Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Its crazy how when I was younger I was willing to spend more money on a pair of kicks than I am now when I actually can afford it. Maybe its also due to the fact that 8-10 years ago 300+ you get you a grail status shoe. Now kids are paying 300+ for GRs that released a year ago. Either way i was never "retail or bust" because i spent a significant amount of years collecting shoes that had come out years prior and not too focused on releases which were spread out much further apart anyway back then. but i definitely had a range i was willing to pay back then and it capped at 350 for shoes i really wanted and were worth alittle more. I wouldnt dream of paying that for a pair sneakers anymore though. As much love as i have for them i cant justify paying paying 300 on the low end and 1000+ on the high end for kicks that will get close to zero wear. just cant do it. props to some of you cats though. although my priorities have changed i have always been a fan of the 1s from the beginning and im low key jealous of all the iterations of the silhouette some of you guys have 

I understand where they are coming from but there is only so much I can do the Chicagos I put in thee raffles out of the four stores that were getting them and Hare didn't mind paying the much I got them for because I got to choose my tongues. Plus my internet does not have the best speed. Most of the people in the Jordan 1 thread are probably Late 20 to early 40s who have established careers and have the more funds to spend the amount for these OG 1s and Retro OGs You guys should be impressed that a 20 year old works hard enough to at least afford a pair (how much shoes are going for on the secondary market) and not going out and stealing others shoes.
First part in bold exactly [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji] respect Sak. I swear I'm tired of beefing with mofos in here just because I love to eat at retail and no more so yes I'm Captain Retail or Bust and proud of it. So while yall crying/hesitating on jumping ship on/ saving money for resell I will be chillin poolside like I've been doing all summer with my retail pair on sippin on my favorite drink typing and laughing as always

So you got those Gym Red 1s on your IG for retail?

The reason your "beefing" is because you won't shut up about that 8 pairs of shoes you got at retail when there are other dudes in here that have over 100 pairs of kicks they copped at retail.

I'm 21 and just bought Frags.

Not hustling hard enough then.

I use the word hustling loosely for working full time then a few odd jobs for some supplemental income. Not hard to make up the extra scratch

This was for a post on 1709...didn't notice the extra page of bickering. Oh well

Last edited:
Anyone hoping that they release the black pinnacles on ndc since they release the clothes collection , and the Marvin the Martian 7s.

What the hell happen today and yest? Jeez can't we all be friends.... And who got those dabs pass it this way

I'm 21 and just bought Frags.

Not hustling hard enough then.

I use the word hustling loosely for working full time then a few odd jobs for some supplemental income. Not hard to make up the extra scratch

This was for a post on 1709...didn't notice the extra page of bickering. Oh well
laugh.gif
I repped you too.

You made a good point about dudes not hustling hard enough.

And if I'm not mistaken, you're younger than the 2 trolls who keep talkin reckless so don't even pay them no mind.

Glad you finally got your pair
nthat.gif
i feel like "hustling" isn't the right word. Almost as if shoes are the end game. but if youre doing your thing and youve got some extra cash throw on some shoes props to you bro you're in a better spot than a lot of people your age
nthat.gif

for me its not a matter of whether or not i can afford it, it just as i got older i started associating prices with different things, like 1k will get you a round trip airfare to Paris, or a good portion of  a week at an all inclusive spot in the Caribbean somewhere. Just can't see myself doing it.

frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds

No you're right it's not the best word. I was at the goal price a few times and chose to go blow money on other stuff like vacations and dates and stuff like that.

I figure if I put buying these on hold for a few years of never get em. You have to be young and naive to think blowing a grand on sneakers is an ok thing to do.

^I'm behind in my Shipyard payment. I admit I'm hooked on the Yeezys, I shouldn't be...you know where to find me on 22nd. Happy to help with the mortgage or consider a wedding gift haha.

I have SBB and I have most of the other ones I need to have everything else is kinda gravy until some other OGs get retro'ed

I wanted fragments more than those other shoes and I am in the position that I can afford it.

I guess the only problem is I won't be able to cop a blue tupac jersey for the first day of class.

I was just giving an example of Quality that was a decent price. Also was the third statement was really needed I wasn't trying to offend you I was stating my opinion on what I could have gotten with the money, you tried the sneak diss but you could have said "I respect you opinion" and leave it at that.

P.S. The shirt was Black, with Red and White in it.

I think it's time for you to stop posting on NT for good

Come on y'all! We are all fams in here.

We all have the same love for the shoes whether someone paid retail or resale, as long as we are happy with what we got, it's all good.

It shouldn't matter what the other man spent; post on feet pics, collections, links (if any pop back up), and set-ups[emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
Ikr :smh: Jordan 1s thread stay hating

I understand where they are coming from but there is only so much I can do the Chicagos I put in thee raffles out of the four stores that were getting them and Hare didn't mind paying the much I got them for because I got to choose my tongues. Plus my internet does not have the best speed. Most of the people in the Jordan 1 thread are probably Late 20 to early 40s who have established careers and have the more funds to spend the amount for these OG 1s and Retro OGs. You guys should be impressed that a 20 year old works hard enough to at least afford a pair (how much shoes are going for on the secondary market) and not going out and stealing others shoes.

No one is impressed. You are considered an adult. You should have been working years ago instead of sitting on a website complaining about how you don't work or how lil you make to take advantage of nice people on here and cry for 2 months til someone helped you out on a pair of shoes which IMO you don't deserve.

You got your shoes, just stop posting now. For some reason people liked you before but now it's clear you annoy every single person on this website. Please stop

Back
Top Bottom