OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

I don't think that was a clean hit at all DJ's. Torres blatantly ignored the puck and went straight for his head on a blow. That's not playoff hockey. And he's a repeat offender.

Torres did not go for the head, watch the play without any bias and you'll see that it was a big hit, but he didn't leave his feet, he didn't get his elbow up, he went in for the hit Seabeook didn't look up after finding the puck and so = big hit. All that might be a 2min charging penalty.

Torres did not go for the head, watch the play without any bias and you'll see that it was a big hit, but he didn't leave his feet, he didn't get his elbow up, he went in for the hit Seabeook didn't look up after finding the puck and so = big hit. All that might be a 2min charging penalty.

I don't have any bias towards the Canucks or Torres.

From what I recall seeing live and on the replay was Seabrook getting some control of the puck (with his head down which is obviously his own fault), Torres come in leading with the shoulder which I remember hitting him in the head and not even making a play for the puck.

I don't have any bias towards the Canucks or Torres.

From what I recall seeing live and on the replay was Seabrook getting some control of the puck (with his head down which is obviously his own fault), Torres come in leading with the shoulder which I remember hitting him in the head and not even making a play for the puck.

Leighton dressed for tonight
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Oh and Wilbon should refrain from speaking on hockey. Period.

Were you watching The Sport Reporters as well? I saw his parting shot and couldn't help but laugh.

Were you watching The Sport Reporters as well? I saw his parting shot and couldn't help but laugh.

Originally Posted by kash55

That's my take on it as well.  It wasn't a blindside hit or anything along those lines.  I still say Seabrook didn't do himself any favors by not keeping his head up. 

League announced that there is no suspension on Torres. 

That's my take on it as well.  It wasn't a blindside hit or anything along those lines.  I still say Seabrook didn't do himself any favors by not keeping his head up. 

Agreed.
Really enjoy he and Tony on PTI, but both of them need to watch a few more games before weighing in on anything.

Agreed.
Really enjoy he and Tony on PTI, but both of them need to watch a few more games before weighing in on anything.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Pretty much. He missed the puck and was caught still looking at it behind his own net. As a D-man, you expect someone coming in on the blindside. Once that puck passed, he should have raised his hands to protect his head for the upcoming hit. The problem is, he was not expecting someone on the blindside when he should have.

This is a great example for the NHL to decide where to draw the line. Seabrook's body was square on to Torres. However, he was looking away. Torres went for the body, and got Seabrooks upper shoulder/arm area. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a whiplash from that hit. The subsequent Torres body check (which was a light hit) on Seabrook shook him up even more and he went straight to the bench after.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Pretty much. He missed the puck and was caught still looking at it behind his own net. As a D-man, you expect someone coming in on the blindside. Once that puck passed, he should have raised his hands to protect his head for the upcoming hit. The problem is, he was not expecting someone on the blindside when he should have.

This is a great example for the NHL to decide where to draw the line. Seabrook's body was square on to Torres. However, he was looking away. Torres went for the body, and got Seabrooks upper shoulder/arm area. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a whiplash from that hit. The subsequent Torres body check (which was a light hit) on Seabrook shook him up even more and he went straight to the bench after.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

30t6p3b.gif

Bob has looked terrible though, I don't agree with scratching him but it is what it is at this point 

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

30t6p3b.gif

Bob has looked terrible though, I don't agree with scratching him but it is what it is at this point 

Clean hit by Torres for sure, the only thing is he made absolutely no play on the puck and it was definitely premeditated that he was going to hit Seabs. With that said, Seabrook knows damn well when you're waiting for the puck to catch up to YOU behind the net, you ALWAYS look ahead to see who's coming at you from in front. No elbow, and to be honest not much of a charge either.

Clean hit by Torres for sure, the only thing is he made absolutely no play on the puck and it was definitely premeditated that he was going to hit Seabs. With that said, Seabrook knows damn well when you're waiting for the puck to catch up to YOU behind the net, you ALWAYS look ahead to see who's coming at you from in front. No elbow, and to be honest not much of a charge either.

Back
Top Bottom