***OFFICIAL Big Boi: Sir Lucious LeftFoot thread***ALBUM OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN** GO COP NOWWWWWWWWW

How do yall think he's gonna do in numbers? I know he's goin and doin all his promo this week. 106&Park yesterday... Jay Leno tonight. Idk what else.

Sadly i'm thinkin like 80-100K.... had this been like the year or 2 after SP/TLB i think he'd do way better

Originally Posted by TrappenAintDead

How do yall think he's gonna do in numbers? I know he's goin and doin all his promo this week. 106&Park yesterday... Jay Leno tonight. Idk what else.

Sadly i'm thinkin like 80-100K.... had this been like the year or 2 after SP/TLB i think he'd do way better

Yeah unfortunately I think the same thing. 150K max, hopefully ATL and Def Jam supports him and can bump them numbers up a little

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Shame on the label for keeping 3000 off this album, lookin for ya and royal flush woulda ended this album nicely. 
Is this true?? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Shame on the label for keeping 3000 off this album, lookin for ya and royal flush woulda ended this album nicely. 
Is this true?? 
nerd.gif
I think I got this right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
OutKast is on Jive,

Big Boi made the album. Jive didn't know what to do with it.

He moved to Def Jam to release it.

Jive said no 3000 because that would be OutKast.

Big Boi publicly gives jive the middle finger.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Is this true?? 
nerd.gif
OutKast is on Jive,

[h2]Big Boi Takes Vulture on a Tour of Stankonia Studios[/h2]
20100706_bigboi_560x375.jpg

Big Boi on the roof of Stankonia Studios.Photo: Amos Barshad

StankoniaStudios, the birthplace of some of Outkast's — and, in turn, America's— biggest hits over the last decade, is a squat gray building in aresidential block of midtown Atlanta. The inside, where platinumplaques hang on the bright red walls and Big Boi welcomes us whiledistractedly puffing on a Black and Mild, is more in line withexpectations. But it's no cozy movie-set: worn couches, Chick-Fil-Abags, legal pads, Bud Light cans, masking-tape rolls, extra-largeKroger-brand-aspirin bottles, and the sugar packets/stirrers/creamerset-up familiar to any office dweller make it clear this is a place ofbusiness.

For Big Boi, over the last three years, that business has been Sir Lucious Left Foot: the Son of Chico Dusty. Thanks to delay after delay from Jive Records, Big Boi's now former label, and mouthwatering leaked dribbles and bits, Sir Lucious— which was finally released this week — had become a nearly mythicalsolo album. Big Boi started recording on "Martin Luther King Jr.'sbirthday, 2007," he says, seated in Stankonia's B room, ashing hiscigarillo, and finally mastered "on Dre's birthday, this year, May 27.A good sign." "Dre" would be Andre Benjamin, a.k.a. Andre 3000 (a.k.a.3 Stacks, if you feel like getting fancy), for sixteen years andcounting Big's partner in crime in Outkast. And, if Big Boi had hisway, his partner on Sir Lucious too. "Dre could have gottenon every song on the album if he wanted to," Big says wistfully. "Wecould have easily turned this into an Outkast album. Very easily."

Thereason that it is not is both complicated and simple: Andre 3000, withwhom Big Boi swears he has never had a serious falling out, did notwant to make an Outkast album. But before Big explains any further,it's time to actually hear Sir Lucious. The album plays —through “Shine Blockas

Album of the year is tied between this and Distant Relatives. Very solid release...too bad its a bit underpromoted....

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Is this true?? 
nerd.gif
OutKast is on Jive,

^ Pretty much my perception of what went down   ...
tired.gif
   at Jive ... don't they know hearing a track w/ Big Boi & Andre would've only increased the anticipation for the next Kast album,,

Hope Big Boi's middle finger to Jive doesn't hinder the next OutKast album from coming out
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Album of the year is tied between this and Distant Relatives. Very solid release...too bad its a bit underpromoted....

I'm pleased with this..on my second run threw it..now I'm waiting on Dre or Kast as a whole to drop something

Back
Top Bottom