Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Who knows? The climate can definitely play a part. I’m in South Florida, so maybe the extreme humidity has helped lol. Haven’t worn the shadows yet thinking it was the box the whole time smh. After reading these responses I’m going to undeadstock those soon, and hopefully they’ll pull thru lol. Regardless it’s a bad look, and Jordan brand needs to correct this.
I’m in the Philippines where the humidity is also high. My Black/Reds are kept in the original box in a dark closet, which I wear somewhat regularly. The black panels on my pair have some glitter on them as well.

Interestingly enough, my 2016 Premium Essentials (aka Yin-Yang) Black/White-Black pair have no glitter what-so-ever. Not sure if those fall under “remastered” or not, but they are my beaters that been worn though typhoons.

C3B58F14-9157-48C4-951B-057BA1402CAA.jpeg
Nvm just came in. WOW

I just wanna know if the glitter deteriorates the shoe over time, or is it just a layer of stuff that eventually ends

I will never hit on an online raffle lol congrats to any members on here who do. I need two pairs of the nigels.

My bank did the same thing and soon as I hit Y the email came in.

then your card probably didn't decline, just sending you a courtesy text that a specific amount charge was made. AMEX sends me those texts but doesn't decline

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? There aren’t any differences in cost to getting an accurate mold, shape or correct colors. The gymnastics in reasoning some of you guys do is downright embarrassing. The truth is JB is both lazy and incompetent.

Isn’t it ironic how the guys who are in charge of the Air Max line were able to recreate the Air Max 1 to its exact specifications (mold/ shape/ materials)? There was a video where they explained how the shoe had moved so far from the original and that they listened to the community. Air Max 1’s were still a strong selling model for Nike before the AM 1 Anniversary dropped, so Nike didn’t have to do anything. The difference is they listened to the consumer and made the much needed changes to that shoe.

Then why did they choose to use the 94 mold instead of the 85? Do you really think they don't know and are just lazy? I don't claim to know which is why I said IMO, i just assume that there are cost factors (cuts, machining, labor, templates etc.) We know that saving a few cents for these companies means millions over hundreds of thousands of shoes.

The only thing the improved on the AM1 was the toe box shape, it wasn't an exact replica of the 87. They just stopped the toe box from dropping off to being more rounded. Even that wasn't true to the original.

airmax1want.jpg

rsufqhdcs3do4ijdhn4e.jpg

AM1s were going on clearance, they sold but the didn't sell at retail or close to it. They made the changes because they knew it would improve sales. The toe box was the quickest, easiest fix with the least cost to nike and it proved to be right.

Back
Top Bottom