Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So no new on if the Black Gold in september is the US release of the China one or a different one. Sure hope its a different one 

But are they really? Im thinkin about goin after 1.

For a collector yes, but for a pair to wear, then

EDIT: worded this wrong. You can wear it but you might need to restore it a little. Paint has for sure got to be chipped and there would have to be some restoration but still overall, wearable.

a good investment when it came out. not as much anymore

lol yeah but this is what I'm trying to say. Out of all the Jordan shoes, which models could still be worn after 20 years and still be in good condition, heck lower that down to maybe even 10 or 5 years. The IIIs, IVs, Vs, VIs, VIIs, VIIIs have midsoles that all eventually crumble or crack, etc. The IIs, IXs, and Xs are not that popular at all with a few exceptions. XIs will last but you have to take care of keeping the mesh clean and prevent yellowing and it will still look bad from creasing after so many wears. The XIIs can match the 1 in terms of durability but that's if the plastic tab doesn't crack.

The 1s IMO are easy to clean and maintain, they don't have a midsole that could crumble, they have a history and a classic look, they look good WITH creasing (IMO) and they will last for years as BEATERS with a cheaper price point compared to the rest of the models. That's why I call them a good investment.

Last edited:
really? we have many people in this community who still wear their OG 1985 Jordan 1s and they look great and hold up great as well, if you want to go get a pair to wear or stock then go ahead because those things are the biggest tanks of the Jordan line and 99% of OGs are wearable and everything about them will hold up.

For a collector yes, but for a pair to wear, then no. Paint has for sure got to be chipped and there would have to be some restoration but still overall, I think it's incredible for a Jordan shoe to last that long.
lol yeah but this is what I'm trying to say. Out of all the Jordan shoes, which models could still be worn after 20 years and still be in good condition, heck lower that down to maybe even 10 or 5 years. The IIIs, IVs, Vs, VIs, VIIs, VIIIs have midsoles that all eventually crumble or crack, etc. The IIs, IXs, and Xs are not that popular at all with a few exceptions. XIs will last but you have to take care of keeping the mesh clean and prevent yellowing and it will still look bad from creasing after so many wears. The XIIs can match the 1 in terms of durability but that's if the plastic tab doesn't crack.

The 1s IMO are easy to clean and maintain, they don't have a midsole that could crumble, they have a history and a classic look, they look good WITH creasing (IMO) and they will last for years as BEATERS with a cheaper price point compared to the rest of the models. That's why I call them a good investment.
Sorry, don't think I was clear in my post.  I meant investing in an OG pair isn't as good of an investment now as it would've been back then,  The 1s are tied as my favorite jordans (dunks are also my favorite shoes.. so the similarities probably influence each other)

They're def the easiest to maintain and look great aged.

really? we have many people in this community who still wear their OG 1985 Jordan 1s and they look great and hold up great as well, if you want to go get a pair to wear or stock then go ahead because those things are the biggest tanks of the Jordan line and 99% of OGs are wearable and everything about them will hold up.

My bad worded it wrong midway through my ramble and corrected it. In complete agreement with you

Sorry, don't think I was clear in my post.  I meant investing in an OG pair isn't as good of an investment now as it would've been back then,  The 1s are tied as my favorite jordans (dunks are also my favorite shoes.. so the similarities probably influence each other)

They're def the easiest to maintain and look great aged.

lol then yeah agreed. Though I wish the pairs now had the same quality as OGs

Finally picked up a pair

..just placed a phone order for the Jordan 1 RTTG/Vegas from the Birch Run outlets in Michigan. Nike rep said they still had quite a bit of stock left. (989)-624-6100...
Dang they still pushin them out? I got from that store almost a month ago. Shocked these are still out there.

..just placed a phone order for the Jordan 1 RTTG/Vegas from the Birch Run outlets in Michigan. Nike rep said they still had quite a bit of stock left. (989)-624-6100...
for real people, don't sleep on these.. great quality on the vegas 1s

Back
Top Bottom