Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I only own 11 pairs of Jordan 1s and opening boxes to find the pair that I want is a giant pain in the *** sometimes.

How do you guys with a hundred pairs do it?

…do you spend 30% of your waking life digging through boxes?
They sit in my storage unit until I want to move them or unDS them if they’re DS (mostly the former). I sold a ton of old shoes during COVID but wished I had moved more since the market is terrible for OG 1s (and retros in general) rn.

I’m sure in 3-4 years retro resale will be back but it would have been great to have shoes I really want like the ‘15 Chis and even Trav/Frag lows but the resale on those hasn’t tanked even now and I’m sure will be even crazier in the future (unless Nike/JB release a massive Chi retro like they did for the ‘17 Royals).

It's always been like this. If you have a Jordan Brand contract, in order to get the "hot" product, you have to take X amount of crap/lower tier product. I know a couple of boutiques that have flat out refused Jordan deals because it wasn't worth it for them.
Problem is the “hot” product (OG AJ 1 Highs, in this case) isn’t even “hot” anymore.

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo
I use those easy assemble Home Depot Shelves and a label maker works wonders. After a while, reading the color just takes too much time. Also if you got that many pairs, put them on an excel sheet so it's mapped out.

I know, I know Geek stuff. Lol But definitely easier than just opening them box by box.

Last edited:
I only own 11 pairs of Jordan 1s and opening boxes to find the pair that I want is a giant pain in the *** sometimes.

How do you guys with a hundred pairs do it?

…do you spend 30% of your waking life digging through boxes?
I do not understand why people keep boxes if you intend on wearing your shoes. Even when my collection wasn’t obnoxiously big, I couldn’t imagine keeping the boxes.

I do not understand why people keep boxes if you intend on wearing your shoes. Even when my collection wasn’t obnoxiously big, I couldn’t imagine keeping the boxes.
There is a significant price difference when you move VNDS pairs with the boxes vs without.

If the pairs are cooked though, the boxes won’t really matter much, typically.

I wear my shoes and put them back into their boxes when I’m not wearing them. Seems pretty simple to me 😅

Back
Top Bottom