...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

For the ones who called TMobile and spoke to a Rep can you tell me exactly how you got them to sending you an 8900?

I get all shy n embarrassed when having to do such things.Thanks.
Just keep calling and tell them "Hi, I'm calling because I would like to upgrade my phone to a Blackberry 8900" and if they say itdoesn't come out until the 11th just say thank you and call again.

But I made notes of their names so I wouldn't ask the same rep the same question, I would have been embarrassed.

Getting the 8900 is pretty easy.

First, just be super nice and cordial. You'd be surprised how far that gets you. What you do is call and get the automated lady--when she asks whatyou're calling about, say "upgrade". Then she'll ask you what kind of phone you are trying to upgrade--say "Blackberry". When therep answers, just tell them you'd like to upgrade--DO NOT SAY YOU WANT THE 8900 RIGHT AWAY. They'll check your account and see if you're eligiblefor any type of upgrade based on your contract expiration date, length of service, etc.

When they ask what you'd like to upgrade to, just say the 8900. Don't give them any indication that you know you shouldn't be doing this, that itsa new Blackberry or that you know it isn't really supposed to be ordered yet. Just play dumb. If they hit you with a denial, just play dumb, say thanks,hang up and try again. Do not argue.

Unless they put out a company-wide statement saying don't sell it early, which they didn't if people are still able to order them, there is no reasonthis shouldn't work after a few tries. I guess I got lucky, because it worked the first time I did it. Had it ordered within 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

^Sexiest and best phone out right now IMO. Its a 4.9/5 because it doesn't have 3G, otherwise its perfect IMO.

Can't wait till' its delivered and in my hands
pimp.gif
BOLD >8900

OK fellas I need some advice. Soon I'm going to be switch service providers and will be upgrading to a BB.

Which service provider is the best in terms of plan prices and coverage when getting a BB?

And which BB is the best to go with between the Bold and Storm?

Thanks guys.

Quick question, can the Bold be sync'd to your car stereo via usb? I'm leaning towards one in another week when my contract w/Sprint is up, thank god!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

OK fellas I need some advice. Soon I'm going to be switch service providers and will be upgrading to a BB.

Which service provider is the best in terms of plan prices and coverage when getting a BB?

Thanks guys.
The bold >>>>>>>storm

but verizon > at&t

verizon has the best service hands down

IMO go with bold if at&t is good in your area

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Thanks guys.
The bold >>>>>>>storm

but verizon > at&t

I'm curious to know how the bold is better than the storm? The screen itself is half of what the bold offers and all my gadgets must be TOUCH. What makesthe bold better? Especially after you admit that Verizon service is much better.

The bold doesn't have as many os problems as the storm. I still like the storm better but as far as bugs and things like that, the bold has less. I thinkRIM put the storm out too soon.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Thanks guys.
The bold >>>>>>>storm

but verizon > at&t

I'm curious to know how the bold is better than the storm? The screen itself is half of what the bold offers and all my gadgets must be TOUCH. What makes the bold better? Especially after you admit that Verizon service is much better.
the blackberry storm had so many problems from what i read

the bold has the fastest blackberry OS ever, its lightning fast from what ive read

also the storm has no wifi, the keyboard is difficult to adjust to from what reviews say

plus its blackberrys first touch screen, it would seem like theres alot of bugs

^^^The latest leaked OS for the Storm seems to be performing very well. Camera speed is dramatically improved. Accelerometer is even faster. They've fixeda lot of the bugs. I'm just waiting for the official release of the OS before downloading it.

I've used the OS that came with my storm entirely and have had very few problems. I had no problems adjusting to typing, the phone has treated me good totell you the truth.

Thanks guys.
The bold >>>>>>>storm

but verizon > at&t

I'm curious to know how the bold is better than the storm? The screen itself is half of what the bold offers and all my gadgets must be TOUCH. What makes the bold better? Especially after you admit that Verizon service is much better.
for me personally it comes down to the keyboard and that alone. both phones have basically the same capabilities but after having the iphone, idon't think any touchscreen keyboard will be as good as the iphone...for now at least. the bold's keyboard is amazing too. the learning curve on thisthing is almost non-existent (i can see why people are always on the bb's now) outside of the keyboard? service provider is about the only thing separatingthe two

blah!

Thanks guys. I think I'm going with the Bold. For any Cincy area AT&T users, how is it?

Figured I'd update after 15 tries - I finally got a Tmo rep to sell me the damned 8900.

Exactly how is a touch screen phone childish?

Thanks guys.
The bold >>>>>>>storm

but verizon > at&t

the blackberry storm had so many problems from what i read

the bold has the fastest blackberry OS ever, its lightning fast from what ive read

also the storm has no wifi, the keyboard is difficult to adjust to from what reviews say

plus its blackberrys first touch screen, it would seem like theres alot of bugs

your correct that the og OS that came with the storm had a ton of bugs, but the newer OS's out (.99 is the newest i believe) have pretty much COMPLETELYfixed these bugs... you are also correct that the storm doesnt have wi-fi, but no verizon bb has wi-fi so its not like you are missing out... plus w/ verizonyou have ot have a data plan so you can connect to the internet whenever you want...

currently im on the curve, but i think im gonna get the storm to try it out and see how i like it... i used to only be with touchscreen phones, but i got alittle spoiled with the curves keyboard so hopefully the storm will blow me away and ill keep it..

Originally Posted by tonyt

How much are you guys paying for the 8900 upgrade?
$199 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a 2-year contract.

Or $250 + a $50 mail-in rebate with a 1-year contract.

Here's a picture from the Curve 8900 I took this weekend:

33425bn.jpg

Some more pictures of the phone. I was at work so they didn't come out so great:

fuyrfp.jpg

efnbpc.jpg

1gn093.jpg

5vq3k4.jpg

The last one is a picture of the phone in bedside mode:

r7911i.jpg

very nice, shape wise i like it better then the bold tho to me the world is still the best lookin BB out atm

Back
Top Bottom