Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Well hopefully these do make it to the states, I told my girl I'd get her a pair.

Welp

Now I'm wondering what the white red look like. Guess we gotta wait a few more weeks smh

It's 1 number off

100 to 101

What is up with dat!

and no pics being this close to date

Maaaannnnn

It's 1 number off

100 to 101

What is up with dat!

and no pics being this close to date

Maaaannnnn

those style codes are two different shoes. thats the difference between the swoosh and sole being red vs it being neutral gray.

there was like 1 pic posts of the breds.

before then we didnt see pics from retailers or anyone else like 2-3 weeks before release.

I dont understand why JB has been so secretive regarding the release of these lowtop OG 1s. They drop pics of Aquas, Chrome and UNC THREE quarters before release date. But we can't get pics of these that drop in a couple of weeks?

I dont understand why JB has been so secretive regarding the release of these lowtop OG 1s. They drop pics of Aquas, Chrome and UNC THREE quarters before release date. But we can't get pics of these that drop in a couple of weeks?
It's clear that AJ1 lows are no where near as popular as those models.

It's clear that AJ1 lows are no where near as popular as those models.

that has nothing to do with it. if a sneaker isn't as popular it would make more sense to release pics early to build hype. if a sneaker isn't popular why even bother releasing it? LOL

that has nothing to do with it. if a sneaker isn't as popular it would make more sense to release pics early to build hype. if a sneaker isn't popular why even bother releasing it? LOL
I felt like they did that with the LBJ all red lows that dropped, better than the XI but sales aren't as great seems like for LBJ. Now they drop this QS LBJ XII low with no pics other than them going on sale via resellers.

Maybe that's part of building the hype. I was thinking about those Holiday VII's we got pics of already,( will be passing but they're dope) since the pics have popped up I fell like my beak has been wet enough by them already I can move on to the next thot. That new  VIII's CW are keepers tho 

Last edited:

Obscure color-ways that wouldn't sell-out on a broader sense, do better for the line overall when it's limited.

I didn't say they aren't popular, just that they are not AS popular as those "Holiday" releases, which are going to draw a larger crowd then a pair of AJ1 lows. That's why the lows are limited. And at that, they couldn't sell out.

Obscure color-ways that wouldn't sell-out on a broader sense, do better for the line overall when it's limited.

does better for what line? jordan gets most of his money from the sales of his lower tier products, NOT the retros or Flagship models.

I didn't say they aren't popular, just that they are not AS popular as those "Holiday" releases, which are going to draw a larger crowd then a pair of AJ1 lows. That's why the lows are limited. And at that, they couldn't sell out.

i still don't see the logic is releasing pics of shoes, as you have said, that are popular and going to draw a larger crowd. building hype 8 months in advance for shoes that are already popular? still dont get it

I never said I got it either, lol. This is JB we're talking about. I don't get 90% of what they do

does better for what line? jordan gets most of his money from the sales of his lower tier products, NOT the retros or Flagship models.
Just look at the Blk/Gld NA 1 release from 2013.  Obscure color-way that didn't get any love initially when photos were revealed but then when release came around and they were almost non-existent to purchase anywhere, the hype built and the resale price climbed. A high resale price for what seemed to be at the time an ordinary shoe, garnered people to the model who previously weren't fans of the AJ1. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom