

Never got the Drake being "lyrical" thing either. He can flow....but he's not "lyrical" (sn: I enjoy "More Life").....but I won't open that can of worms.

I didn't know Chris Rock was divorced. Was rollin at the "red sneakers" part :lol:. Chris Rock being petty....and refusing to give envys daughters team an autograph because of that basketball game will never not be hilarious.

Definitely not a culture vulture. It's his culture. The teeth, the hair. He's not trying to do something to fit in, appropriating anything and trying to appear cool.

Yachty....a nice kid from a supporting family in the deep affluent suburbs of Mableton, GA....occasionally rapping about trapping and killing *****, to get a check def doesn't sit well with me. But that's the easy thing to rap about, and it's been done before...so I get it.

Yachty being lumped in with "trap" rap is def a bit of appropriation of that sub genre though. Because him and his crowd fetishcize it.

I don't listen to yachty so I wouldn't know but son really raps about criminal ****? I thought he was supppsed to be about "positivity".

Yachty....a nice kid from a supporting family in the deep affluent suburbs of Mableton, GA....occasionally rapping about trapping and killing *****, to get a check def doesn't sit well with me. But that's the easy thing to rap about, and it's been done before...so I get it.

Yachty being lumped in with "trap" rap is def a bit of appropriation of that sub genre though. Because him and his crowd fetishcize it.

That makes him a liar or a fraud, or that he's rapping about his environment as people like to say. :lol:

I don't listen to yachty so I wouldn't know but son really raps about criminal ****? I thought he was supppsed to be about "positivity".

"Red dot red dot red dot on his nose like Rudolph."

"Take a step back then I bust it l, I bust it, I bust it like Melo....aiming at you and your fellows"

Wasted beat :smh:. Kinda fire smh :lol:

Last edited:
"Red dot red dot red dot on his nose like Rudolph."

"Take a step back then I bust it l, I bust it, I bust it like Melo....aiming at you and your fellows"

Wasted beat
mean.gif
. Kinda fire smh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Interesting. I knew Uzi did this from time to time but I listened to everyone saying Yachty is all about "peace and love" and didn't know he was guilty too.

It'd be interesting to see the different range of opinions on this. Is he being a culture vulture...or are occasional rhymes about shooting people just another part of the "entertainment" process.

I have noticed that the "trap" lifestyle has been feti****ed alot by these "VLone Thug" kids. 

de1431d05be0c249488812c6d26afbe6.jpg

13671312_1162542590463389_662000979_n.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

wp-1455751112741.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought he had kinda shied away from that type **** 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Believe it or not some of his homies are some lil ****** thats out here tho 
laugh.gif
 Thats related to why he had _'s shooting at him

Carti used to run around w some older ****** on the east. He was prolly hitting licks, petty trapping nothing major he was out there tho, I think he ran away from home or something

Can't speak on none of these other ******. Ian Connor think he hard and from blood cause G Weed **** with him 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Most of the "real" trap rappers fakin and exaggerating too tbh. I can't take a large percentage of these rap ****** out here seriously.

When I heard the Peekaboo joint, I immediately knew he didn't write that verse :lol: it was like Nicki rapping about catching bodies to me.

Youngin is 99% hot garbage but his music ain't for me. I'm not mad at him though and son reactions funny as hell. I get why kids and youngins like him. My kid and her lil friends love dude.

Most of the "real" trap rappers fakin and exaggerating too tbh. I can't take a large percentage of these rap ****** out here seriously.

When I heard the Peekaboo joint, I immediately knew he didn't write that verse :lol: it was like Nicki rapping about catching bodies to me.

Youngin is 99% hot garbage but his music ain't for me. I'm not mad at him though and son reactions funny as hell. I get why kids and youngins like him. My kid and her lil friends love dude.

Pretty much my take

You don't have a grasp. Culture Vultures are people like Miley Cyrus and her thievery of Booty shaking and twerking. Due to his skin complexion in America, Yachty was already dealt a challenging hand. Black Americans cannot be culture vultures period, especially with artforms they created.

I'm not a fan of Yachty or his music but calling dude a culture vulture is asinine. You definitely don't understand the terminology of "culture vulture"

Hip hop was created to give disenfranchised youths like Yachty a voice for self expression. He can't be a vulture of a music that was birthed for people like him :Rollin

"Perpetuating stupidity" but I bet $1,000 you're the type of guy who sits on Snapchat or IG gawking over women or watching people fight on cell phone recordings, and looking at silly memes all day. Tell me I'm lying. You perpetuate stupidity daily, if you do that.

If you can't grasp that the kid blatantly said he's more concerned about the business and making money than he is the actual culture, then you're lost and it's simple as that. You all equate the term culture vulture to simply mean anyone who isn't black and that's just *** backwards. If you do not truly love the **** and see it merely a means to make a quick buck/name for yourself that you can use as a caveat into other avenues, you are a culture vulture.

Go ahead and send that $1000 playboy. I don't even have an instagram to peruse through thot pictures. It's wild comical entertaining a back and forth with the dude knowns for taking unnecessary personal jabs, actually having hover hand pictures with broads, and reverse d-riding future like you're the ***** whose ***** got ****** in some Gucci flip flops. Stop talking tough and PM me your cashapp name so you can send me my band. Either that or keep jaw jacking behind a computer/phone screen about some **** you don't know about.

@numbah1grimey
 ... i get you're going with the 'power dynamic' model of why black folks cain't be the 'oppressor' (aka culture vulture) but honestly that read doesn't get at the definition or more over why  culture vultures are problematic and why Yachty might just be one. Simply if you are not adding to the culture of hip hop but you are eating off of it then you are a culture vulture AND rightly so you need the community needs to take you to task for it. It doesn't matter racially what shade of human you are....so, you can be black (or brown) and be a culture vulture. Iggy is a culture vulture not because she is white (or not American) but because she appropriated elements of the hip hop culture and distorted that appropriation back to the public for her personal gain. 

