OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Premature celebrating has been known to come back and blow up in one's face.

And over-confidence in an awful team tends to make one look foolish.

An awful team? Now you're just talking out of your *$$
laugh.gif

Awful is exaggerating, yes. However, you're playing two lines. The entire game. If you think Chicago can keep that up the entire series, you're delusional.
They have no depth, which was their greatest strength last year. Their third and fourth lines KILLED Vancouver last year.

Awful is exaggerating, yes. However, you're playing two lines. The entire game. If you think Chicago can keep that up the entire series, you're delusional.
They have no depth, which was their greatest strength last year. Their third and fourth lines KILLED Vancouver last year.
Any fan of a team that is an under dog can be called delusional, but lets be realistic, games aren't played on paper. Nobody had Montreal beating Washington or Pittsburgh last year. These games must be played and anything can happen. As far as the depth comment, you sound like a broken record already. Anyone who watched hockey knows this already, Chicago isn't the team they were last year. We also weren't the team in 09 that we were last year and we still beat you guys. Remember, taking Game 1 is what you guys do against us...lets wait and see how it plays out.

Any fan of a team that is an under dog can be called delusional, but lets be realistic, games aren't played on paper. Nobody had Montreal beating Washington or Pittsburgh last year. These games must be played and anything can happen. As far as the depth comment, you sound like a broken record already. Anyone who watched hockey knows this already, Chicago isn't the team they were last year. We also weren't the team in 09 that we were last year and we still beat you guys. Remember, taking Game 1 is what you guys do against us...lets wait and see how it plays out.

truth. if chi town are to have a chance IMO... Kane has to play the game not only when the pucks on the end of his stick... hossa as well, and what happened to Hossa being one of the best two way players in the game as well as one of the fastest... hes either knicked up or extremely lazy which n the playoffs is well... inexcusable

truth. if chi town are to have a chance IMO... Kane has to play the game not only when the pucks on the end of his stick... hossa as well, and what happened to Hossa being one of the best two way players in the game as well as one of the fastest... hes either knicked up or extremely lazy which n the playoffs is well... inexcusable

Luongo just played out of his mind last night

sharp had a few good chances...and considering how the hawks played in the 1st 2-0 was impressive. Not too worried yet.

Luongo just played out of his mind last night

sharp had a few good chances...and considering how the hawks played in the 1st 2-0 was impressive. Not too worried yet.

I am just telling you what I saw in this game. 
I am just shocked that Quenville isn't going through all four lines, I don't know how you can go through a series like that.

As for the broken record comment, what am I supposed to say? Its a glaring deficiency and the only way Chicago can overcome it is having Sharp, Toews, Kane, Ballard, and Hossa play extraordinarily well to make up for it. You bring up '09 and last year like Vancouver is the same team it was those past 2 years. Chicago isn't the only team capable of improving.

I agree with the on paper comment. The NHL is so wide open when it comes to the playoffs. As opposed to the NBA, where you have some fairly safe bets, you really don't have them here.

I will say, I have been listening to alot of American-based podcasts in the past month or so and hearing them you'd think Chicago was the favorite going in. Crazy to hear the difference in media between our countries.

I am just telling you what I saw in this game. 
I am just shocked that Quenville isn't going through all four lines, I don't know how you can go through a series like that.

As for the broken record comment, what am I supposed to say? Its a glaring deficiency and the only way Chicago can overcome it is having Sharp, Toews, Kane, Ballard, and Hossa play extraordinarily well to make up for it. You bring up '09 and last year like Vancouver is the same team it was those past 2 years. Chicago isn't the only team capable of improving.

I agree with the on paper comment. The NHL is so wide open when it comes to the playoffs. As opposed to the NBA, where you have some fairly safe bets, you really don't have them here.

I will say, I have been listening to alot of American-based podcasts in the past month or so and hearing them you'd think Chicago was the favorite going in. Crazy to hear the difference in media between our countries.

One of the more outlandish things I heard was just a couple days ago on the BS Report. Greg Wishynski (sp?) guaranteed a team would be in QC before Winnipeg, and that Winnipeg would have a hard time attracting players to play there... 
laugh.gif

You understand how many players in the NHL are from Manitoba/Saskatchewan? 
laugh.gif
 Even Western Ontario.

But for the most part I enjoy them, just for the simple fact I get tired of hearing about what the Leafs are doing every 15 minutes. 
grin.gif

One of the more outlandish things I heard was just a couple days ago on the BS Report. Greg Wishynski (sp?) guaranteed a team would be in QC before Winnipeg, and that Winnipeg would have a hard time attracting players to play there... 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Even Western Ontario.

But for the most part I enjoy them, just for the simple fact I get tired of hearing about what the Leafs are doing every 15 minutes. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I don't understand it either man, Carcillo must have pics someone high up but give him some credit he played well in last year's playoffs especially round 1 but that being said I still think he sucks but no question he is a better defense forward if he avoids dumb penalties 
it was pretty obvs. to me though that Pronger wasn't going to play
I don't think he's great at defense. He's great at agitating but it's playoffs, no one is going to fight (unless they are getting killed) or respond. he's worthless imo. Plus Carcillo/Nodl-Richards-Versteeg line hasnt been that great.

I still remember that fight he had against the pens which seemed to turn the game around (3-0 to losing 3-5)
tired.gif

now to tell you the truth im kind of worried
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I don't understand it either man, Carcillo must have pics someone high up but give him some credit he played well in last year's playoffs especially round 1 but that being said I still think he sucks but no question he is a better defense forward if he avoids dumb penalties 
it was pretty obvs. to me though that Pronger wasn't going to play
I don't think he's great at defense. He's great at agitating but it's playoffs, no one is going to fight (unless they are getting killed) or respond. he's worthless imo. Plus Carcillo/Nodl-Richards-Versteeg line hasnt been that great.

I still remember that fight he had against the pens which seemed to turn the game around (3-0 to losing 3-5)
tired.gif

now to tell you the truth im kind of worried
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Even Western Ontario.

grin.gif
I think Puck Daddy was basing that off of Eric Belanger's statement:
“The guys have been talking about it a bit more every day, and the one sure thing is that we want to play in Phoenix and not in Winnipeg,

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Even Western Ontario.

grin.gif
I think Puck Daddy was basing that off of Eric Belanger's statement:
“The guys have been talking about it a bit more every day, and the one sure thing is that we want to play in Phoenix and not in Winnipeg,

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I can't even tell you how excited I am today for the Bruins vs. Habs game.
yessirrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee bobby jimmy

lets goooooooooooooooooo
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I can't even tell you how excited I am today for the Bruins vs. Habs game.
yessirrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee bobby jimmy

lets goooooooooooooooooo
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom