Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The leather on lasers is literally paper thin, whereas the leather on BHMs is so thick and supple. Night and day. I agree tho that BHMs aren't the most aesthetically pleasing pair. I also hate that they put a jumpman on the back and the shape is a bit off. All that said, I held onto them bc the leather is just that good. It's the best leather on any jordan 1 I've ever held. Imo, lasers are just flat out trash. What good is "soft" leather if it's so thin it creases up like paper?
The leather is definitely thin but my pair didn't crease up at all except for the front rand of the toe box for some reason. The places I usually get walking creases are good. The thin leather may be why they feel so sock like when I wear em. I think they're ugly but I'll be damned if they aren't comfortable compared to other 1's

Finally had some free time to unbox these….

2401938E-3DF7-4002-A5FF-E121A51B220E.jpeg

Watching that Rose Anvil guy on YouTube has pretty much made it clear that Nike has mostly used bottom tier leather on its products.

And that’s not a bad thing considering they don’t market themselves to be a high end fashion brand charging high end fashion prices. Just puts our leather talk into perspective.

Watching that Rose Anvil guy on YouTube has pretty much made it clear that Nike has mostly used bottom tier leather on its products.

And that’s not a bad thing considering they don’t market themselves to be a high end fashion brand charging high end fashion prices. Just puts our leather talk into perspective.
If folks didn't already know or realize that they were simply ignorant. Tens or hundreds of thousands of pairs of shoes being sold for $150 give or take, we're not getting the best of the best. Personally I like to wear my shoes, not poke and prod them for fun. So as long as it's comfortable and durable I'm satisfied. One example that comes to mind is 2015 UNCs, those joints feel like smooth plastic, but they're soft and comfy so I have no complaints. 2013 chicagos and 2009 DTRTs on the other hand were some of the worst 1s I've felt on foot, super stiff and uncomfortable - that's what makes a shoe bad to me.

You can actually buy a decent quality leather shoe for $150... Ive purchased sheepskin made in Italy boots for less than the average price of Js. Nike is making too much money to give us REAL quality, or a good shape, or even the chance to buy at retail. They truely are a terrible company as far as the consumer is concerned when you really think about it.

The country of origin is not always an indicator of fair labor practices or good quality, either. The NYT did a big story on that a few years ago, this is just one example of course. Fact of the matter is that in a capitalist economy where production is outsourced, stores pay wholesale to sell to consumers at "MSRP", the consumers (and laborers, manufacturers) lose no matter what.

I'm gettin to the point where I'm tired. This shoe has become so cliché and commercial and mainstream that it's almost a turn off to me. It's all I see ppl wearing, even to the point where I see grown men rocking mids. And not just rocking them humbly. No, they rocking them like they DOING it! 🤢 This becoming a "fad" on top of me having more high OGs than I can beat in a lifetime has me now leaning towards more 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Where I'm from, you never see 1 low OGs and SB dunk lows. Everyone just tries to wear what's "in" or trendy and I hate that. Have your own style and stop being told what to wear and what is cool. I ****in hate that ****!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom