Official Bitcoin Thread

So, Can I move some of my ETH to Binance or Bittrex.

I tried Bittrex a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it never went through.

Thats way better than the $15+ fee I incur with BTC. Truthfully though, I don't really notice the fees much.

ETH or LTC will have smaller transaction fees and like JRS said, faster transaction times. I always use ETH if it's an option.

Here's a dummy transaction I just set up to show you how much it would cost to send 100ETH right now:
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 11.15.11 AM.png

Appreciate the feedback. Looks like it's ETH from here on out. Only btc or eth can be used for alts though right? Incurring a transaction fee on LTC would be when you buy/sell it?

So, Can I move some of my ETH to Binance or Bittrex.

I tried Bittrex a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it never went through.

Thats way better than the $15+ fee I incur with BTC. Truthfully though, I don't really notice the fees much.
Yeah you can move any of BTC/ETH/LTC to Bittrex/Binance. Just make sure you're generating the correct wallet address on that exchange, and sending to that address from Coinbase.

Appreciate the feedback. Looks like it's ETH from here on out. Only btc or eth can be used for alts though right? Incurring a transaction fee on LTC would be when you buy/sell it?
Some exchanges offer certain alts to be purchased with LTC. I'm actually gonna buy some GRS with LTC on Cryptopia later today. But that's not the norm. More often than not you'll have to use BTC or ETH to grab alts.

Sold some cvc and xlm and bought ltc w he proceeds. Considered grs but need to read the white paper still and I really feel like ltc is gonna explode any day now.

I want more REQ. can see it hitting a buck in a couple of months.

Gah so many coins I wanna accumulate but not enough cash.

Not speaking to you directly, but because of this, use the DCA method I spoke earlier on.

which method? I might've missed the idea behind this, but I'm interested..

Again if you have NEO make sure to hold it in a wallet where you can claim the GAS. Stupid to hold it in one of the exchanges that doesn't and letting them basically steal it from you.

Plz elaborate..

question - so i know I clown bitconnect, but are there any peeps in here that are flourishing using it? U don't have to school me on the whole ponzi scheme, i fully understand that...but i know cats ARE getting paid, just how long...nobody knows? But i'd like to hear your guys stories if you are using them...their payouts are unreal, and NO i am not interested in joining.

hey freeze freeze - if you own NEO, they pay you out (reward) via GAS (which is used in their ecosystem). Its called staking. You pretty much hodl your coins in an official wallet, and every week/month u get GAS payouts. The key is to hodl in a wallet...but Binance actually pays out the GAS you earned, so if you have NEO and want to keep on exchange...might as well it be Binance.

Last edited:
Anyone signed up for Binance lately? Is it taking a long time to get setup / approved?

I only have Coinbase and Bittrex, but want to get into some of the alts that aren't on Bittrex.

Anyone signed up for Binance lately? Is it taking a long time to get setup / approved?

I only have Coinbase and Bittrex, but want to get into some of the alts that aren't on Bittrex.
Binance literally takes seconds to sign up for and have security on with Google Authenticator. The only reason it takes longer is if you want to withdraw money, but I think you would be better off converting it back to LTC or ETH and then withdrawing from Coinbase.

hey freeze freeze - if you own NEO, they pay you out (reward) via GAS (which is used in their ecosystem). Its called staking. You pretty much hodl your coins in an official wallet, and every week/month u get GAS payouts. The key is to hodl in a wallet...but Binance actually pays out the GAS you earned, so if you have NEO and want to keep on exchange...might as well it be Binance.

This is what I have to do with my NEO. I'm planning on holding. I heard binance fees are crazy tho

If you guys want a huge return on investment, invest in the coins with supplies of millions, not multiple billions. The lesser the overall coins, the more valuable they will become. They're the ones that could potentially reach $1000s.

Binance literally takes seconds to sign up for and have security on with Google Authenticator. The only reason it takes longer is if you want to withdraw money, but I think you would be better off converting it back to LTC or ETH and then withdrawing from Coinbase.

Since you mentioned Google Authenticator... any idea on how to get it working correctly again?

I have it on my phone, but I replaced the original phone I had it setup on. Whenever I tried logging into Coinbase and using Authenticator, the code it created was not valid. So for now I've been doing the Text 2FA instead. I'd prefer to use Google Authenticator (safer right?)... but can't get it working correctly again.

Since you mentioned Google Authenticator... any idea on how to get it working correctly again?

I have it on my phone, but I replaced the original phone I had it setup on. Whenever I tried logging into Coinbase and using Authenticator, the code it created was not valid. So for now I've been doing the Text 2FA instead. I'd prefer to use Google Authenticator (safer right?)... but can't get it working correctly again.

only way to restore is using the original hex keys that were shown to you when u first activated google auth 2fa. The work-around is to call/email/create a ticket and ask them you need to re-enable 2fa due to phone being upgraded. They will ask you some crazy questions, you'll have to answer each one correctly or they won't give it out (understand their position). these questions are:

- username
- last deposit
- last withdrawal
- date of last login
- what was last crypto coin you purchased

I've done this, so I know. good luck

If you guys want a huge return on investment, invest in the coins with supplies of millions, not multiple billions. The lesser the overall coins, the more valuable they will become. They're the ones that could potentially reach $1000s.
Ding ding ding

Cats in here want coins like ripple because they want that "big come up" of a coin going from 50 cents to a thousand dollars.

I know we talk about neo, bit jas anyone got stake in the waves coin they distribute? Trying to collect that but not sure how.

Any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom