Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The Black Toes are back on GOAT.... lol. I want em but now it's kinda meh.... such a weird space to be in for me as a sneakerhead, all these releases, we see em everyday on our phones.... so much so that when they drop, I can't even get excited anymore. This release/unrelease was a lil exciting last week with the spillage of pairs and Nike postponement. Just to have something before most. But the candle is kinda going out.
It’s simply because Nike/JB flooded the market with OG High AJ 1 releases and a lot of the allure of the model has died.

There used to be a time where they would release in similar release numbers that 85 AJ 1s release nowadays.

I remember people camping out for the Barron 1 OG Highs before the Nike Store here in DC opened because there simply weren’t many releases and they would be sought after as a result and the only other options were Jumpman branded mids or highs.

Nowadays you can literally order OG AJ 1 Highs and get them delivered on Uber Eats:

IMG_4287.jpeg

Yes, but it's a actual UNC OG Jordan 1. UNC's have been a part of Jordan's since the beginning. It's his school and how he became known.

Semantics. I know what it is and that there are plenty of other UNC color ways, but this is the one I own and am talking about.

It's a definite colorway, because it's based on his college and is a part of every model. There's either an actual release colorway or PE colorway.
Most models never had a Carolina cw and he never wore one in a game (sans XI’s). Anything Carolina is non-essential to me as the shoes were for his playing career in the NBA, not college. Most of them are retro+ too besides the 1's and 2 lows.

Back
Top Bottom