Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Unions look like your mom pulled them out the trash and sewed them back together to surprise you

Isn't that kind of what they were going for though?

Chris Gibbs, owner of Union Los Angeles, combined his love of weathered, vintage finds with a general muse — someone who’s been wearing Air Jordan 1s for a long time and goes out of his or her way to repair them.

Full article

99.99%? Yup, these have surpassed the SBB as the most overrated 1 of all time. Didn't think that would ever happen.

I'm including all sneakers in existence, not just Jordans, and definitely not just AJ1s. The point is, Unions imo are certified great, and my personal favorite sneaker of 2018.

Anyway, SBB can't be the most overrated 1 of all time since Fra .... never mind, I don't want to start WW III. Haha.

Unions cool but let’s not just off the ledge. They are a cool twist on like 4 classic colorways. I’d still take the OGs long term over any of those.

Unions/ Off Whites/ NFRs will all be looked back on as fads. It’s 2017/2018 version galaxy’s/ etc.

I still think they will be cool to look at in the future but to say better than 99.9% of sneakers is ridiculous.

I'm terms of quality and craftmanship , bring back that 1985 mold. Air Jordan 1s soles are starting to resemble Air Force 1s.

LL-1.jpg
The 2017s look so close to the 85s in that pic

Unions cool but let’s not just off the ledge. They are a cool twist on like 4 classic colorways. I’d still take the OGs long term over any of those.

Unions/ Off Whites/ NFRs will all be looked back on as fads. It’s 2017/2018 version galaxy’s/ etc.

I still think they will be cool to look at in the future but to say better than 99.9% of sneakers is ridiculous.

I disagree that Unions will be looked at as a fad. It's gonna be up there with the OGs because it simply is one of the best Jordan 1 collabs ever (in my opinion and I believe the general consensus believes this as well).

Agreed.

Lol

Man them ****s would've sat if made a gr and we wouldn't be talking about them now

Totally.

Doesn’t make it less true. If unions were made in concord numbers, hell maybe even just made in Sports Illustrated 1s numbers most people wouldn’t even put them near their top 3 list.

Doubly true

Unions are dope but honestly. I'd put any og colorway and a few retro+ colorways over them. I have black tongue black toes and storm blue. That gets the job done and now I'm just patiently waiting for a neutral gray.

They're honestly kind of unnecessary if I'm being honest. That's me saying that with no salt. But I'm one of those guys who is trying to kill repition of colorways in my collection.

vcs0wpd7f4z11.jpg

Last edited:
Storm blues , sport royals, frags & royals for that matter aren’t all that either imo but I just don’t like certain blue shades on 1’s cuz unc’s(not offwhite) are dope

I do agree with this sentiment when it comes to the OWs and the NFR. But I personally don't think so for the Unions. Sure, both Unions are fusions of 2 different colorways, uniquely stitched across the middle IMO, but also IMO the shoes are pretty simple nonetheless. The OWs have a lot going on aesthetically, and the NFRs, while not as much comparitively, have that (IMO) obnoxious writing all over them. The Galaxy Foams have both the fact that foams in general are not as popular as they once were, and that the fact that they're covered in a crazy/unique galaxy print along with having a glow in the dark sole, working against them. In say, 10 years, I can see zip ties, super deconstructed details, writing/text all over a shoe, and other shoe related things, being looked at as fads. But a unique, yet relatively simple, and not even that standout-ish IMO, pair of Jordan 1s will still be dope.

:lol: Whoever said that had to have been speaking in hyperbole. I love my Unions, but naw. IMO they're not even better than my Blk/Reds, Royals, Shadows, UNCs, Chis, Kentuckys, Nigels, some others that escape me at the moment, and that's just bringing 1s into the equation. That doesn't mention some of my 3s, 4s, Dunk SBs, and others. Just wow.

Unions are dope but honestly. I'd put any og colorway and a few retro+ colorways over them. I have black tongue black toes and storm blue. That gets the job done and now I'm just patiently waiting for a neutral gray.

They're honestly kind of unnecessary if I'm being honest. That's me saying that with no salt. But I'm one of those guys who is trying to kill repition of colorways in my collection.

vcs0wpd7f4z11.jpg

This X 100. I’m just like u I own storm blues and have had several pairs of black toes. Unions are a cool twist though.

The nice thing about the OG color-way is it doesn’t date you back to a specific period in fashion.

I don’t think anyone is Ian bashing the union lovers crowd (they very well may be one of the “cooler” shoes of 2018). We just ain’t jumping off a bridge to say they are better than 99.9% of shoes out there.

Being honest the base shoes for both unions actually sat last time they were retro’d, black toes spiked in price like 1.5 years back and it caught a lot of ppl off guard. Long time 1 followers will all tell you the Storms hit around 100 bucks on city blue within days after release because the demand just wasn’t there.

Union did a cool remix but the name/ limited number of pairs available/ increased hype/ FOMO has some dudes unnecessarily putting unions on a petastool that some of us know just isn’t real.

If JB ever released those denim pinnacles I’d easily take those over the unions...
However I’m still not putting them over 99.9% of kicks lol.

Nike earnings beat but goidance pretty weak.. no faith in bred4?? Thought they would have beat for a lot due to concords and infrared 6s... guess not..

7340DE85-4F02-4C79-96A3-B8DB5F001F4A.gif

vcs0wpd7f4z11.jpg

Huh.... I did I just read. Thread was in motion and all of a sudden some hieroglyphic hit the thread!!!

Back
Top Bottom