Exactly

Last edited:
If you can't grasp that the kid blatantly said he's more concerned about the business and making money than he is the actual culture, then you're lost and it's simple as that. You all equate the term culture vulture to simply mean anyone who isn't black and that's just *** backwards. If you do not truly love the **** and see it merely a means to make a quick buck/name for yourself that you can use as a caveat into other avenues, you are a culture vulture.

Go ahead and send that $1000 playboy. I don't even have an instagram to peruse through thot pictures. It's wild comical entertaining a back and forth with the dude knowns for taking unnecessary personal jabs, actually having hover hand pictures with broads, and reverse d-riding future like you're the ***** whose ***** got ****** in some Gucci flip flops. Stop talking tough and PM me your cashapp name so you can send me my band. Either that or keep jaw jacking behind a computer/phone screen about some **** you don't know about.
Exactly

:rofl:. That Grimey hover hand roast was hilarious :lol:

View media item 2424307

I don't gawk over women via social media, I actually get **** and there are real life niketalkers who can attest to that. You on the other hand, actually hover hand broads in real life.

I don't watch fight videos on the internet.

I don't have social media to peep memes and the only ones I ever see are on NT.

So yeah, you're lying. PM me your cashapp.

Last edited:
The "Im not a rapper Im a hustler" movement has been a thing in rap for a long *** time tho. Jay is one of the best to do it and obviously has love for Hip Hop but he honestly made it cool to say **** like that about a decade ago when it really became popular

I remember ****** making corny t shirts etc

Last edited:
Hip hop is essentially intertwined in black culture. He can't be a culture vulture, because even if he wasn't rapping, he would be partaking in elements of it. The music is just one aspect of it.

There's fake upper middle class thugs with tatts and locs from the suburbs who listen to Kodak Black. Are they culture vultures?

Last edited:
Yachty most definitely raps about some of the same stuff as actual trappers/"shooters" do, it's just cleverly masked by his somewhat carefree image, whimsical (and terrible) delivery, and glossy production. Apparently 200+ million times people missed "hey little mama would you like to be my sunshine? ***** touch my gang we gon' turn this **** to Columbine" from Broccoli, the opening words on a top 5 Billboard song :lol:

Yo I like that Chris Rock said he wants a black audience for the stand ups he's gonna record. I think it helps with the experience. When I watched Dave Chappelle's and Michael Che's Netflix joints, I thought it was awkward as hell because of the disconnect. Michael Che looked like he was performing at Complex and Dave's show in Texas looked like a KKK rally. **** was mad weird.

Hip hop is essentially intertwined in black culture. He can't be a culture vulture, because even if he wasn't rapping, he would be partaking in elements of it. The music is just one aspect of it.

There's fake upper middle class thugs with tatts and locs from the suburbs who listen to Kodak Black. Are they culture vultures?

I would say yes. I simply can't agree that black people are exempt from the culture vulture label simply because of their skin color because being black isn't a monolith. Black culture is expansive and encompasses so much. Exploitation is exploitation and that's the root of what it means to be a culture vulture.

Sure, Yatchy can get on a record talking about teenage emotions and that's completely fine. But when he starts talking about turning **** into columbine if people mess with his gang, nah. The line has to be drawn at some point. Imo anyway.

Yachty most definitely raps about some of the same stuff as actual trappers/"shooters" do, it's just cleverly masked by his somewhat carefree image, whimsical (and terrible) delivery, and glossy production. Apparently 200+ million times people missed "hey little mama would you like to be my sunshine? ***** touch my gang we gon' turn this **** to Columbine" from Broccoli, the opening words on a top 5 Billboard song :lol:

I'm saying.....:rofl:

That IMMEDIATELY came to mind. But then again....it's almost impossible to focus on the lyrics to an actual verse from him.

Yo I like that Chris Rock said he wants a black audience for the stand ups he's gonna record. I think it helps with the experience. When I watched Dave Chappelle's and Michael Che's Netflix joints, I thought it was awkward as hell because of the disconnect. Michael Che looked like he was performing at Complex and Dave's show in Texas looked like a KKK rally. **** was mad weird.

Real talk.

The energy and **** is different when it's for the intended audiences. The jokes land differently, people pick up on subtle ****, off the cuff random stuff and the reactions are different.

I'm trying hit some comedy shows soon. We don't really have like a young, black, stand up class that are all coming together on the same platform and scene like what was in the 90s.

That would be dope to see again, and actually go to.

I would say yes. I simply can't agree that black people are exempt from the culture vulture label simply because of their skin color because being black isn't a monolith. Black culture is expansive and encompasses so much. Exploitation is exploitation and that's the root of what it means to be a culture vulture.

Sure, Yatchy can get on a record talking about teenage emotions and that's completely fine. But when he starts talking about turning **** into columbine if people mess with his gang, nah. The line has to be drawn at some point. Imo anyway.

It's like racism, bigotry and prejudice and how "people" try to make them have the same definition.

You can be a fraud, fake or a con man, and not be a culture vulture.

The difference between cons, frauds, etc. and people I consider to be a culture vultures is that those people who are really cons will have you believing that they're actually the person they're claiming to be (i.e. lil Wayne "being a blood" on record and then going in front of Katy Curick echoing the same sentiment). Yachty admitted that all of this is for monetary gain and for building his brand so that it'll be possible to segue into something else when this is over for him. That is the epitome of some culture vulture stuff in my book. His black skin doesn't exonerate him from that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom