Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Nope. Im a bit scared becuase my order starts with a capital "O" :frown:
Now about the wrinkling, its just how the leather is. I see alot of newbies dont remember the 06 release had almost exactly the same issue. But at least It was 40% cheaper in '06

All of my previous orders with NDC have began with an 0 or O im going to call them to make sure its good, i have some people waiting on those two pairs.

Nope. Im a bit scared becuase my order starts with a capital "O" :frown:
Now about the wrinkling, its just how the leather is. I see alot of newbies dont remember the 06 release had almost exactly the same issue. But at least It was 40% cheaper in '06

All of my previous orders with NDC have began with an 0 or O im going to call them to make sure its good, i have some people waiting on those two pairs.

I couldn't remember if O was a bad omen since I havent got a new jordan release on NDC since the chicago X's and all of my other orders always had a lowercase o. Im alittle more relieved knowing that nike made so many but you never know. Keeping my options open, and ready to yell for some gift cards if anything does happens.

Last edited:
These sat in the stores for a few hours, but they did eventually sell out. The Militaries on the other hand, are widely available

These sat in the stores for a few hours, but they did eventually sell out. The Militaries on the other hand, are widely available

Said part is i picked up two pairs... and someone purchased them from my store slightly above retail so some areas are bone dry while others they still sitting on the shelf.

So I just got off the phone with Eastbay, and the rep told me since my order still says "1 unit backordered until 8/*****12" then I will only get the pair if Nike does provide Eastbay with the additional pairs they promised.

Apparently Eastbay's full order of these was never delivered, so we may be looking at some cancellations from them.

backordered is nothing new for eastbay. hopefully, eastbayrep hops on here and helps you with your order. honestly, id imagine your chances are very good with eastbay. these were a GR and there are pairs still out there. that + canceled orders and you should be fine.
i just looked at my account and it says Ready To Ship but I never got the backordered message.

Yea, player... They basically just told you they are expecting a restock; you'll get yours. I ordered early, and just now received my shipping confirmation for Wednesday delivery. I've always received my shipment on or before the scheduled date.

My pair does not have the quality issues that I'm seeing in these pics. I guess I just got lucky...

I don't call it a flop, but these definitely sat longer than anyone had anticipated. None of us know the amount of these produced by JB so we can't call it a flop. People have reported quality control issues, but that happens with most releases. I will say that one of my pair had glue spots that actually stuck to the paper inside the box, as well as some creases around the collar... I don't mind the creases, bc this is a baby soft leather and will crease easily. The glue spots I coulda lived without but whatever, we know what we are in for with JB lately, and I'ma be wearing these anyhow, so no big deal

I think Nike just had some logistical issues. A restock is WAY different than only getting half the promised shipment. Niketown SF only received half of their shipment, and the second half will be coming in this week. Eastbay isn't getting a "restock", they're getting the rest of the shipment they were told they would receive to begin with. Nike just dropped the ball on shipments for this release from the sounds of things. If anything, it probably means restocks will be coming later than usual on these.

im liking what they are doing by releasing allot of pairs this beats them crazy reseller prices i think nike know what people are going thru
when they release a sneaker and they are sold out in minutes and the only way to get a pair is to pay double or more. also if they keep doing this this people
will soon get the point and will not have to camp out super early hopefully it stays like this

I still like the shoes,  Nobody cryin over here but damn if we spending $160.00 plus tax we dont want a product that has defects on it.     Nobody talkin about returning **** just giving advice on how to remove the stains.

couldn't have said it any better myself.. I guess what gets me mad is that it's the principle that a brand new shoe should have no flaws and yet they come with many

Idk what you guys are talking about but, these are sold out everywhere in Chicago, N THEY HAVE SIZES 9.5, 11, N 13 ON EASTBAY.COM right now if you missed out on release date.  

Foot locker doesn't charge for S&H. When can I expect their "restock".
Hopefully I can return my older pair from finsihline. I could see them saying that it didnt come this way and that I wore them.... :smh:

Last edited:
I just cancelled my order from UI, size 11, if anyone is still trying to find a pair. Scored 2 off of finishline, so no need for the additional pair.

Mine came with pre creases, not that it mattets really bc ill be wearing them soon enough anyway. I do see what NT means about quality tho, definitely sucks to spend 175 on a pair of shoes that doesnt look brand new

So is all these nasty creases and ugly pictures true or just bs? Hope my pairs won't be like that.

A local boutique owner held 10 pairs and didn't sell them because of SERIOUS quality issues. He sent pictures of all of them directly to the brand about a week before the release and JB responded with a letter not to sell any of these pairs. I saw them and can say firsthand its not just people blowing smoke. These shoes looked worn, BAD creases all over the toe box, heel, midsole, paint cracking, paint where it shouldn't be, glue all over the place. I just don't get it...

Back
Top Bottom