Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Sounds like Nike/JB completely screwed then over.

Idk why Nike/JB simply doesn’t lower retail prices, esp on AJ 1s. $180 retail for GR AJ 1s is crazy and it seems like few ppl are actually willing to pay that price anymore, given how so many releases are going for under retail even before release.

Definitely getting screwed right now. It was good when it was good but when its bad, Nike still gets their sales through the boutique accounts and the small mom and pops get stuck holding the inventory. Some aren't even available to sell online and all are restricted to put a shoe on sale until a certain time has passed since the release. But that depends on how the shoe released also. Not everyone follows the rules as we see new releases on sale all the time from different shops. I think right now Nike doesn't care and won't get involved for one of two reasons, they don't have the manpower now to police it and second, they already got theirs so whatever. Then the rule followers hang onto the bag again.

I don’t feel that bad for retailers stuck with inventory. This was the model for decades and they’ve always had a sliding scale of profitability on any given model/cw in order to turn over inventory.

A botique like Oneness seems to have a good grasp on it with their public facing sales model. Surely others have a good idea of allocation for the secondary market and taking smaller profits to turn over their inventory.

This is a pretty common retail model. What wasn’t common was being a middle man for crack cocaine style shoes where there was no end to demand on any and every release and many where they could make even more moving them on the secondary market.

That was never a sustainable model when a) you don’t own the product or production, b) any Joe Schmo could do the same thing if they got the account. Everyone would have been in this business if it was historically a sure bet for maximum profit and guaranteed sales.

So I don’t feel bad for any of these retailers now when they’re still moving huge volume

OG lows retail at $140 so selling OG Highs at $180 retail is insane esp when you consider 85 highs, which are far better in quality and craftsmanship, retail at $200.

Exactly and right now, on the SNKRS app, the Mocha Low's are $140. You know it's insane when they're already selling for less at resale.

I have Royals, Breds, Chicagos, Shadows, Black/Whites. Only retro+'s I held on to post 2022 were the Laker SB's. I axed everything else.

All the toe variants, Turbo Greens, every TS they just weren't needed.

I REALLY regret not dumping 80% of my DS OG AJ 1 High collection in 2020.. Could have acquired multiple grails with that same money now lol

Still blows my mind Bloodlines were reselling at $300+ at one point 😂

Same... so many pairs were going for $400+

Rookie of the Years were going for $600-700 in 2021... now they're under $300

Back
Top Bottom