Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
A big part of the issue with High OGs is the disastrous colorways and ideas that have tarnished the mold. Couple that with a ton of terrible quality pairs, whether it’s cheap nubucks, or patent leather, or plastic for leather, Or stupid ****in colorblocked tongue tags and tongue patches, etc etc etc. However, The OG colorways, outside of the Royals, were all done well, considering they were all attached to a somewhat inferior mold by previous and current standards (OG mold, 94 mold, ‘85 mold).
fax...its just gettin more and more ridiculous
63AC55E8-B61F-4246-914F-08EB6B8FAFAB.jpeg

Lol, I don't think there would be any pandemonium to be honest. People will say, "I was right" or "I was wrong."

Good point about the Laney colored shoes, I'm not too sure on those if Nike said they were on every release. But on these Jordan 1, every Shattered Backboard release was named that from Nike in their press release ie., the 1.0, 2.0 and women's, not the Halloween 1s. They just dropped in October and resellers put a name to it to hype up the price, IMO.
Maybe. I don’t know though, as I know I there’d be some “I was right” and some “I was wrong,” I feel like there’d also be a decent amount of “Nike/JB is just saying that to appease (fill in the blank), and therefore they’re not really SBBs” type of stuff. But who knows ultimately.

I’m personally of the mindset that if the SBB “3.0s” were amazing (just NON-patent Blk/Reds but with Starfish instead of red, and sail instead of white, like everyone wanted), no one would have a problem with or argue against them being called SBB 3.0s, regardless of whether they had SBB insoles, or if Nike/JB ever referred to them as SBBs or not.

what pair are you planning to reshape? I saw someone do this to a pair of LA to CHI and the shape was awesome.

Screenshot_20210302-103630_eBay.jpg

Damn that shape looks really good. The LA to Chis do that that kinda boxy high toebox - or maybe it's just my pair.
Wonder what'll happen to the purple paint if you try to reshape it with heat.

Damn that shape looks really good. The LA to Chis do that that kinda boxy high toebox - or maybe it's just my pair.
Wonder what'll happen to the purple paint if you try to reshape it with heat.
I was able to pick up a few pairs and there were definitely variances in the toebox shape

Out of this whole list only the Univ. Blue's and Shadow 2.0 interests me. (The Burgundy Crush just pisses me off). I like my Jordan 1's and Dunks simple. This constant pumping out of retro+ colorways in the OG High mold just confirms to me that we will only see OG colorways from now on in High '85 form. Which I'm perfectly ok with btw.

Only thing on this list I want are the Hyper Royals, and idk if I would pay resell for them. More than likely not. Pollens are cool but I already know the black leather gonna be nasty. Shadow 2.0s are dope too, but I barely wear my OG Shadows as it is. This is definitely a very weak year for 1s, especially compared to the last 5 years or so.

I’m personally of the mindset that if the SBB “3.0s” were amazing (just NON-patent Blk/Reds but with Starfish instead of red, and sail instead of white, like everyone wanted), no one would have a problem with or argue against them being called SBB 3.0s, regardless of whether they had SBB insoles, or if Nike/JB ever referred to them as SBBs or not.

I have to disagree with this simply because I think they are fire, and I still know they aren't 3.0s. I'm against them being called that simply because Nike, who made the shoe, who is aware of the Shattered Backboard theme, simply didn't include them in the series. Nike spends a lot of money on marketing, I'm sure that just wasn't a simple oversight, they in this to make money and hype products up to drive sales.

Last edited:
Only thing on this list I want are the Hyper Royals, and idk if I would pay resell for them. More than likely not. Pollens are cool but I already know the black leather gonna be nasty. Shadow 2.0s are dope too, but I barely wear my OG Shadows as it is. This is definitely a very weak year for 1s, especially compared to the last 5 years or so.

2018 was the peak..been going downhill ever since.

Back
Top Bottom