Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Decided to pull the trigger so I could come to my own conclusions on this colorway. The "tumble" isnt as prevalent as it seems but still isnt a good look to me. I definitely dig the alternate laces more vs black on them. The toebox seems harder than fly leather. Definitely not as soft or pliable as one would expect with a remaster and significantly stiffer than the turbos. My biggest gripe is the tint. These would of looked amazing if the color really looked like this on all levels
IMG_20190412_133256.jpg

They definitely dont look like that in different lights, this image is saturated enough to give it that nice pink like on the year of the pig dunk

030988_01.jpg

Overall not a bad release but definitely not for me. Coulda been way better. I'll be boxing these up and returning them to Nike tomorrow.

20190417_200913.jpg
20190417_200909.jpg

Now we play the waiting game where a few will likely talk sh*t :rofl: d'ah well, no worries. I had to find out for myself. Now onto the yellow toes and if I can cop travis. Those are being kept on ice til I see how resell gets down the line.

Sidenote: QC dropped the ball hella on this release, check your pairs for missing threads

IMG_20190417_203545.jpg
blue denim with these are a big no. Gotta at least rock black denim.

I got zero problems with the black leather on the tints. None. But the tint leather or whatever they are calling on the toe is my only gripe. I'm gonna cop and decide later. Thanks @vinotwofour for the champs link. I was regretting not copping in vegas over the weekend.

blue denim with these are a big no. Gotta at least rock black denim.

I always mentally visualize all my outfits with my sneakers and how they mold with my personal style. Light denim could go well as well, olive for the pink & green complementary colors combo and the blue Jean's work well in my opinion, I have an olive colored tee on right now. This shade of pink is not to be matched with but made to stick out. I rock black when I want the kicks to just make the statement etc etc.

I go the sudeikis route most of the time with my kicks

Nothing matching but it works well all put together.

celebrity-sneaker-watch-jason-sudeikis-in-air-jordan-1-royal-3.jpg

Yellow on the trinity color blocking would be insane. I saw a pic of crimson tints scrolling through IG and I thought they were black/yellows and almost fell out of my seat thinking they were a leak. Anyone able to do a quick PS would be appreciated, I'd do it myself but I no longer have the software.
an NTer did a custom back in 2013...base was highlight reels, i believe.

the grouping was called the “holy foursome”

6578DB1B-19C5-43D7-9531-D2EA46DB2E3C.png

Decided to pull the trigger so I could come to my own conclusions on this colorway. The "tumble" isnt as prevalent as it seems but still isnt a good look to me. I definitely dig the alternate laces more vs black on them. The toebox seems harder than fly leather. Definitely not as soft or pliable as one would expect with a remaster and significantly stiffer than the turbos. My biggest gripe is the tint. These would of looked amazing if the color really looked like this on all levels
IMG_20190412_133256.jpg

They definitely dont look like that in different lights, this image is saturated enough to give it that nice pink like on the year of the pig dunk

030988_01.jpg

Overall not a bad release but definitely not for me. Coulda been way better. I'll be boxing these up and returning them to Nike tomorrow.

20190417_200913.jpg
20190417_200909.jpg

Now we play the waiting game where a few will likely talk sh*t :rofl: d'ah well, no worries. I had to find out for myself. Now onto the yellow toes and if I can cop travis. Those are being kept on ice til I see how resell gets down the line.

Sidenote: QC dropped the ball hella on this release, check your pairs for missing threads

IMG_20190417_203545.jpg

:smh:

I always mentally visualize all my outfits with my sneakers and how they mold with my personal style. Light denim could go well as well, olive for the pink & green complementary colors combo and the blue Jean's work well in my opinion, I have an olive colored tee on right now. This shade of pink is not to be matched with but made to stick out. I rock black when I want the kicks to just make the statement etc etc.

I go the sudeikis route most of the time with my kicks

Nothing matching but it works well all put together.

celebrity-sneaker-watch-jason-sudeikis-in-air-jordan-1-royal-3.jpg
That looks like what I wore today to go snowboarding lmao

20190417_215403.jpg

You’re talking to someone who wears olive pants w/ metallic navy’s lol. It’s like speaking to a wall.

You must be a matchy match kinda guy how does a dark blue, accent not go together with olive pants and white shoes :rofl: especially if the top is gray or white or like a blue obcd on brown skin

I’m 33 (turn 33 today to be exact), Black, grew up and still live in the “hood” (gentrification has definitely changed the “hood” for better and for worse, but that’s a different convo), but 1s have never been looked at like that here IMO. It’s more so how you carry yourself, and what other clothes you’re wearing how you’re wearing them. Me personally though, I ONLY wear sneakers. I own 3 pairs of dress shoes, that I’ve only worn when I was in my homeboy’s wedding party, and for job interviews in the past. In all my job positions I’ve worked in the tech and community spaces, and you can wear whatever you want, and my current position as a tech coordinator I can do the same. Hell, I wore 1s in my own wedding! Even when I held a position on a community council for the city, I wore sneakers. As long your stuff doesn’t look beat, you dress appropriately/clean, and you know how to articulate yourself and carry conversations, you’re good in the different spheres I’ve been fortunate to run in. So it’s not the shoes so much as it’s what’s around and with them IMO.

I'm probably violating some statute of limitations, being that this topic was discussed like 20 pages ago.. but I've been to some spots out here in Dallas where security specifically says "No Jordans" but Vans, Converse, etc make it in.. My boy walks in with 1s and has no issues. Can the average joe or non-sneakerhead actually tell the difference between 1s, dunks, or Killshots? Doubt it.
1s are versatile, I'm 40 and I can rock them to corporate events, happy hours, etc and be just fine.
Not sure why people are stereotyping based on kicks tho.. well, I guess we all really know, but anyways.

I dunno why people on NT are so against matching outfits... I mean it doesn't have to be matching from head to toe, but we all know royal blue doesn't compliment olive drab camo. Honestly when I see anyone wearing olive drab camo with something that isn't black white or earth toned I cringe inside a little.

I noticed these on Nike website today..... I know the purists won’t like them, but I sorta dig them.

Back
Top Bottom