Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That dude has truly turned into some kind of mythical monster in here. The Eater of OG's or some sht. Just blame Gentry for everything. Guess what? I heard he's what REALLY sank the Titanic! Truth is, nobody in here knows what's going on, but y'all just state stuff and repeat it like it's a fact. Just like the Flyleather nonsense that keeps being thrown around. Not one shred of evidence that this stuff is Flyleather, but one person said it, and everyone rolled with it. How about everybody back off the ledge until we actually know what we're getting?

What in the Hell are you even talking about? Gentry slander isn’t anything new on this site. During his last run a **** Gentry comment was just as common as Henz0 with the :stoneface:

I haven't worn my 2016 pair as much, but I hope the re-release this year.
As long as they have the OG sole, then its a definite cop.

IMG_1417 2.JPG

What in the Hell are you even talking about? Gentry slander isn’t anything new on this site. During his last run a **** Gentry comment was just as common as Henz0 with the :stoneface:

I've been around here awhile, so I'm well aware. Dudes are in here with conspiracy theories for stuff Gentry wasn't even with the brand for any more, and on top of that freaking out and blaming him for sht that hasn't even happened yet. It's ridiculous.

Yellow on the trinity color blocking would be insane. I saw a pic of crimson tints scrolling through IG and I thought they were black/yellows and almost fell out of my seat thinking they were a leak. Anyone able to do a quick PS would be appreciated, I'd do it myself but I no longer have the software.

Adidas didnt overtake JB because JB failed, Adidas had their little moment in the sun because of boost and Kanye. Period.

You make it sound like Gentrys absence is why JB slipped under adidas. You need to understand that in 2015 the remastered campaign kicked off the resurgence and sparked the sneaker wave we see today. Jordans are and will always be the foundation of that. But occasionally the market gets bored and gravitates to the new hype. This time it was Kanye. If Kanye went to Puma youd have seen the same thing. All adidas did was say yes to what nike said no to, including boost. None of this had anything to do with Gentry, unless Gentry was the one who rejected Kanye. Gentry was responsible for the initial downfall. Hes the whole reason JB had to come up with the remastered campaign in the first place. He left them with a horrible image of overpriced cheap materials, horrible alterations, and no attention to comfort. Despite a clear consumer preference for Nike Air, he himself kept it off. His ideas are stupid and always the wrong move. Now hes back and we;re suddenly seeing the worst line up of 1s ever. Gentry generates trash. Always has always will. And its all because of his issue with OGs. And being stupid doesnt help.

They brought him back because they were tired of success. His incompetence is no secret. If I had to bet on an actual reason Id have to go with blackmail. He has dirt on someone important. Or simply JB decided to take it back a few notches on the quality after getting everyone back on board with the remastereds. No one does cheap better than Gentry. Either way, his presence is straight up disrespect to the long time enthusiasts.

Ppl forget quickly and easily. Jordan brand was going downward before Gentry left. 100%.

Go look at the Black Toe 1's, the 2013's. We're getting back to that quality in 1's again. Shadows put us forward last year. Now we've gone back.

Ppl will accept half a** materials as 'top of the line' because the price says so or the guy hollerin' at them on their favorite youtube channel says so.

would yall still cop if it had the same black leather as the crimson tints?

Beaters-say-what??

I have few pair of the Celtics 1s and missed pinetoes because I was out of the country so in for pairs ... mediocre excution/sus material just means I will **** out the pair i get

Decided to pull the trigger so I could come to my own conclusions on this colorway. The "tumble" isnt as prevalent as it seems but still isnt a good look to me. I definitely dig the alternate laces more vs black on them. The toebox seems harder than fly leather. Definitely not as soft or pliable as one would expect with a remaster and significantly stiffer than the turbos. My biggest gripe is the tint. These would of looked amazing if the color really looked like this on all levels
IMG_20190412_133256.jpg

They definitely dont look like that in different lights, this image is saturated enough to give it that nice pink like on the year of the pig dunk

030988_01.jpg

Overall not a bad release but definitely not for me. Coulda been way better. I'll be boxing these up and returning them to Nike tomorrow.

20190417_200913.jpg
20190417_200909.jpg

Now we play the waiting game where a few will likely talk sh*t :rofl: d'ah well, no worries. I had to find out for myself. Now onto the yellow toes and if I can cop travis. Those are being kept on ice til I see how resell gets down the line.

Sidenote: QC dropped the ball hella on this release, check your pairs for missing threads

IMG_20190417_203545.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of what ever happens to the kicks in the city guy?.... maze I think

he was on complex for a while for "Full Size Run" then he left for another job and had a small stint for another sneaker show but that show died out. He just chillin rn based on his tweets lol.

Overall not a bad release but definitely not for me. Coulda been way better. I'll be boxing these up and returning them to Nike tomorrow.

Yep. Considering returning my pair as well. Idk if I wanna keep them for awhile to see if value goes up, or if I should just give them back to Nike asap.

Either way I really don't want them :lol: disappointed

Back
Top Bottom