***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Dude really don't know what the hell he talkin bout. :lol:

Just say Premo's beats ain't YOUR taste and YOUR lil group of friends. When start saying **** like "Nobody wants to hear that in 2016" and "It's easy to make" you sound just as dumb as Uzi. That's like saying "Nobody wants to listen to Pac or Biggie in 2016". It sounds ******ed.

You right

Different strokes for different folks

Like I said I respect his contributions though

Ebro really set him up with that & then was lowkey going in on him with "its cause you not built like that" :lol:
Nope Ebro twisted it to put him in a negative light, after they was arguing about drug usage u could tell Ebro wasn't rocking wit uzi

Sound like all buddy said he don't rock with his beats and they don't fit his vibe.

Last edited:
Bruh said nothing about age he just didn't like those beats

In 1996 those beats were hot but in 2016 you can make any Preemo beat in 5-10 minutes in any DAW.

There are definitely a lot of Premo clones

You just don't hear about them because nobody tryna hear that **** lol.

I can throw any 70's sample into Fruity Slicer in FL Studio right now, put it on auto slice, press around with it, throw a drum loop on it and I got a Preemo beat. Gross Beat for the scratches.

10 minutes.

There are also 5-10 minute Lex and co. clones too.

Timbo and Pharrell beats still hard to this day. Like I said he's a legend for what he contributed but as far as how the beats hold up today he don't belong with Pharrell and Timb.

It's nothing wrong with that, the same way nobody trying to listen to rap from the 70's but we respect that they pioneered.

These comments are laughable

For one it amazes me how people talk about Pharrell as if he was a one man team. As if Chad wasn't the one actually doing most of the beat making.

Timb and Pharrell are different than Premier.

Rap fans make me ashamed.

Bout to take my talents to bluegrass

Rap fans make me sick

Dumb *** dudes with complexes about rappers getting older and more wise/knowledgable

**** is corny.

Last edited:
Bout to take my talents to bluegrass

Rap fans make me sick

Dumb *** dudes with complexes about rappers getting older and more wise/knowledgable

**** is corny.
uzi def rubbed me the wrong way , pause , with his faces and attitude in that interview 

I've also noticed , when these younger guys actually do hope on a 90s beat , its super hard for them to catch it .  they had someone at hot try to freestyle over outkast 's the art of story telling and he was all over the place , but to me it just emphasized the complexity of what rappers were doing before and how serious they took the music . 

i don't really believe uzi's character anyway . i also don't buy the "well I'm young" thing either . when i was in my late teens/early 20s i was well versed and got excited about finding older music . i didn't grow up on premo so i didn't necessarily "get it" either , but ill be damned if i wasn't amazed when i came across royalty ft. jodeci . i watched his all my chains video after the interview to at least give it a shot and I'm not buying this emo rock kid with the sleeves over his hands and stupid hair look and then tryna be on some street _ in ur music and videos . like i understand these kids want a wave , but at least make your wave cohesive and believable . he comes off as a clown to me . "ima rock star" lol no ur not b . . . 

:pimp:

Waiting on new episodes like Corey waiting on the buffet to open :lol:

Show be having me rolling at work

I'm so late to the party on 5150. I spent all week checking dude out and have been dying at work. Glad that I have so many episodes to listen to in the back catalog.

Dudes keep it ALL the way live from roasting each other to the from the heart commentary. And found the show after watching his stand-up special on Hulu. Haven't been in this thread in a while, but glad other people know about it.

:nthat:

Last edited:
I'm so late to the party on 5150. I spent all week checking dude out and have been dying at work. Glad that I have so many episodes to listen to in the back catalog.

Dudes keep it ALL the way live from roasting each other to the from the heart commentary. And found the show after watching his stand-up special on Hulu. Haven't been in this thread in a while, but glad other people know about it.

nthat.gif
Where can you download old eps ?

:pimp:

Waiting on new episodes like Corey waiting on the buffet to open :lol:

Show be having me rolling at work

:nthat:
Is there a podcast on iTunesof the show??? :nerd:

Last edited:
These comments are laughable

For one it amazes me how people talk about Pharrell as if he was a one man team. As if Chad wasn't the one actually doing most of the beat making.

Timb and Pharrell are different than Premier.

Rap fans make me ashamed.

Pharrell would lay down the sketch of the beat and Chad would iron out the intricacies and sharpen it up.

Both equally important.

We say "Pharrell" because he's the more recognizable figure but I think we are all aware we're talking about the Neptunes.

Just like people don't go out of their way to include Missy, Static, Danja or J-Roc when referring to Timbo at any given time...

I've also noticed , when these younger guys actually do hope on a 90s beat , its super hard for them to catch it .  they had someone at hot try to freestyle over outkast 's the art of story telling and he was all over the place , but to me it just emphasized the complexity of what rappers were doing before and how serious they took the music . 

Sitting with a beat for a few minutes and catching the feel of it>>>> trying to spit off the dome/flow a memorized verse over a spontaneous beat

Sitting with a beat for a few minutes and catching the feel of it>>>> trying to spit off the dome/flow a memorized verse over a spontaneous beat
totally understand that , but why doesn't it take them as long over a trap beat ?

totally understand that , but why doesn't it take them as long over a trap beat ?

Familiar sounds and themes

Don't even kno who you referring to but Young Scooter is the only guy I legitimately think does whole verses off the dome, all these other rappers put their engineer to work

First time i heard a tm88 track I was lost. If I was rapping to that joint I would've had to let it ride for 30 seconds or so. Now if I hear one I know exactly where he going

Wow @ Neal Brennan on TBC.

They just dropped the last episode of The Champs.:frown:

damn i gotta check it out. thought they were just taking a break working on other projects.

Had no clue Neal looked like that.

I just bought that sweatshirt Charlemagne has on last week.

Last edited:
Like the story about Chris Rock shidding on Envy.

Appreciate Neal Brennan saying Kevin Hart's movies are garbage. Someone needs to say it.

He seemed like he didn't even want to acknowledge Angela's wack ***. I dig it. Didn't even want to look at her.

Still not sure on how to feel about Neal from the whole Dave Chappelle situation. 

Does he address anything from that in the video? 

WTH :lol: who just says random things like this

not really random. dude literally would not look at her and even turned to chatty at some points while answering something yee asked.
only point her really acknowledged her was when they were talking about who had kids, if she wanted any, and that she had a job.

Back
Top Bottom