Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMO, these for $95 last week were >>>> Nigels

20180902_121429.jpg

One of the best things about wearing 1s is how they change over time through wear. They're damn near perfection when new - crisp, clean lines and styling, and they have a really sharp shape to them. Then, over time all of that wears down, but the shoes take on a completely different character. The toebox flattens and wrinkles, side panels and heel crease, maybe even some scuffs, and they become one of the very few sneakers that still look great once they're beaters.

But trying to combine the clean build of a brand new 1 with the markings of a beater makes the whole thing incongruent. If intended as an art piece (like a comment on old & new at once), I'd get it, but as a wearable style piece I think it just looks, well... bad.

Still disappointed my man @theltrain wasn't able to get them, tho.

Any idea on Pine Green/Court Purple numbers? I see high preorder prices so I reckon smth like the Bred Toes?

20180902_121429.jpg

One of the best things about wearing 1s is how they change over time through wear. They're damn near perfection when new - crisp, clean lines and styling, and they have a really sharp shape to them. Then, over time all of that wears down, but the shoes take on a completely different character. The toebox flattens and wrinkles, side panels and heel crease, maybe even some scuffs, and they become one of the very few sneakers that still look great once they're beaters.

But trying to combine the clean build of a brand new 1 with the markings of a beater makes the whole thing incongruent. If intended as an art piece (like a comment on old & new at once), I'd get it, but as a wearable style piece I think it just looks, well... bad.

These are trash too

20180902_121429.jpg

Agree on this being a great shoe. Sure, not a classic. But I love blue, and I love the materials. Double upped for under $200.

Agree on this being a great shoe. Sure, not a classic. But I love blue, and I love the materials. Double upped for under $200.

And you’ll probably never wear the second pair. Hell, you probably won’t touch the first pair much either.

i always laugh at the what about isms with the celeb collabs. "If his name wasn't attached". same thing w the travis af1. I'd love for some shoes i want to buy not to have a celeb attach to it so they can sit and i can cop w ease.

I passed on the hyper royals even at $78 shipped
Couldn’t pull the trigger
They soldout pretty quick
I believe there was a FSR
But congrats to all that copped
$78 shipped is a great price!

i always laugh at the what about isms with the celeb collabs. "If his name wasn't attached". same thing w the travis af1. I'd love for some shoes i want to buy not to have a celeb attach to it so they can sit and i can cop w ease.

i wish those levi 4s werent levis and just a regular GR.

Back
Top Bottom