Official Bitcoin Thread

Wanted to stop in and say happy new year and keep pumping

blood.gif

Early in the am, late at night and the weekends are the times when gas fees are the best

Use this website to check how things are going

I don’t know much (if anything) about the metaverse, but is there a finite amount of “land” available? Like in your example let’s say you own land, what would stop anyone with means from going around you and getting their own land to hold a virtual concert?

Excuse my ignorance. :lol:

yeah each metaverse has a certain number of plots available. I mean they can vote to mint more but I doubt that will happen.

whichever gets the most adoption will benefit the most from these virtual lands.

i believe your freind was correct...

on what timeline? Who knows but 99% of these "projects" goin to 0ish

That’s a scary world to live in. Doesnt sound fun at all.

All about balance.
I'm down for a world I can explore in VR or virtual events for fun but don't want it to be like the Matrix. Jacked in 24 hours a day.
This is why I don't play addictive games.

I don’t know much (if anything) about the metaverse, but is there a finite amount of “land” available? Like in your example let’s say you own land, what would stop anyone with means from going around you and getting their own land to hold a virtual concert?

Excuse my ignorance. :lol:

Yea land is finite in most project and they have a map showing you all the available plots and whilst in some projects the devs can technically print more, most projects have a DAO so that decisions like that is up for vote through a governance mechanism so not one person is making the decisions. Printing land constantly will just be inflation and would devalue your project.

For example, this metaverse project split up land in Mars into 100K plots which are NFTs. No more land will be available after

1641730443941.png

As for someone else holding a concert on another piece of land instead of yours. I can't hire Travis Scott or famous people. A bit too expensive for me but the play for me won't be to hold a concert. The play for me will be to buy land low and sell high or rent it for passive income.

Corporations, VC's and rich people will be the ones to hold virtual concerts or events because it brings more eyes on them and their products. The numbers for that Travis Scott concert is not something you can replicate in the real world.

Samsung just opened up a store in Decentraland so they can advertise their products and throw competitions and all that and we'll start to see more like this.

What we need to do is find out the next Metaverse or gaming project with land sales that can blow up. Going to be tough now to go against Meta, Sandbox and Decentraland but gaming is still a good spot.

All about balance.
I'm down for a world I can explore in VR or virtual events for fun but don't want it to be like the Matrix. Jacked in 24 hours a day.
This is why I don't play addictive games.

Yea land is finite in most project and they have a map showing you all the available plots and whilst in some projects the devs can technically print more, most projects have a DAO so that decisions like that is up for vote through a governance mechanism so not one person is making the decisions. Printing land constantly will just be inflation and would devalue your project.

For example, this metaverse project split up land in Mars into 100K plots which are NFTs. No more land will be available after

1641730443941.png

As for someone else holding a concert on another piece of land instead of yours. I can't hire Travis Scott or famous people. A bit too expensive for me but the play for me won't be to hold a concert. The play for me will be to buy land low and sell high or rent it for passive income.

Corporations, VC's and rich people will be the ones to hold virtual concerts or events because it brings more eyes on them and their products. The numbers for that Travis Scott concert is not something you can replicate in the real world.

Samsung just opened up a store in Decentraland so they can advertise their products and throw competitions and all that and we'll start to see more like this.

What we need to do is find out the next Metaverse or gaming project with land sales that can blow up. Going to be tough now to go against Meta, Sandbox and Decentraland but gaming is still a good spot.

tgc world bros.

Tryna get a spot on the wonderpals WL via the twitter art comp...

image0 (2).jpeg

I fear my design has not been well received by the community.... :lol:
I’ve been in there for a week and the community is very lighthearted and positive. Hoping you get in! Lemons, Deadfellaz, Booger, and Cats heavily present in there, some team members too.

Btw smedroc smedroc do you use Procreate or photoshop? I’ve been trying to get my lines cleaner.

DsLee DsLee That insider knowledge is helpful man....Will try something a little bit more agreeable :lol:

And it was done in procreate. Hard airbrush for the lines except for the pepe mouth / face. Just layered some ellipses and circles for that.

I really want all this to make sense.

But it just don’t.

None of this seems to actually be helpful. Just a higher more technical system of capitalism. Lol.

Feel old thinking about it. The world literally needs the opposite of all this.

nickname.esco nickname.esco

I would start with understanding defi to get a better understanding of how things work.

The dollar only has value because we agree it does. Crypto is pretty much the same. Finding what people find valuable in this space has helped me grow in my understanding. Just because it doesn’t hold value to me, doesn’t it won’t for the generations after.

I am enjoying learning a lot about crypto. It‘s the video game I’ve been looking for my entire adult life.

I really want all this to make sense.

But it just don’t.

None of this seems to actually be helpful. Just a higher more technical system of capitalism. Lol.

Feel old thinking about it. The world literally needs the opposite of all this.
Decentralized finance is... I'm the bank, you're the bank, we all get the same rates for lending and borrowing which are generous. Your bank giving you 0.1%, if you have more $, you can get better rates. You can find 10-20% Safe and EASY in crypto for lending/borrowing. DAOs are decentralized autonomous organizations, you get a fraction of ownership/governance based on what you put in. Nodes and miners for the biggest cryptos are decentralized around the world.

Capitalism is when things are controlled by private owners for profit... Crypto at its core is the exact opposite of that. There's always deals and incentives for the rich/wealthy to invest more, but it's a way more fair deal than accredited investors kind of stuff we see in todays world

Back
Top Bottom