***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

i think a lot of artists mess up when they try to say that they are "rappers"

i've never heard him rap in my life he just sings over rap inspired beats

he had the right idea by staying away from that XXL list and trying to go the different lane

i could also do without the Tumblr ironic white boy braids and golds but other than that what exactly are we "letting" Post Malone into

Post Malone is ******* awful. We let ANYBODY in the game now. That Lord of the Rings face *** ***** was doing pie *** indie rock just a few years ago...goes and braids his hair and puts fronts in the mouth and now he's "White Iverson". Somebody come get the ***** 

View media item 2268219

giphy.gif

Let anybody say anything and there just hating on a youngin gettin money :lol:

????

so what exactly does this ***** do? i actually liked White Iverson & Too Young but if this ***** has writers for songs like that what exactly is his purpose (outside of being the perfect Fader artist)

????

so what exactly does this ***** do? i actually liked White Iverson & Too Young but if this ***** has writers for songs like that what exactly is his purpose (outside of being the perfect Fader artist)
He's literally close friends w/ Lyor Cohen's son (his manager now). They cooked his image up in a lab, sent him to Atlanta, put him in a studio w/ FKi, Sonny Digital, Metro, etc...and they gave that ***** his entire sound, told him how to flow, everything. A kid named Sike The Drug from Chicago literally wrote like 90% of White Iverson. 

Last edited:
He's literally close friends w/ Lyor Cohen's son (his manager now). They cooked his image up in a lab, sent him to Atlanta, put him in a studio w/ FKi, Sonny Digital, Metro, etc...and they gave that ***** his entire sound, told him how to flow, everything. A kid named Sike The Drug from Chicago literally wrote like 90% of White Iverson. 

Got ya... dudes are straight creating rappers like pop stars nowadays which is type crazy, there's always been those with pop sounds or lanes, but they were NEVER in discussion with actual talent. all that **** is blurred now.

I wouldn't know anything about dude, I'm not giving him a chance.

You make music. I'm not sure how serious you are with but I pose a question.

Similar scenario and they want you to fit this kid with production. Do you do it?

????

I mean he's just a singer :lol:

The same as every other pop star in history who doesn't write their ****

A great question tho Vic...you think Weeknd writes all of his **** [emoji]128064[/emoji]

how is this different :lol:

Don't knock something before y'all try it. Like i said, he doesn't need the tumblr ironic white boy aesthetic but he's not in that Yachty/Uzi lane at all.

Song with kehlani and cold are :pimp: his album ain't bad at all. J Cole **** is better but this is def more enjoyable

Never claimed The Weeknd wrote all of his material.

Difference is...he has some semblance of tangible musical ability apparent in his music.

This guy doesn't. If they didn't Frankenstein his entire sound he'd still be making folk music in daisy dukes.

We the only ones who let this **** happen in our culture. You couldn't take 5 of us...put us in a garage, teach us how to play instruments, outfit us in Abercrombie & Fitch and turn us to a successful indie rock band in 2 years.

Last edited:
Never claimed The Weeknd wrote all of his material.

Difference is...he has some semblance of tangible musical ability apparent in his music.

This guy doesn't. If they didn't Frankenstein his entire sound he'd still be making folk music in daisy dukes.

We the only ones who let this **** happen in our culture. You couldn't take 5 of us...put us in a garage, teach us how to play instruments, outfit us in Abercrombie & Fitch and turn us to a successful indie rock band in 2 years.

definitely agree with that last part and lol at the thought of that

but idk

i listen to songs like i fall apart and i don't really see wheee he's trying to vulture us outside of trap drums

just feel like they picked the wrong time to try and force him into urban culture with this whole premise of "culture vultures" rn

i feel like he should have just naturally came up on soundcloud as an indie rock trap artist instead of trying to be a rapper then backpedaling on being a rapper when Charlemagne ate him the first time he was there

At the end of the day tho i'm rocking w the music and that's all that matters to me

and who style he tryna steal @A4S?

Last edited:
Looks like she pee'd on the curb.

Not in that pic, but she has done it before while drunk. They joked about on the show a while back, I'm guessing that pic is playing off that real life incident.

Yawp. Yee old *** needa let a young savage put da thumb up in her butt

:lol: She herself a man now, not sure who he is or his age but she getting dug out on the regular. Well, as long as she don't have to get up early for work, :lol:

Is that a photoshop? She really got an office tramp necklace on? :lol:

I actually think Gucci is lying btw tho

I think Yee might be a slight undercover thot but I think she mainly lives vicariously through all the ****** she hangs with. If you ever listened to her podcast Lip Service she really doesn't sound like she's about that life at all. She sounds like a prude and a cornball compared to the unadulterated thots she hangs with :lol:

Hell yeah he lying, didn't he do that a few years ago about Nikii Minaj?

I listened to it and I say the same exact ****. Yee, sounds sooooo corny when she tells her stories. At first I thought she was holding back b/c of who she was, but when she tell her stories them joints are wack as hell :smh:. I don't know if she straight up fronting and holding back, but it seems like she is dead regular in bedroom. All she need/wants is dude to eat the box, and slide in. Nothing about getting it cracked, no back breaking moves, nothing special. Dead Regular :lol:.

Man that ***** stuck her tongue in a man's ***, she's nasty. She be holding back like a mfer tho. Always disguising her embarrassing moments as a "friends". This ***** got alotttttttttttt of "friends". "Yea my friend said she likes when dudes cum on her face, she rubs it in its good for your skin, how y'all feel about that?[emoji]128064[/emoji]"

Who hasn't tried something here and there. The difference between most people and her is they still handle biz even if they don't particularly like doing it. She seems like if she doesn't like it the first try, then it will never happen for real.

Yee definitely has a lot of friends. Just look at the top 3 in her crew [Steph Santiago, Gigi the stripper, and Loreal]. Between those three chicks, Yee can get mad stories from them. One time she told a story and about a "friend" and I know I heard one of them chicks mention it before. I really think Yee just lives through them, she aint bout that life.

I'm convinced that Yee is a freak jawn, but an akward freak jawn. She be the type to try and dance sexy for you but have 0 moves.

Bless your heart

He turned down the XXL list and Vanessa (one of the editors i guess) went on TBC and said his reasoning was he was looking to go in a more "pop" direction

shortly after he left 300 for republic and hopped on tour with Justin Bieber

we have no power to "let" him be a pop star lol

i could see if he was rapping about serving and kick doors but he's literally a country indie rock artists with trap drums :lol:

Last edited:
HE Caught a wave off hiphop culture & "hiphop" publications plastering his **** all throughout their blogs & social media. Caught steam got his numbers up and now he's on tour with Justin Bieber.... So yeah we "let" that happen. Nobody gives him the pass & he's a white boy makin indie rock in booty shorts.. Spends some time in the lab with young hiphop producers, & now he's a lean sippin, cornrow wearing country pop star with Trap beats.

Everyone can get a check in hiphop and it's okay, but no other genre wants us eating off their plate.

Wow. Had no idea of this. Sheeshhhhh

Love his melodies though and I liked his album but damn

As Hip-Hop becomes more and more synonymous with Pop music, artists such as Post Malone will become more prevalent.

Post Malone, Uzi, these guys are straight up pop acts

As Hip-Hop becomes more and more synonymous with Pop music, artists such as Post Malone will become more prevalent.

Post Malone, Uzi, these guys are straight up pop acts

i feel like if they just said that from the jump, this whole mumble rapper debate would be nonexistent

i think the older you are the more serious you take the word "rapper"

but this ties into the debate of blacks not being able to go into other genres because are people willing to let go of that mumble rap criticism of Yachty and Uzi and co. if they just come out and said we're pop acts?

Uzi been said he was a rockstar. People view that as an excuse to not rap but the idea of blacks not being able to flourish in other genres works both ways [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
Man I was so impressed with Post's music too.

His melodies and music as a whole is really good to me from a technical standpoint.

Had no idea he was completely engineered like that.

i feel like if they just said that from the jump, this whole mumble rapper debate would be nonexistent

i think the older you are the more serious you take the word "rapper"

but this ties into the debate of blacks not being able to go into other genres because are people willing to let go of that mumble rap criticism of Yachty and Uzi and co. if they just come out and said we're pop acts.

Uzi been said he was a rockstar. People view that as an excuse to not rap but the idea of blacks not being able to flourish in other genres works both ways [emoji]128064[/emoji]

This is all true.

Like how critical would Hip-Hop heads be of Uzi, and yachti and Post if they looked at them for what they are, pop acts.

It's like if you're black or portray a certain image you have to be a rapper.

But then again, that's what music has always been. The image is just as important as the music and its kind of a brilliant move. Sell the Hip-Hop image (because it's easily the most popular genre) and have the artist make pop music with a hint of rap sensibility and wallah, [emoji]128181[/emoji][emoji]128181[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom