***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

That's a lie .
Fab is a one trick pony , is his wordplay A1 ? Yes ... but that and a few punchlines is all he ever been good for .
His 15+ rap career really boils down to a few really nice singles and 3 good mixtapes where he spits punchlines over other people's beats .
Ding ding ding

Wayne has NO CONTENT AT ALL. Guy can't stay on a single topic and his music has zero substance. He's not saying ****. I'm also not interested in hearing a rapper that's 5'5" talk about catching bodies and beating people up when the fool shot himself twice. Wayne was my least favorite back in 97-00 when Cash Money was on their run and he's still my least favorite. He could never and will never be able to rap on Fab's level.

Fabs problem is he came out in a era when albums were everything. Mixtapes were the warm-up but if your album wasn't good people kinda wrote you off. None of his albums are good from top to bottom. Then he dropped the TINC tapes which were great and the Soul Tape series which is his best projects to me but by that time it was to late, people already wrote him off as just another NY rapper that's good but can't make great songs. If he was 25 and dropped the Soul Tapes he would be looked at as NY's savior. I remember that time between 04-07 people were waiting from him, Juelz, Banks, Kiss to take that next step but they never did.

Last edited:
Wayne's music hasn't aged particular well , atleast for me but that could be from the over saturated market of artist that used his style as a blueprint and improved upon it .

I think 02-07 was the worst 5 year run for beats in rap .

Last edited:
Loso's way was very good.
I actually like that lane fab took around that era . He stayed new york but it didn't feel too corny like he was pushed out of the mainstream or forced to cater to the tri state area . Good timing on his part to because the look and sound of rap really changed around 2010-2011 and ALOT of rappers that came around during Fab's era got left behind ..good awareness on his part .

Last edited:
Only Fab album I ever liked was Loso's Way. That **** was hard as ****. His debut was solid but had some wack joints on it.

i have never for once thought that Fab was a underrated rapper, I seem to think of him as more overrated tbh. People always claiming he is one of the best in the game but his work doesn't prove that.

He ain't better than Lloyd Banks or even Juelz (prime). Dudes need to kill that Fab hype.

Agree about Banks, but Juelz, no...no...no...no :lol:

I think 02-07 was the worst 5 year run for beats in rap .

I'd say 06-10 was loaded with crappy music in general :lol:, and it directly correlates with the most popular mediocre rapper hi-jacking the radio during that time

Last edited:
But Dipset was running 02-07
might have to adjust it to 2005-2009

I remember everyone here loved the Crunk muzik beat :lol:

And I hate to say it but outside of few songs and the stuff the heat makers made the diplomats music ain't age all that well either . Alot of the mixtape songs was extra trash audio quality too .

When I think of when I liked fab the most, this is the track that pops in my head.

He's like the OG big sean. They both just have really witty punch lines.

He's like the OG big sean. They both just have really witty punch lines.
1355.gif

Yeah, def do. I just liked that they talked about clear points for the whole interview, and neither of them were playing around with each other. One thing is, the people that truly need to watch this are never going to see it, and there really needs to be a solution for poverty gang affiliated killings. 

Imagine how strong the black culture could be if we stopped killing each other, stop glorifying products that don't retain any value, took over business in our community so we could retain our dollar and invest it into our community so more blacks could strive and live amazing lives in this country, instead of us giving our money to every other culture but ours, and lifting everyone else up while dismantling ourselves. Plus extra income and power of our dollar could translate into political freedoms that would combat racist institutionalized systems like prison systems stop and frisks, implicit bias corrections to governmental policy etc. Sometimes I feel like this country has our communities beaten down so bad that people couldn't even see the light even if they wanted to. When did the natives realize they were turning into an inevitably destructive path that already set its course for way to long. Not saying that we aren't progressing, but its taking way to long, and the oppression is still strong, and should have to power to do what it does to our people. 

White people make us make those decisions.

Those artists cant rhyme or spit any content like Fab does. If you want to say he doesn't make great radio or club music like them, that's fine. But lyrically, they're not even close. That's why Fab is underrated, he doesn't get his dues. Partially his fault when he attempts his radio singles and club BS.
Fab isn't touching prime Wayne lyrically and I don't even like Wayne much.

Prime Wayne's lyrical ability is underrated. I see so many people write him off as a garbage rapper when in fact he's far from it. In his prime anyway.

Last edited:
Wayne's delivery is what made him. He had some slick lines here and there but for the most part he said a whole lot of nothing. The way he said it is what made him stand out.

Wayne's delivery is what made him. He had some slick lines here and there but for the most part he said a whole lot of nothing. The way he said it is what made him stand out.
It's a bit of both. His delivery and confidence on the mic made his lines seem a lot better than what they were.

Regardless his lines were actually clever and witty back then. I like Fabolous a lot more than Wayne but I don't think he's touching prime Wayne lyrically.

Last edited:

Nah man, dude was actually rappin rappin. Subject matter is subjective. What Wayne lacked for in "depth"....he made up for in lyrical ability. Like technical rapping. I don't recognize the man after '07. Dead to me.

Wayne had a better renegade verse than Jay-Z and Eminmen :lol: :pimp:.

Wayne from 01-07 is arguably top 5-top 10 all time. Legend.

Nah man, dude was actually rappin rappin. Subject matter is subjective. What Wayne lacked for in "depth"....he made up for in lyrical ability. Like technical rapping. I don't recognize the man after '07. Dead to me.

Wayne had a better renegade verse than Jay-Z and Eminmen
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Wayne from 01-07 is arguably top 5-top 10 all time. Legend.
It was over when he became Lil Tunechi. 
mean.gif

There's the prime Wayne, arguably one of the greatest rappers of all time and then there's Tunechi, absolute trash.

Wayne a top 10 of all time, better verses than Jay and Eminem on Renegade and prime Wayne actually spitting content. Yeah, I'll excuse myself from this conversation. Can't take either of you two seriously.

"Prime" Wa_n_ was very good at aimlessly rapping about nothing over good beats. At his best he was Kevin Martin scoring an inefficient 35 in losing efforts. And now in 2015, he's Kobe before his little mini hot streak, desperately chucking bricks and looking washed.

Back
Top Bottom