Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Nah lol those are trash. The funny thing is white leather shoes don't get yellow like that over time. The rubber oxidizes like that but leather just gets more dingy and sail.
Actually, I coach little league, and that’s how my shoes look after some jogs around the bases. So I could see a similar effect from a dirt bike track. (Reaching....)

I’d buy them if I could find them for the right price, but I do agree that I’d probably butcher the look. Or maybe they’d go perfect with my standard “aged skateboarder chic”....

"No where near as cool" is an opinion. Everyone has different taste, bro. Calling the Navy metallics "legitimate classics" is an opinion. I personally hate them, all of the metallic series. I don't care when they release, and it doesn't puzzle me when people buy them. Now the Nigel's are a cool concept to me, haven't seen them in person yet though, but they are certainly better than the metallic series, TO ME.

FIrst of all, what!? How!? At least theres a legitimate reason someone could hate the nigels. Heck, if I was a kid and I wanted the Nigels my parents would both look at me crazy like "you want me to pay 195 bucks for some dirty *** kicks? Nah son"

From this angle you could really appreciate the beauty of this shoe

20180901_231704.jpg

Like a classic car waiting to be restored.

Ok...i can still state my opinion on a shoe as much as I want in the forum. What puzzles me is people criticized the game royals and other fantastic colorways and those pairs sat but these nigels sold out like instantly and they're not even nowhere near as cool. There are dudes who literally won't buy legitimate classics for retail(navy met etc) but will pay above retail for the nigels. The hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

slim... u way too invested in what folk want to spend they cheese on...>D

Out of all the gimmicks Nike/ Jordan has done, successfully building hype around and selling out pre-doo doo stained kicks is the most impressive act of sorcery they’ve done in a while. Jordan brand is back on top y’all. :pimp:

Do you know who Nigel Sylvester is?

You can tell in this topic who aren't familiar with SB's. So they aren't familiar with themes.

You can tell in this topic who aren't familiar with SB's. So they aren't familiar with themes.

I dont care who Nigel Sylvester is, it doesn’t matter to me who they’re affiliated with. These are still brand new sneakers that come already looking yellowed and trashed.
If his name wasn’t attached to them and they were a GR, would ANYONE have wanted them? Let’s be real: NO. But Nike pulled it off. You gotta give them credit for successfuly selling these.

I dont care who Nigel Sylvester is, it doesn’t matter to me who they’re affiliated with. These are still brand new sneakers that come already looking yellowed and trashed.
If his name wasn’t attached to them and they were a GR, would ANYONE have wanted them? Let’s be real: NO. But Nike pulled it off. You gotta give them credit for successfuly selling these.

Next you're gonna say no one wants distressed jeans

If the scuffs had been rubber scuffs I think it woulda been a better look and woulda made more sense.

Still hard to save that yellow-y leather

All you had to do was answer no. You don't know who Nigel Sylvester is. You don't know about SB's.

It's easy just to slap some colors on a sneaker and have another color way.

So you don't get it and why some people like it or why It is that way.

Nike has been doing distressed sneakers for a long time. it's why they release kicks in jean material, so it can be distressed.

All you had to do was answer no. You don't know who Nigel Sylvester is. You don't know about SB's.

It's easy just to slap some colors on a sneaker and have another color way.

So you don't get it and why some people like it or why It is that way.

Nike has been doing distressed sneakers for a long time. it's why they release kicks in jean material, so it can be distressed.

I think a lot of people know what SBs are lol the keyword here is "can be" distressed. I'm all for a vintage worn look but manufactured scuffs? Nah, I don't think many people would of bought if the name wasn't attached.
SBs come out new and the wearer is supposed to wreck em cuz there's usually a layer to be revealed or some cool **** happens.

It’s not about knowing who Nigel Sylvester is or even caring about the theme. For some including myself, the shoes have to look good to wear. They look terrible and I could care less about some “theme” for shoes if I don’t like em enough to wear them

I missed out,struck out, etc on a shoe that almost nobody wanted, and most are only out to flip.
I guess I’m getting too old for this nonsense, I’m really turned off to shoes now.
I'm right there with you. I'm starting to miss out on releases and I actually don't mind it haha. Money saved and I can focus on other things.

Back
Top Bottom