Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Quick question. If I wear a 40 in Mitchell and Ness MLB Jerseys, is it the same size in NBA Mitchell and Ness Jerseys? I'm like 5-11-6'0 155...

what the hell is a Joint jersey?
laugh.gif
There's really no need for cynisism. If you don't want to help, please pass on the question.

I'm asking this because I really don't know what does it mean. Since I've recently started to collect jerseys, I'm not very familiar with all the terms.
wink.gif

Last edited:
There's really no need for cynisism. If you don't want to help, please pass on the question.

I'm asking this because I really don't know what does it mean. Since I've recently started to collect jerseys, I'm not very familiar with all the terms.
wink.gif
I believe that the term is used for the jersey itself to just give it a "cooler" reference...it isn't a type of jersey.

I'm asking this because I really don't know what does it mean. Since I've recently started to collect jerseys, I'm not very familiar with all the terms. :wink:

I dont think I've seen the reference here unless maybe someone said they are going to grab a couple of them joints. From time to time urban dictionary has been my friend.

Last edited:
what the hell is a Joint jersey? :lol:

I'm asking this because I really don't know what does it mean. Since I've recently started to collect jerseys, I'm not very familiar with all the terms. :wink:

i was asking as well, ive never heard "joint jersey" before in my life til you mentioned it.

:rolleyes

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching and it didnt bring up any results. Is "hoop-style" on ebay legit?

Edit NVM. Looks like a strange mix of some maybe real some not

Last edited:

never heard of it either, and i've been collecting for almost 11 years. where did you see that term anyway?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching and it didnt bring up any results. Is "hoop-style" on ebay legit?
Edit NVM. Looks like a strange mix of some maybe real some not
Some of the jerseys they sell are customs. They told me this when I asked. I guess that's why they use the name 'style' lol

Cosign this. I have bought a couple from him. The jerseys were legit, used, but in amazing condition, the shipping was fast and a signature was required. Also the packaging was very good. Please nobody bid on that Vince carter Nike pro cut lol.
Red Jordan jersey is nice. What year is that from? Also, anyone know what a Authentic Black pinstripe Jordan usually goes for?

I believe those of you that received legit jerseys from paulysmart on eBay. Before I start bidding something looks very wrong on one of them. I think the numbers are supposed to be white on yellow, the letter separation on Bryant is way off and Kobe was game issued a 50 that season although the pro-cuts Nike issued at retail were size 46 because that's what he wore the previous season.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-K...pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec43775ad

There's some info out there regarding the Alpha Project and those 5 dots on the side panel where Dri-Fit usually is on that jersey. Could it be some experimental jersey? It certainly would not be "game issued" though as stated in the description. 

A couple of observations on the above Kobe jersey:

1. The lettering, both in terms of spacing and color, is, as you correctly pointed out, off.
2. Alpha Project means that there was player input in the creation of the product. Personally, I've never come across a Nike NBA jersey with such tagging. All mine from that era have Dri-Fit tagging in that location. Perhaps others have?

My best guesses, then, are that the jersey is either fake or a sample. In either case, it's not GI.

Last edited:
never heard of it either, and i've been collecting for almost 11 years. where did you see that term anyway?
I thought it was here...
eyes.gif

If not then on JC, ProJerseyTalk or SneakerTalk for sure.

On SneakerTalk.yuku this term was mentioned again and again. For a significant number of jerseys actually. E.g. for both Jordan's red and black pinestripe, for a lot of older Champion Authentics as well as for the newer ones like this Allen's one I asked you for legit check 3 days ago.

It's not connected with a single manufacturer/material for sure since I've seen it used for multiple brands and materials/designs.

I assume it's a description for the most valuable, unique jerseys, of some of the greatest players. Holy grails as someone would say
smokin.gif
, which have historical significance. Hence they are also very expensive.

Maybe I'm wrong but I understand it this way...
eyes.gif

Just one quick LC please.

I know this is your "favorite" seller
laugh.gif
but this is the jersey of one of the greatest Croatian players of all time! I don't remember if I've ever seen it on ebay till now!

But the weird thing on this one is the white line around the NBA logo!
frown.gif
It shouldn't be there on the Authentics. So is this one fake?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I thought it was here... :rolleyes
On SneakerTalk.yuku this term was mentioned again and again. For a significant number of jerseys actually. E.g. for both Jordan's red and black pinestripe, for a lot of older Champion Authentics as well as for the newer ones like this Allen's one I asked you for legit check 3 days ago.

It's not connected with a single manufacturer/material for sure since I've seen it used for multiple brands and materials/designs.
I assume it's a description for the most valuable, unique jerseys, of some of the greatest players. Holy grails as someone would say:smokin , which have historical significance. Hence they are also very expensive.
Maybe I'm wrong but I understand it this way... :rolleyes

Just one quick LC please.
I know this is your "favorite" seller :lol: but this is the jersey of one of the greatest Croatian players of all time! I don't remember if I've ever seen it on ebay till now!
But the weird thing on this one is the white line around the NBA logo! :frown: It shouldn't be there on the Authentics. So is this one fake?
Thanks!

dont think it is an authentic jersey.. and you talk about "joint" jerseys.. and assume it is a description of a unique/expensive jersey, but then put a pic of an iverson jersey that is nothing special, or does that pic have nothing to do with it?

I thought it was here... :rolleyes

I assume it's a description for the most valuable, unique jerseys, of some of the greatest players. Holy grails as someone would say:smokin , which have historical significance. Hence they are also very expensive.
Maybe I'm wrong but I understand it this way... :rolleyes

Bro, "joint" is just a slang term that can be used for basically anything. For example, if someone liked your shoes they might say something like, "Those joints are nice." If someone saw a jersey they liked on the Mitchell and Ness website they might say, "I love that new Petrovic jersey. I'm gonna cop that joint." If you hated the 2 Chainz album you might say, "That joint is trash."

I'm still thinking he's referring to people saying, "I don't like that joint" or something.

Bjede - Reread those posts and substitute the word "item" when you come across the word "joint." Then, let us know if the sentences are still confusing.

Back
Top Bottom