• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
OG AJKO’s had Vandal soles.
Release them that way or they 🗑.....

8E12D156-CFBE-43B1-B5D8-B261465D1CCF.jpeg

Just realized I never went back for the Bred colorway.. That mold issue was a big turnoff back then.

Last edited:
No need I don’t care about the hate for them. I really don’t even understand it. I just started wearing any AJ 1s last year. The shoe sucked back in the day to me and was always the distant cousin of air Jordans. Nobody really liked Jordan’s until the 3’s came out back in the day. What don’t you like about the Mids?

Bro, you might as well pour jelly all over yourself at this point.
6B0ABCB0-A504-49BC-83DE-34CA7F5EE2DC.gif

No need I don’t care about the hate for them. I really don’t even understand it. I just started wearing any AJ 1s last year. The shoe sucked back in the day to me and was always the distant cousin of air Jordans. Nobody really liked Jordan’s until the 3’s came out back in the day. What don’t you like about the Mids?

Wear what you like fam. If you like em and the aesthetic is pleasing for you, more power to you.

A lot of purist look down on mids because the shape varies from the original AJ1. I know you mentioned being newer to AJ1 collecting. For a long while JB only offered mids. We began getting highs again in around 08 around the CDP era. Since then the high has had several overhauls but we are the closest we have been to OG Jordan 1 high (depending on certain releases).

Mids usually have a lower resell value and are often overly branded (excessive jumpman etc). That turns off a lot of people who like the simplicity of the AJ1.

Like I said earlier if you like em more power to you but they are kinda looked at like the poor man's jordan 1.

Mids are my every day wears. 🤫
94146C5E-92D0-4ED4-9166-90DE058271E5.gif

Don’t trip, me too 😁
D4115713-4563-45EE-8025-458B1A8E6577.jpeg

I got a few mids in the tuck. I just talk **** in here cuz it’s funny. I use em for daily’s as well. Only rock heat when necessary or for pics for the forum. Wear what you like bro 👍🏽

Bonus pic:
My dog’s not a fan of mids either 😂
9079A48E-DD0B-42BF-878D-4CD2DB2D5C9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wear what you like fam. If you like em and the aesthetic is pleasing for you, more power to you.

A lot of purist look down on mids because the shape varies from the original AJ1. I know you mentioned being newer to AJ1 collecting. For a long while JB only offered mids. We began getting highs again in around 08 around the CDP era. Since then the high has had several overhauls but we are the closest we have been to OG Jordan 1 high (depending on certain releases).

Mids usually have a lower resell value and are often overly branded (excessive jumpman etc). That turns off a lot of people who like the simplicity of the AJ1.

Like I said earlier if you like em more power to you but they are kinda looked at like the poor man's jordan 1.
Yea I got out of collecting in 08 and never understood the ones mid vs high thing. Thanks for the explanation and taking the time to explain.

94146C5E-92D0-4ED4-9166-90DE058271E5.gif

Don’t trip, me too 😁
D4115713-4563-45EE-8025-458B1A8E6577.jpeg

I got a few mids in the tuck. I just talk **** in here cuz it’s funny. I use em for daily’s as well. Only rock heat when necessary or for pics for the forum. Wear what you like bro 👍🏽

Bonus pic:
My dog’s not a fan of mids either 😂
9079A48E-DD0B-42BF-878D-4CD2DB2D5C9E.jpeg
You got to save the heat for those special times 🙌🏽🙌🏽 Can’t be out here rocking unions everyday. Not at twenty one hundred for a new pair. Those mids union though are getting beat to sleep. 😂

Eh, idc about staying true to the OG, I think overall the design looks better with 1 soles. The vandal sole doesnt look bad though.
If I remember from the last batch of AJKOs people in this thread said the vandal soles were also bit more comfy than the regular AJ1 sole which is a plus for the vandal sole

Wear and enjoy whatever you like, bro. For instance, I love Jordan 13s. No little millennial nerd can convince me that they aren’t great, even though thats their consensus opinion.

If I remember from the last batch of AJKOs people in this thread said the vandal soles were also bit more comfy than the regular AJ1 sole which is a plus for the vandal sole

This may be a plus, AJ1 soles arent terrible but yeah they arent the plushiest either. Still wouldnt be an issue walking all day in them though, that being said yes if I knew I was walking all day on some tourist **** it def would not be my first choice in footwear. :lol:

Leaving on a trip today opened the box and I see this!!! Anyone know what it could be??? Used warm water but still had residue. Had to leave them behind :angry:

Attachments

• B92FB938-AEC4-4040-9DD8-3AEFB62F6DAC.jpeg
    B92FB938-AEC4-4040-9DD8-3AEFB62F6DAC.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 407
This may be a plus, AJ1 soles arent terrible but yeah they arent the plushiest either. Still wouldnt be an issue walking all day in them though, that being said yes if I knew I was walking all day on some tourist **** it def would not be my first choice in footwear. :lol:
Lol I hear you on the all day comfort! I’m usually fine with wearing AJ1s all day if I have time to chill here and there during the day.

I remember walking around NYC the whole damn day last year for one of my friend’s b-day. I thought I was doing it in my black/red 1s till night hit and me feet were aching. By the time I got back into Jersey I had to take my shoes off in da Uber

Back
Top Bottom