Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Fit from 2013/2014 1s (pre-remaster) to post-remaster is the same for me. I've only had one 1 fit a little different and that's pinnacles but even so it's not drastic. You are right, 2013s were much stiffer than 2017s. Some would say the color was a little better, though. To each their own but with 2017 you definitely get a more supple, comfortable shoe.
Buy the '17 and don't look back until JB gives us the inevitable Royal in High '85 form.

thanks gents! I thought I wasn’t misremembering. I definitely prefer the comfort of the remaster... and like you said we know that 85 is around the corner

Since the current trend seems to be hot takes.... Regardless of how you feel about him, Gentry is good for business. Numbers don't lie, business is booming
tysonsuccess.png
Business is booming because of gentry or in spite of him?

the latter imo

Reactions: SBA
Business is booming because of gentry or in spite of him?

the latter imo
I'm not a fan of Gentry either but when he left the first time the numbers declined and now that he's back they're up again. He's good for business, terrible for sneakerheads

I'm not a fan of Gentry either but when he left the first time the numbers declined and now that he's back they're up again. He's good for business, terrible for sneakerheads
It’s less to do with Gentry and more to do with The Last Dance and the pandemic. More people are reselling now. He just lucked out with his timing. Also, when the numbers declined the first time it was because Adidas Yeezy’s were the “flavor of the month.” After he left, Jordan’s were actually better. People were too stupid and were following the hype.

It’s less to do with Gentry and more to do with The Last Dance and the pandemic. More people are reselling now. He just lucked out with his timing. Also, when the numbers declined the first time it was because Adidas Yeezy’s were the “flavor of the month.” After he left, Jordan’s were actually better. People were too stupid and were following the hype.
Idk brother. When business is booming, he's the common denominator. Call it luck but he has proven record of increasing profit

Idk brother. When business is booming, he's the common denominator. Call it luck but he has proven record of increasing profit
Well, we will see what happens in the future. He is THE WORST thing for us. Jordan Brand may be making the money, but he sure has cheapened the product. The quality is not inspired by the greatest ever.

I don’t know how many > are appropriate between the light blue variations but the order is pretty clear:

UNC > Obsidians > Suede new ones >>>>> Neutral Greys

Sorry, couldn’t help myself at the end, NGs are just SO so so so so bad. The original ones were OKAY, this version is just bad. $60 outlet sneaker imo.

Yeah, was looking at ngs and I just can't get over that high cut. I am not a fan. Imma pass, But those hyper royals will not disappoint I'm sure of it....imma try and find me another pair of university's tommorow. My boy works at fnl and his store didn't get them today but he thinks they coming tommorow. So I'm pretty much guranteed another pair once they do. Hopefully it's better qc.
I swear I thought the high 85 cut would bother me when I got them in hand, I really wanted the NG color way, held them side by side with my remastered shadows there’s barely a height difference. The tongue is a bit longer, but not a deal breaker. The leather is thicker, so more stiff, but a clean shoe. You’ll love them.

This the definition of trolling

No it’s not. It’s trusting my eyes and not the internet hype. Neutral Greys are almost all-white and have a humongous toe. The stiff leather might be “good,” but I don’t want stiff leather in sneakers. Nothing about Neutral Greys is appealing for their price (even at retail) except that they haven’t retro’d before. But there’s a reason for that - they were NEVER all that good. And this version is downright bad. The all sail ones from a couple years ago hit under $100, and those are actually really soft leather, comfortable. And they sat. These NGs are all hype and some weird sense of nostalgia for a sneaker hardly anyone ever cared about until relatively recently.

No it’s not. It’s trusting my eyes and not the internet hype. Neutral Greys are almost all-white and have a humongous toe. The stiff leather might be “good,” but I don’t want stiff leather in sneakers. Nothing about Neutral Greys is appealing for their price (even at retail) except that they haven’t retro’d before. But there’s a reason for that - they were NEVER all that good. And this version is downright bad. The all sail ones from a couple years ago hit under $100, and those are actually really soft leather, comfortable. And they sat. These NGs are all hype and some weird sense of nostalgia for a sneaker hardly anyone ever cared about until relatively recently.
This is very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom