Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

I'm still out on these, mainly as a result of the completely sailed-out mid and outsoles, and because of the shiny nature of the upper, but I'm surious about the feel of the material used on the upper. Though it's shiny and looks like greezy, trash bag plastic, I wonder if actually is patent leather, is as stiff as patent leather, or if it indeed is soft-ish.

it the dark blue was black...
giphy.gif

I think I need thicker glasses. Everyone’s calling these unc so I thought they were the same color as unc.
I mean, we all refer to the UNC 1s as such, but technically they're Powder Blue. These are technically using University Blue, and I think we all know what university is being referenced, so I figured everyone caught my drift just calling it UNC blue.

Well whatever they are - they’re cool, but I see that papery looking leather in the pics so I’m probably out.

the leather actually looks straight, like the standard leather like that flyleather crap. That heel cup probably just creased but the rest of that uni-blue looks straight.

Speaking of regular leather, I think the Sports Illustrated was the last regular leather GR we had

I'm still out on these, mainly as a result of the completely sailed-out mid and outsoles, and because of the shiny nature of the upper, but I'm surious about the feel of the material used on the upper. Though it's shiny and looks like greezy, trash bag plastic, I wonder if actually is patent leather, is as stiff as patent leather, or if it indeed is soft-ish.

I'm thinking it will be on the soft side.

I'm thinking it will be on the soft side.
That's what I'm having a sneaking suspicion of. Like it's a soft-ish leather, that has a shiny and crackled look. If that's the case, again, while I'm still out regardless, I feel like it'll make them more attractive to people.

I don't think anyone was making that gif about skin color directly. I agree that we're all people, but it's naive to not recognize that we as people of different races/groups do different things at different proportions. Perfect example, if someone mentioned something about someone skydiving, base jumping, or bungie jumping, I'd genuinely be surprised if it was revealed that that said person was Black. Just being honest. For whatever reasons (could be opportunities, exposure to, lower percentage in relation to the entire US population in general, resources, cultural interests, and a host of other reasons I'm not mentioning or thinking of) we don't gravitate to such activities. That's not to say that we all don't, we haven't before, or we won't in the future. Hell, my brother has bungie jumped before. It's just a reality.

Everyone does things differently
To say those differences are based on said skin tone is 'naive'.
Cultural/environmental influences as you referenced. Thats it.

Anywho, already have my Powder Blues + Black Toes so those^ are an easy pass

the leather actually looks straight, like the standard leather like that flyleather crap. That heel cup probably just creased but the rest of that uni-blue looks straight.

Speaking of regular leather, I think the Sports Illustrated was the last regular leather GR we had

And those were one of the worst 1s I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom