...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

blackberry-plutot-rumor.jpg

Blackberry Pluto/Magnum
nerd.gif
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C
NEEDED TO BE SCHOOLED...
The OS is the operating system, which is basically the underlying software controlling the operations of the hardware (like Windows for a PC). I have a Storm, and have relatively few problems. The phone crashes occasionally and is a little laggy, but otherwise works flawlessly.

Firstly, make sure you have 4.7.0.75 (Go to Options, About). I believe this is the latest official upgrade. There are newer versions that leaked; many are faster, but none are as stable as the official OS. Since you seem to be an inexperienced user, I'd opt for the stability. If you have 4.7.0.75, try to delete any unnecessary apps, for these slow down the OS. To do this either connect your BlackBerry to Desktop Manger (on your PC), or go to Options > Advaced Options > Applications. Find the App and press the Blackberry button, the press delete. Get rid of Visual Voicemail, and the VZW Navigator if you don't use it. You want to have copious amounts (35-45 MB) of Application Memory, because this determines how fast your phone operates.

Also, try to limit the number of shortcuts you have on your home screen. Hide what you don't need, or move them to folders. This seems to increase the responsiveness of the phone.

You can use any MP3 file for ringtones. You simply connect your BlackBerry to the computer via the USB cord, and drop the file you want in the ringtones folder. You can use a program called audacity to cut out the part you want.

Also, while typing be careful not to swipe your finger down the entire keyboard. This cues the keyboard to close. It can be annoying until you get the hang of it. I'm not sure, but this may be why your keyboard keeps disappearing.

OK ATL..I DELETED THE THINGS YOU SAID ALSO I REARRANGED MY FOLDERS NOW I HAVE LESS LET'S SEE IF THAT WORKS IF NOT....OUT THE WINDOW IT GOES...I HAD ENUFFOF THE FREEZING AND THE CAMERA POPPIN OUT FOR NO REASON...LOLOL

HERE IS MY PIN 3054179B

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Just got my 8900 and this thing feels TINYY.
Word..but once I cop a skin for it it'll feel fine.

UPS man dropped my 8900 off this afternoon, I've configured it and added on most of the apps I need (slacker mobile radio
smokin.gif
) All I have to do is cop the 16 GB memory card and a new skin.

Its sexy as hell, btw.
pimp.gif

Just got my 8900, too. It feels much smaller when I put it in my pocket compared to my 8800. The camera is
eek.gif
, too. I don't miss my Iphone at allanymore... especially since it's gathering dust in my room.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Just got my 8900 and this thing feels TINYY.
Word..but once I cop a skin for it it'll feel fine.

UPS man dropped my 8900 off this afternoon, I've configured it and added on most of the apps I need (slacker mobile radio
smokin.gif
) All I have to do is cop the 16 GB memory card and a new skin.

Its sexy as hell, btw.
pimp.gif
Mine also came in today. The keyboard is a lot better than the 8320...

What skins are you guys looking at? I want one that won't collect dust. I saw these on crackberry, and the reviews we're pretty good...

1.jpg

I think I'm going to switch to AT&T when my Verizon contract expires. How much do you think the Bold will be in April?

I'm going with the Zagg Invisible Shield. Can't go wrong for military grade protection.

I'm assuming blackberry's can be complicated to use if I never owned 1 before.lol. Is that 8900 a touchscreen to?

I have an unlocked iPhone with T-Zones, prior to that I had a Treo with Sprint SERO. Therefore I've been spoiled by dirt cheap data plans so I can'treally justify the BB data prices on any carrier. The keyboard isn't a big issue for me since my typing speed on the iPhone is no different than when I hada Treo. My biggest gripe with the iPhone is if I break/lose it, that's both my phone and iPod. Maybe if I had a company issued one LOL...

Anyone here gonna change the bezel on their 8900? I thought about it, but I'm not feeling the shiny black joint--I need a flat, matte black. Plus, Idon't dare risk losing the function of the lock and mute keys, which has happened to some folks when they swapped it out.

I did grab the OEM black battery door though--looks cleaner than the TMO titanium to me.

Is the bezel the back part of ther phone?

And where are you guys getin the track balls from?

One more thing
Can you guys only reply on your bb brower on niketake as a "quick reply"?
Because when I try to make a post on my phone I can only put in the title I can write in the box.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Figured I'd update after 15 tries - I finally got a Tmo rep to sell me the damned 8900.

Exactly how is a touch screen phone childish?

its gimmicky and adds no improved functionality to the phone therefore is childish and im quite grown. finally got the bold coming in, the curve 8900 is nicebut i refuse to cop anything that doesnt have 3G, waste of money in imo to buy already outdated technology. if the att one packs 3G i might hop into the curvetank, doubt it though. im so over the clickyness of curve keyboards. everyone in the room can hear you.

cnn.cn for trackballs

and late80s imo that very biased thinking, some of the most efficient and professional phones are PDAs (such as o2) with touchscreen capabilities

I need help with my blackberry. I just got the curve a week ago and its buggin out already. I think it might be "nuked", as in it turns off randomlyand has the flashing red light with the time glass loading over and over again. How do i fix this?

Got a storm,what yall use for screen protection/cleaning/restoration? got a few scratches on the screen from putting it in my pocket.

Did u take the screen protector off??

My screens the only thing without scratches.

My storms been running great lately, the last update was good.

Im prob going to pay $50 n send my phone back in a couple months bc I dropped it and scratched the chrome all up.

I had 1 of those snap on cases, the phone hit the floor and it was like an explosion.

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Figured I'd update after 15 tries - I finally got a Tmo rep to sell me the damned 8900.

Exactly how is a touch screen phone childish?

its gimmicky and adds no improved functionality to the phone therefore is childish and im quite grown. finally got the bold coming in, the curve 8900 is nice but i refuse to cop anything that doesnt have 3G, waste of money in imo to buy already outdated technology. if the att one packs 3G i might hop into the curve tank, doubt it though. im so over the clickyness of curve keyboards. everyone in the room can hear you.

It adds a tremendous amount of screen size. So if you use your phone as a multimedia device, waching movies or whatever, adding viewing size is pretty huge. It also makes browsing a much better experience.

That doesn't mean that makes it the phone for everyone, there are pros and cons to both, everyone needs to weigh what they want most out of their phone. Saying a touch screen is childish is pretty silly though.

Back
Top Bottom