Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Anyone know how to save my Jordan 1 breds? I think they're molding on the side panel

IMG_20180830_185914.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296760510492311552/484859922757058560/IMG_20180830_185914.jpg

just checked my breds that I've only worn once and they had a glitter patch. gave it a quick scrub with jason mark and then wiped with a microfiber cloth and a got a bunch of red dye transfer from the swoosh. :smh:
if you got remasters with black panels stashed you might just wanna wear them. they are just going to deteriorate in storage.

If you don’t wear these remastered 1’s that have black leather it’s over. RIP if you’ve kept them in the box. Once the glitter appears you can clean them, however the glitter will return and get worse. I’ve tried Jason Mark and Crep. The pairs I’ve worn and kept in a drop front box are good.

are the remastered 1s with black leather panel just made poorly? the glitter seems to be a common problem only on remastered 1s

I just feel bad for all the collectors out there.

I guess they can just sell them when the next retros come out

If you don’t wear these remastered 1’s that have black leather it’s over. RIP if you’ve kept them in the box. Once the glitter appears you can clean them, however the glitter will return and get worse. I’ve tried Jason Mark and Crep. The pairs I’ve worn and kept in a drop front box are good.
Box doesn't matter

Box has zero to do with it. Mine are in drop fronts and I’ve worn them all. Still happens.
All you can do is wipe it off, I still am happy with the meguiars wipes.

I agree the box doesn’t matter, but I feel that the people that wear their shoes are less affected than the ones who don’t (imo). Obviously there’s going to be some exceptions.

And when I say worn, I mean worn several times. Not just once or twice for an hour

How will that help? This would actually be hurting them. Despite if you purchase or not there are some people who purchase every release, every Saturday.

Those people are few and far in between, fam. The very vast majority of people can’t afford to drop $190+ on sneakers every weekend. What has happened is that most retros went from somewhat aspirational products that dropped every now and then to products that people became mostly unwilling to drop retail on because they knew the can wait for discounts.

Box has zero to do with it. Mine are in drop fronts and I’ve worn them all. Still happens.
All you can do is wipe it off, I still am happy with the meguiars wipes.
Interesting. I assumed it was the box, because out of 3 pairs of Breds the pair I wore day 1 has shown zero signs of residue. The other 2 pairs were in the box for about a year, and were done when I checked them smh. I cleaned them and the residue would be back within a day or two. My pair of Royals still good as well. Maybe some pairs have slightly different leather?

I agree the box doesn’t matter, but I feel that the people that wear their shoes are less affected than the ones who don’t (imo). Obviously there’s going to be some exceptions.

And when I say worn, I mean worn several times. Not just once or twice for an hour
QFT. My pairs that are still good fall into this category. I believe I undeadstocked them day 1

Nice theory, but my worn pairs kept in the clear boxes still have glitter. My guess is that it has to do with the regional climate/environment.

Despite what others believe, there’s absolutely zero solutions.

Last edited:
Nice theory, but my worn pairs kept in the clear boxes still have glitter. My guess is that it has to do with the regional climate/environment.

Despite what others believe, there’s absolutely zero solutions.
Who knows? The climate can definitely play a part. I’m in South Florida, so maybe the extreme humidity has helped lol. Haven’t worn the shadows yet thinking it was the box the whole time smh. After reading these responses I’m going to undeadstock those soon, and hopefully they’ll pull thru lol. Regardless it’s a bad look, and Jordan brand needs to correct this.

Back
Top Bottom