Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
After a few years of wear, the adhesive did start to give on the tape. I removed it and the logo stayed completely intact. It worked for me on this pair as the only time I've ever done it. Do whatever the hell you want with your own shoes.

Wouldn't the tape just remove the 'nike air' logo when you decide to remove or change the tape? All my insole logos have pretty much worn off since I wear my pairs pretty heavy.
I’ve never done it, that’s corny but I get why Vin did on the 95s.

But I remember hearing the technique of covering the middle area that the logo is under with upside down tape so the adhesive isn’t touching the logo. But leaving the borders sticky. Idk if that’s clear lol

Yea at a certain point I was able to salvage some SB insoles from old beaters to put in my 1s and I haven't looked back since.

Pic from the first day I got em :smokin wasn't gonna mess that up, and honestly the '95 insoles were better on 2014-2017 1s :lol:. Nowadays there's a bit of an outline from where the tape was - sock lint darkened the rest of the insole.
1690242210725.png

^ this is the first 1 for me that I put the tape on the insole... all my 1's I wore already and not DS prally wore 1-2 times at most and the logo is gone... figured I try this and see if it works and if not oh well lol...

Last edited:
I remember seeing OG jordans and early 00's retros with nike air tape on the insoles for sale when I first got into shoes around late 00's. 11s especially. Relative to the other measures sneakerheads take to preserve their shoes, it seems pretty miniscule. I seen a guy in WDYWT wrap his outsoles up with that sole protector stuff. That seems like it'd get slippery I dunno how practical it is. I wonder if anyone is still out there using force fields/crease protectors?

Most of ya on NT got 1s that haven't seen the light of day since Trump was in office anyway :lol:

Wouldn't the tape eventually just melt in to the insole like the size tags do, and get gross?

I’m not that knowledgeable of Jordan 1s, but has the classic/iconic Chicago cw ever been released with a Black Tongue?

I felt dude on this.... There are some shoes y'all be hyping up on here that I'm almost positive y'all wouldn't rock with of they weren't collabs.

Not this particular pair but collabs in general.

Reactions: uno
All good. I’m referring to these… but with a Black Tongue instead of the traditional White.

IMG_5499.jpeg

Highly doubt Nike has or will ever release the AJ1 Chicago CW with a black tongue. That contradicts the entire idea for the AJ1 Chicago. You may be able to find another AJ1 CW that's red and white with a black tongue though.

Highly doubt Nike has or will ever release the AJ1 Chicago CW with a black tongue. That contradicts the entire idea for the AJ1 Chicago. You may be able to find another AJ1 CW that's red and white with a black tongue though.

Got it. It’s just my preference. I absolutely love the stealthy aesthetic of the black laces paired with a black tongue.

I remember seeing OG jordans and early 00's retros with nike air tape on the insoles for sale when I first got into shoes around late 00's. 11s especially. Relative to the other measures sneakerheads take to preserve their shoes, it seems pretty miniscule. I seen a guy in WDYWT wrap his outsoles up with that sole protector stuff. That seems like it'd get slippery I dunno how practical it is. I wonder if anyone is still out there using force fields/crease protectors?

Most of ya on NT got 1s that haven't seen the light of day since Trump was in office anyway :lol:

Certified clown status.

If you've seen Marissa Hill/Shadetv on youtube, she put some on her dior 1s and they were hanging on for deer life flopping around like the shoes eskimos be wearing to traverse blizzards.

Back
Top Bottom