Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Calling variant Chi 1s "Spider-Man/Miles Morales 1s" is as bizarre as that former Sesame Street writer declaring Bert and Ernie gay. But I'll be dammed if Sony/Marvel/Disney & Jordan Brand actually collab.

Even if they don't explicitly call these "Spider-Man" 1s, the details just seem way to coincidental. The previews/posters have made it a point to show off the fact that Miles Morales rocks the Jordan 1 Chicagos. And then JB plans on releasing, around the time the movie comes out or just after, a pair of Chis, with blue/red tag (which everyone knows as Spider-Man's colors), with a texture on at least the red overlay that looks akin to the texture on Spider-Man's suit? If these have absolutely nothing to do with Spider-Man (on an internal level, though it might not ever be acknowledged by JB or Sony or Marvel) that would be the craziest coincidence ever. So Sony just happens to promote/release a Spider-Man movie where they keep showing that the main character wears the Chicago 1s, and around the same time, JB just happens to release, what I'm sure will be limited to some degree, a Chicago 1, w/ a red/blue Spider-Man-esque colored tongue tag that otherwise has nothing to do with the rest of the colors on the entire shoe? I'm calling BS if JB, Sony, or Marvel try to say these have no connection to Spider-Man. Now I just need to make sure I grab a pair.

Got my Chicago's lol super pumped for this
Yeah I'm with you on this one. I'm catching this movie day 1 in my Chicagos (which I for some reason don't wear all that much, and I NEVER see anyone wearing them).
On a related note, I was looking at this image and it also looks like the swoosh has some type of shiny/patent leather material around the edges of it. Having the Chicagos already in Crippled DS condition (worn but not walked in obviously), I'm down for a pair of Chicagos with some tweaks. Don't need to be redundant and get an exact copy.
IMG_8693.jpg

Even if they don't explicitly call these "Spider-Man" 1s, the details just seem way to coincidental. The previews/posters have made it a point to show off the fact that Miles Morales rocks the Jordan 1 Chicagos. And then JB plans on releasing, around the time the movie comes out or just after, a pair of Chis, with blue/red tag (which everyone knows as Spider-Man's colors), with a texture on at least the red overlay that looks akin to the texture on Spider-Man's suit? If these have absolutely nothing to do with Spider-Man (on an internal level, though it might not ever be acknowledged by JB or Sony or Marvel) that would be the craziest coincidence ever. So Sony just happens to promote/release a Spider-Man movie where they keep showing that the main character wears the Chicago 1s, and around the same time, JB just happens to release, what I'm sure will be limited to some degree, a Chicago 1, w/ a red/blue Spider-Man-esque colored tongue tag that otherwise has nothing to do with the rest of the colors on the entire shoe? I'm calling BS if JB, Sony, or Marvel try to say these have no connection to Spider-Man. Now I just need to make sure I grab a pair.

Exactly. Whether they come out and say it or not, these are definitely because of the movie. The signs are all there. I'm hyped for these with the alterations because of the movie. So in.

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I'm catching this movie day 1 in my Chicagos (which I for some reason don't wear all that much, and I NEVER see anyone wearing them).
On a related note, I was looking at this image and it also looks like the swoosh has some type of shiny/patent leather material around the edges of it. Having the Chicagos already in Crippled DS condition (worn but not walked in obviously), I'm down for a pair of Chicagos with some tweaks. Don't need to be redundant and get an exact copy.
IMG_8693.jpg

Sorta reminds me of Ben-Day dots. Could just be reading too much into it though

Back
Top Bottom