***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Your all talking about trash artist with the exception of Lil Wayne in his past life,what's exctally to argue.

These artist will be forgotten for their impact just like the 2000 era artist that moved way more trash albums.. Lol

Your all talking about trash artist with the exception of Lil Wayne in his past life,what's exctally to argue.

These artist will be forgotten for their impact just like the 2000 era artist that moved way more trash albums.. Lol

While I wont go that far...i do have to say that there is very little timeless music being made right now. For some reason, I can't see myself bumping DS2 5-10 years from now.

All mentioned have one thing in common. They can't rap for ****. :lol:

Let the beat not be hot and see how hard the song goes :rofl:
Nobody is making memorable music with subpar production.

Nas' best album was majority produced by Large Pro, Pete Rock, & Premo.

Jay's best albums & songs featured production from Ye, Pharrell, Premo, Just Blaze, and other legends.

RZA did incredible work with the Wu.

This is MUSIC. The **** has to be sonically pleasing no matter how lyrical you are.

There's really no timeless music being made right now. Jay z album lasted very bit of 2 weeks. 5 years from now I probably won't be listening to anything from 12-15 except gkmc and Rich forever. Only personal classics I can think of unless I'm forgetting something, that have stood the test of time so far.

Tale away tho 40 beats and boI-1da beats and let's see how many hits drake has. People always say this artist isn't good without their beats but what artist isn't? When's the last time we praised a terribly produced project.

Tale away tho 40 beats and boI-1da beats and let's see how many hits drake has. People always say this artist isn't good without their beats but what artist isn't? When's the last time we praised a terribly produced project.
You really have a vendetta against Drake though. Everywhere I go in the music section you're ranting about drake. It's amazing. 
laugh.gif

It's hilarious to me how people will d-ride Kanye's production teams and production on songs and albums while overlooking his terrible tapping b/c he's a "genius", "pushing the genre forward" etc etc etc...

But at the same time, will call an artist like Future trash and say the only reason people like the songs are "because of the beats" :lol:.

The irony

It's hilarious to me how people will d-ride Kanye's production teams and production on songs and albums while overlooking his terrible tapping b/c he's a "genius", "pushing the genre forward" etc etc etc...

But at the same time, will call an artist like Future trash and say the only reason people like the songs are "because of the beats"
laugh.gif

The irony
Kanye doesn't produce **** and hasn't in a very long time. He doesn't write his raps either. But he's a "Genius" 
laugh.gif

This is MUSIC. The **** has to be sonically pleasing no matter how lyrical you are.

Facts all around.

The producer is the alchemist. The music is literally what releases dopamine in your brain. A great beat is great beat with or without lyrics.

But at the same time, will call an artist like Future trash and say the only reason people like the songs are "because of the beats" :lol:.

The irony

I agree with the first point. But intially, Kanye was a decent lyricist, from 2002, to about 2011 or 2012. Sort of like how Young Jeezy developed, from TM101 up until present day. I'm a Kanye fan and he has fallen off drastically, as a lyricist. I don't even like the beats either. Just overall bad lyrics, awful beats. The song structures just do not flow. I like some of the themes he uses but, the execution just wanes. I can't stomach any of his new work.

shoeking2102 shoeking2102 because I'm talking to his #1 fan Mr waves. He talks about all these other artist are trash and they only have good production but what if his favorite rapper didn't have good production? People pick n choose when to use that argument.

Kanye doesn't produce **** and hasn't in a very long time. He doesn't write his raps either. But he's a "Genius" :lol:

Rap fans get this confused often. A producer isn't necessarily the beat maker. He's basically the conductor. He's arranging every single last component that goes into the song. Just like how a movie director isn't actually holding a camera or editing film...but he's the overseer of those things.

So yes...it does take a serious genius level to be revered as a producer. If Kanye isn't a genius...dr dre isn't either.

Last edited:
Naw. When people say Kanye is a "genius", they are talking about his song making ability and all the other **** he does

While early Kanye could be considered that...he's lost his way tremendously and tries to out weird his last efforts in a desperate attempt at looking artsy and forward. He talked himself into being regarded as a "genius" etc etc.

When he came in the game and naturally pushed the genre forward, it worked....now he's on some pseudo-artsy, I'm smarter and more cultured than you bs....and it ain't working.

Last edited:
Naw. When people say Kanye is a "genius", they are talking about his song making ability and all the other **** he does

While early Kanye could be considered that...he's lost his way tremendously and tries to out weird his last efforts in a desperate attempt at looking artsy and forward. He talked himself into being regarded as a "genius" etc etc.

When he came in the game and naturally pushed the genre forward, it worked....now he's on some pseudo-artsy, I'm smarter and more cultured than you bs....and it ain't working.

Well...that wouldn't make Kanye any different from anyone that's ever been considered a creative genius. Everyone from John Lennon to Jimi Hendrix reached a polarizing point in their careers in which they alienated early fan bases while getting lost in their "genius". There's a mental component there that's present in all artists. Not just musicians. If you've ever seen Dewey cox, the last part of the film parodies this same exact concept.

My point is, once you've ascended to the level Kanye has...you're forever a legend. He's made TIMELESS music. Regardless of what you and I may believe about his present status, his creative genius has been cemented in various bodies of work that will live forever. 20 years from now, Kanye will likely be able to tour off of his earlier catalog...and he's one of the few rappers today that can say that.

Like...nobody would say John Lennon isn't a genius because of the Yoko Ono phase. Because all of the earlier material still exists with its legacy set in stone.

Last edited:
Kamye a he ius just for making these dummies pay 2k for a used pair of his sneakers. He puts on a shirt right now it will sell out smh.

Did Pete talk about breaking Guy Code? Didn't know he was that young and made it to SNL that's dope

I haven't heard the above interview yet, but he spoke about that on Brilliant Idiots. According to him, he and dude weren't even friends. At the most just coworkers/acquaintances.

Neither Cthagod or Shultz pulled his card so maybe he was speaking the truth.

Last edited:

While I wont go that far...i do have to say that there is very little timeless music being made right now. For some reason, I can't see myself bumping DS2 5-10 years from now.

Agree on both parts, but this isn't 1997 or 2002, where you can have one hit and literally never be heard from again. The massive increase in social media usage has given guys people may consider subpar or outright garbage lifelines, extending their careers far past their expiration date. Soulja Boy and YouTube started that in 2005, then exploded in 2009 with the rise of twitter all the way up til what you see today. People may not like it, but some of the artists you [we] detest very well may still be here come 2020 :lol:

Out of all the music I've listened to, there's seriously only 3 people u can listen to over crappy/mediocre beats --- Common, Nas, and Payroll.

Last edited:
Pac is probably the only rapper I can listen to and not even care about the beats.

And Kanye is genius. Yeezus was trash but his work from 2001 to 2010 has cemented him. Just like Dre, whether he wrote or produced everything really doesn't matter. His ability to put e everything together makes him a genius.

Totally agree about social media extending artists lifelines.

Take someone like French Montana for example. If this was the early 2000's....he'd be on a milk cartoon. But thru affiliations, and social media presence...he's still relevant. When was the last hit song he put out? One or two hits these days extends your lifeline way more than it did 10 years ago...which is ironic b/c of the rate people consume information and attention spans :lol:

Back
Top Bottom