Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Where in tokyo? good price? I'm heading out there at the end of the month, last time I went prices were bananas.

they're way more expensive there at consignment shops than here the last time i went back (December 2014). They had GRs reselling for 350+ USD. Better off buying in the states.

This ain't consignment joint, they're a used stores called 'mode-off' one in Ueno and forgot the other ones.. Google will get you there I swear.. but as for mine I guess I was just at the right place at the right time.. swear to God I almost didn't picked it up as I've never seen a pair of 2001 Breds myself and scared they might be fakes... Thank God for Internet...try look out for Mita sneakers shop as well around Ueno.. seen all star 1 GS for retail but didn't like it so I passed.. good luck [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Last edited:
Can someone direct me to some flat white laces for 1's? I went to go lace my UNC's up so I could slip em on and unds them to celebrate and forgot that one shoe is missing the laces.

I guess that's postponed them blue laces not flying with me lol.

Last edited:
I feel like Off White havn´t earned their stripes yet to get a collab on a Jordan 1 in a classic colorway.. don´t give these opportunitys to every hyped designer, be selective with that.

I wanna agree with you really bad but I think Nike doesn't care as much anymore. Look at those V-Lone AF1s that dropped a couple weeks back. V-Lone is still a really new brand they've already got an AF1 based on moreso who's involved rather than what they've done in the fashion industry.

I'd say Off-white is the same way. Hell Just-Don is basically just as young as Off-white/ Pyrex and they had a collab almost 2 years ago.

***** stay attracting basic hypebeast chicks loool

Anyways I was thinking on doing a simple vlog on the concept of retro 1's and want to feature some of NY's NT Fam. I should have some free time this weekend and I need some content on my YT channel
I ain't tryna ninja hood myself and get roasted ten years from now over a video :lol:

approximately how many years can 1's sit in the closet DS and not have any problems when you finally take them out to wear them?

Worst you'll get is some discoloration of the midsole/uppers depending on color and possible sole separation. That won't even be that bad since it's stitched. Really depends on the environment you store them in. Hard to give a def timeframe, but many years at least.

are we talking many like 5? 10?

like you can't wear a DS pair from 1984 today... what year do you guys think you would be able to wear

would a DS pair from 2001 still be good to go today?

Last edited:
you can 100% wear a pair from '85 today, matter of fact I bought a pair last night and I'm going to wear the **** outta them...... 1's are tanks unless the uppers are trashed and/or the outsoles are worn through. then all you have to do is a swap and you're golden.

I wanna agree with you really bad but I think Nike doesn't care as much anymore. Look at those V-Lone AF1s that dropped a couple weeks back. V-Lone is still a really new brand they've already got an AF1 based on moreso who's involved rather than what they've done in the fashion industry.

I'd say Off-white is the same way. Hell Just-Don is basically just as young as Off-white/ Pyrex and they had a collab almost 2 years ago.

I think Adidas' many collabs have changed Nike's approach as well. Nike never had nearly the amount of collabs 10 years ago as they do today. In a way, this makes a lot of sense-it probably costs much less to design and produce a collab sneaker that they know will sell vs developing and producing a new sneaker (including new tooling, etc.) that they are unsure of, in terms of sales. Plus collab sneakers essentially market themselves.

you can 100% wear a pair from '85 today, matter of fact I bought a pair last night and I'm going to wear the **** outta them...... 1's are tanks unless the uppers are trashed and/or the outsoles are worn through. then all you have to do is a swap and you're golden.

Do you think 1s will last 100 years? I might leave some DS pairs for my descendants.

approximately how many years can 1's sit in the closet DS and not have any problems when you finally take them out to wear them?
At least 30 years.

like you can't wear a DS pair from 1984 today... what year do you guys think you would be able to wear

would a DS pair from 2001 still be good to go today?
You definitely can wear original pairs nowadays. My 01's don't get much burn and when I do break them out, they look like I just got them. Last year I handed down a pair of Chicago 94's to my little cousin (they were a youth 5.5) that I had worn back in 94 a handful of times. They practically looked brand new, no discoloration at all. He put them on and was good to go with no problems.

You'll be fine if your contemplating storing a pair in a time capsule. Just make sure you do your homework and store them in the best environment so they look good when you decide to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom