• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yup NA treatment [emoji]128694[/emoji]

Quick question for anyone who did work on the heel jumpman. Instead of actually removing the jumpman, im curious what it looks like if it were possible to color match the jumpman to the heel. Obviously they contrast it to show of the brand logo but I would rather try to "shadow" the logo so to speak than completely doctor it. Hence no shoe skills haha.

someone did this in the chicagos thread. i'm not gonna dig through there for you, but it's in there.

Quick question for anyone who did work on the heel jumpman. Instead of actually removing the jumpman, im curious what it looks like if it were possible to color match the jumpman to the heel. Obviously they contrast it to show of the brand logo but I would rather try to "shadow" the logo so to speak than completely doctor it. Hence no shoe skills haha.

That was me. It's not too difficult. Get Angelus red, have black & white too to mix until you find the correct blend. Fairly easy.

Originally Posted by isniker

"still hoping they'll release the Chicagos in OG form, i mean the fire red Vs releases twice this year"

Not gonna happen. Would have been nice.

Yeah that's crazy to compare lol

Fire Red 3M and Fire Red BT 23 Are completely different shoes that just happen to be white.

That's like saying the Retro 88's and the Fire Red 3's are the "same" lol

I do agree with the sentiment of the post tho. I wish they gave the Chicago's the NA treatment, kinda sucks. Have been admiring the customs tho with the tongue or tag swaps.

Would still love and prefer some black toes with a black tongue > OG NA Chicago's

Last edited:
Anyone know if this is the red and gold 1s that people were talking about before? Or are we still getting a hawks type release?

Yeah that's crazy to compare lol

Fire Red 3M and Fire Red BT 23 Are completely different shoes that just happen to be white.

That's like saying the Retro 88's and the Fire Red 3's are the "same" lol

I do agree with the sentiment of the post tho. I wish they gave the Chicago's the NA treatment, kinda sucks. Have been admiring the customs tho with the tongue or tag swaps.

Would still love and prefer some black toes with a black tongue > OG NA Chicago's
^^ haha I know I was misunderstood.. crazy 'cause I didnt write enough

I already explained why, I never said they're same shoe... I have this years 3m, & used to have the 06 as beaters..

so since jb is on crazy mode.. we have similar cw's (white/fire red-black) of the same retros this year, & wc 3's releasing after 2 years except with NA. why not take it to an even crazier level JB
laugh.gif
releasing the same exact cw shoe in the same year

its a super long shot...  not so serious post obviously. out of frustration thats why lol  I just smh, when I see clovers & knicks with NA... Chicagos with the big JM

edit: might just hire AirThompson to do me some NA Chi's

Last edited:
^ I agree. Clovers and Knicks should have never been a candidate for the beloved NA badging. Clovers more so than Knicks.

Kinda just pissed me off thinking about it, lol.

Such a waste. Chicago's should have defiantly made the cut tho.

The Knicks slander... it saddens me :frown:

I wish resellers hated these as much as you guys do so I could grab a pair for retail + shipping or less.

The Knicks slander... it saddens me
frown.gif

I wish resellers hated these as much as you guys do so I could grab a pair for retail + shipping or less.
those sat.. at least for a little bit.. 1+ week here in LA, hood spots had 'em for 2-3 weeks

edit: saw location: NY... yeah probably sold out there

did clovers did well in NE? its on sale everywhere here in Cal

Last edited:
Black toes are lesser quality than the Royals. its not bad but its a lil rougher feeling but still comfy and durable.

how i would rank these aj1s in terms of quality. minus celtic's and black&gold's as I do not own those.

1.Banned's
2.LV's
3.Royal's
4.Knick's
5.Shadow's
6.Black Toe's
7.Chicago

Yes yes yes. U hit the nail on the head imo. Celtics are between shadow and bt..maybe tied w blacktoes

The Knicks slander... it saddens me :frown:

Yea bro knicks 1s are awesome. Tru story. Also keep looking Im sure u will find a good price. I got one on ebay for 180 plus ship (messaged a bunch of sellers til one bit). I prob couldve found a better deal but I was happy.

Last edited:
[quote name="isniker" url="/t/508567/official-air-jordan-1-retro-high-thread/2730#post_18394687"

did clovers did well in NE? its on sale everywhere here in Cal
[/quote]

No, not really. They are still sitting in some spots. Some places have then on sale, others like HOH and FA still have them at retail.

Last edited:
Cool to see they're retroing XQs. Wanted these back in 07, but doesn't look like I'll be getting a pair anytime soon with the rumored 240 pairs.

Anyone know if this is the red and gold 1s that people were talking about before? Or are we still getting a hawks type release?

These were the ones I was referring too a few months back. Not sure if the US will release something similar yet.
And the Hawks pair was scrapped once they saw the Lakers and Pistons sitting :lol:

Cool to see they're retroing XQs. Wanted these back in 07, but doesn't look like I'll be getting a pair anytime soon with the rumored 240 pairs.
:x

:lol: Mark must not be a fan? I just want to see detailed pics since they are OG High and NA treatment. I didn't like them in 07 and I'm not sure if the upgrades will change my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom