...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Sprint really needs to get on the ball and come out with a new BlackBerry
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sprint and Verizon are always the slowest to come out with new phones compared to their GSM counterparts. (CDMA FTL) Which carrier has the cheapest BB dataplans?

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

mad.gif
mad.gif

Sprint and Verizon are always the slowest to come out with new phones compared to their GSM counterparts. (CDMA FTL) Which carrier has the cheapest BB data plans?
T-Mobile. $25/unlimited, that's the new price that went into effect a month or so ago? If you had the data plan previous to the new ratechange, its still $20/unlimited. AT&T is $35/unlimited I believe? Not sure about Spring but Verizon's comes included in the plan, which is at minimumlike $85/month.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

mad.gif
mad.gif

Sprint and Verizon are always the slowest to come out with new phones compared to their GSM counterparts. (CDMA FTL) Which carrier has the cheapest BB data plans?
T-Mobile. $25/unlimited, that's the new price that went into effect a month or so ago? If you had the data plan previous to the new rate change, its still $20/unlimited. AT&T is $35/unlimited I believe? Not sure about Spring but Verizon's comes included in the plan, which is at minimum like $85/month.
Sprint has Everything Plans, so if you get a BlackBerry the data plan is included for FREE in the plan. You just pay for the type of plan.

Everything 450 (min) $69
Everything 900 (min) $89
Unlimited Everything ( no minutes to worry about) $99

even tho the black bezel on the BOLD is
pimp.gif
, its getting
eyes.gif
to me since it seem everyone is doing it...
laugh.gif
waiting for more color bootleg bezel for the BOLD so i can swap it out

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^The latest leaked OS for the Storm seems to be performing very well. Camera speed is dramatically improved. Accelerometer is even faster. They've fixed a lot of the bugs. I'm just waiting for the official release of the OS before downloading it.

hey can i be schooled plz?

wth is OS?

i have had my storm and i wanna throw it up against the wall! i can be typin and all of a sudden i get a lil box like a clock as if it were to be loadingsomething or the camera screen will come on halfway and i wont be able to continue what i was doing unless i take the batterey out. i know the phone has bugsstill but how do i get rid of them...also where can i get my own ringtones...

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

mad.gif
mad.gif

T-Mobile. $25/unlimited, that's the new price that went into effect a month or so ago? If you had the data plan previous to the new rate change, its still $20/unlimited. AT&T is $35/unlimited I believe? Not sure about Spring but Verizon's comes included in the plan, which is at minimum like $85/month.
AT&T is $30 for BIS

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^The latest leaked OS for the Storm seems to be performing very well. Camera speed is dramatically improved. Accelerometer is even faster. They've fixed a lot of the bugs. I'm just waiting for the official release of the OS before downloading it.

hey can i be schooled plz?

wth is OS?

i have had my storm and i wanna throw it up against the wall! i can be typin and all of a sudden i get a lil box like a clock as if it were to be loading something or the camera screen will come on halfway and i wont be able to continue what i was doing unless i take the batterey out. i know the phone has bugs still but how do i get rid of them...also where can i get my own ringtones...

thanks in advance
The OS is the operating system, which is basically the underlying software controlling the operations of the hardware (like Windows for a PC). Ihave a Storm, and have relatively few problems. The phone crashes occasionally and is a little laggy, but otherwise works flawlessly.

Firstly, make sure you have 4.7.0.75 (Go to Options, About). I believe this is the latest official upgrade. There are newer versions that leaked; many arefaster, but none are as stable as the official OS. Since you seem to be an inexperienced user, I'd opt for the stability. If you have 4.7.0.75, try todelete any unnecessary apps, for these slow down the OS. To do this either connect your BlackBerry to Desktop Manger (on your PC), or go to Options >Advaced Options > Applications. Find the App and press the Blackberry button, the press delete. Get rid of Visual Voicemail, and the VZW Navigator if youdon't use it. You want to have copious amounts (35-45 MB) of Application Memory, because this determines how fastyour phone operates.

Also, try to limit the number of shortcuts you have on your home screen. Hide what you don't need, or move them to folders. This seems to increase theresponsiveness of the phone.

You can use any MP3 file for ringtones. You simply connect your BlackBerry to the computer via the USB cord, and drop the file you want in the ringtonesfolder. You can use a program called audacity to cut out the part you want.

Also, while typing be careful not to swipe your finger down the entire keyboard. This cues the keyboard to close. It can be annoying until you get the hang ofit. I'm not sure, but this may be why your keyboard keeps disappearing.

4sho
where did you cop it from ebay?

Anybody know how to turn that led light on on the bold?

cuz my boy has the pearl and his light always blinks green

For some strange reason, I can't send PM's through Opera Mini. I can login, post, read PMs, but there is no box to type the message in.
I can do everything using the BB Browser, but it doesn't format the page as well as Opera, plus it's slower. Any ideas?

Just curious for those of you who (UPGRADED) to get the Bold, how much did you pay?

A friend of mine who works for AT&T has it for $400 w/ a $100 rebate. That doesn't sound like a great deal at all...

Is Amazon the only reputable spot to buy a phone online?

When is the 8900 coming on ATT?

And whats the name of that Bold-esque Blackberry with a touch screen?

Originally Posted by stepinitup

4sho
where did you cop it from ebay?

Anybody know how to turn that led light on on the bold?

cuz my boy has the pearl and his light always blinks green
U talkin to me?

options>screen/keyboard>LED coverage indicator>ON

Back
Top Bottom