***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

They coulda gone either way.

They had great energy and made some good songs but people overrate what his impact could have been because he's in prison and they'll never get to see it. If he comes home tomorrow he's not surpassing A Boogie or East in that convo. At least in my opinion maybe y'all can tell me what I'm missing.

I almost wanna ask how y'all champion them but 21 sucks :lol:

U don't like NYC so your opinion on all topics NYC is null and void. Actually your opinion on everything sucks so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

James and YC the only rappers in that lane from this decade to completely fall off.

Social media makes it near impossible for you to fall off if you just keep doing shows and music.

Crying at this still pic :rofl:

You had to be in the city at the time to feel the energy when GS9 was buzzing.

It may not have translated into mainstream other than Hot N, but he had the city excited again.

Lloyd Banks must've been punching the air like Cuba Gooding when Hot ***** popped off since he had that beat originally :lol:

Last edited:
Bobby benefited from social media more than anything. The vine of him throwing the hat and dancing is what popped the song off. Kinda like what the mannequin challenge did for rs except they had hits prior. I rock with Bobby tho but they were glory Boyz lite

Just because someone is still making budget videos to go along with their trash mixtape doesn't mean they're relevant in a larger sense. Being an opening act for another opening act at hole in the wall club doesn't mean your music is still relevant. :lol:

Bobby benefited from social media more than anything. The vine of him throwing the hat and dancing is what popped the song off. Kinda like what the mannequin challenge did for rs except they had hits prior. I rock with Bobby tho but they were glory Boyz lite

However y'all feel about him is cool but to say he wouldn't have a lane for himself right now is crazy. Rowdy Rebel was way better than Bobby was and would be a beast if he wasn't locked down.

However y'all feel about him is cool but to say he wouldn't have a lane for himself right now is crazy. Rowdy Rebel was way better than Bobby was and would be a beast if he wasn't locked down.
It's honestly no way to tell. We can all speculate where he would be but we will never know. I personally don't care if would still be listening to son music regardless if he was popping or not. Rowdy would've always been Fredo to Bobby's keef.

U don't like NYC so your opinion on all topics NYC is null and void. Actually your opinion on everything sucks so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how to i not like nyc when i just gave props to east, boogie and MA in here in the past day :lol:

shmurda is cool too i just don't know if he'd be this superstar...the artist he is a derivative of couldn't even really stay afloat

i don't like that old NYC mentality of everything having to sound a certain way and it seems like y'all finally let that go this year

i wouldn't be surprised if rowdy was the one who surpassed bobby

I think Bobby and Rowdy would've popped off. Them boys had a great delivery and energy and really fed off each other on tracks.

Computers
Livin Life
Schmoney Dance

Them tracks all go!

Computers one of the hardest songs in a long time
I'm sliding over cars while I shoooooot

I think that I'm Tom Cruise, tom cruise, tom cruise

But ***** I'm Bobby with that tool

Song is immaculate. 

if ya really wanna keep it a buck

makonnen and shmurda only really prospered that summer because my ***** Knock died

legend 
mean.gif

him still being here would have changed a lot

had the wop co-sign too

shout out to A Boogie for taking all his sauce too but its cool

Man wtf is going on in here?

I thought a fire *** interview was posted, I come in and it's this nonsense?

Lmao...

Music is music

Everything depends on what your mood is. Im 29.... I f with some of the new cats stuff....not for the lyrics but for the catchy ness of the song..... And you def will not hear me saying throw on reasonable doubt at a christmas party.

Making a classic lyrical album and a top charting pop song requires the same amount of energy imo...people would not have writers if it was easy making catchy songs.

I love lyrics though ill throw on reflection eternal train of thought before lil yatchy summer nights

Not saying throw on reasonable doubt at a party. But you do no in the golden era rappers were able to make party songs that was also lyrical.

Yes but i can almost guarantee the beat was uptempo or something was feel good/catchy about the song for it to be played at a party... It wasnt full of metaphors,double entendres, or dj premier beats.

There is a time and a place for everything...

I listen to more 90/00's rap more than anything btw most of these new kats i only hear on thr radio i dont even venture into exploring their projects beside that

Last edited:
If u like hip hoppy boom bap **** then cool, there's new guys that make that kinda stuff and years of old stuff. I can appreciate the kendrick of the world but at the same time appreciate future/thug and the others. It doesn't have to be lyrical to sound good and like dude say, it's a time and place for everything. Rap has branched off into different sub genres and the music is growing with everything else going on. We are in a time where partying, doing drugs, strip clubs etc is bring glorified and put on pedestals. The music that get the most plays in those environments is the music that get the most play. 2 live crew was before their time smh, they would be gods right now. Imma put this Rae srem back on tho, [emoji]9996[/emoji] y'all have a happy holiday

Party/Club rap was always appreciated. It's just you got dudes now calling obvious trash rappers good rappers mixing **** up. People knew how to separate the real rappers from dudes that make party/club music back then.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to hear Future, the next I'm listening to Nas. But I'm not putting them 2 in the same catergory.

I feel like people still think being lyrical strictly means rapping the thesaurus when that's not at all true

This. That "well anybody can rap the dictionary" **** is corny cuz that's not what being lyrical is.

Back
Top Bottom