• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
13 here
mean.gif
pm me, i will not post the link here

theres this one legit Aussie reseller site my boy bought from.. only has your size left, but shipping will kill you,

its only worth it for him since he ordered 2 pairs, came out like $320 shipped per pair & didn't get hit with duties

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've got a quick question.

Were the materials used for the Black Toe 1's different from the Royal 1's? I was able to purchase a pair of Royal 1's during it's release date but just received a pair of Black Toe's via eBay today. I was expecting the upper to be exactly like the Royal 1 (softer leather and softer materials all around -including the softer/more plush ankle padding). However, upon receiving them today, they are no way near the same quality build as the Royal 1's. The leather is way stiffer/feels cheaper than the Royal 1's and the tongue padding is thinner as well. This has me a bit alarmed if I were to have received variants/grey market/etc. I have not gotten to see a pair in person, so I am unable to compare.

If this build quality is correct, do the Shadow 1's follow the same as the Black Toe quality or Royal?

Thanks for your help guys!
Yup Royal 1s are made with different materials & better quality...more limited

why? I really don't know, why JB made it like that

at first I didn't believe people here right away (even with pics)... saying that its different from other 1s until i got my black toes & shadows & did a side-by-side, I guess you have to see it to believe it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm still mad about .5 sizing up instead of .5 sizing down on my Royals since there were no more size 11 available. They feel HUGE on my feet and I can't find a size swap at all, I bought force fields so they are going to get worn soon especially since these GM pairs surfaced I can't risk it

I'm still mad about .5 sizing up instead of .5 sizing down on my Royals since there were no more size 11 available. They feel HUGE on my feet and I can't find a size swap at all, I bought force fields so they are going to get worn soon especially since these GM pairs surfaced I can't risk it
i need a 10.5 have an 11..

=/

Last edited:
Actually u were right on all points. Shadows are somewhere in between.
Black toes are lesser quality than the Royals. its not bad but its a lil rougher feeling but still comfy and durable.

how i would rank these aj1s in terms of quality. minus celtic's and black&gold's as I do not own those.

1.Banned's
2.LV's
3.Royal's
4.Knick's
5.Shadow's
6.Black Toe's
7.Chicago
Yup Royal 1s are made with different materials & better quality...more limited

why? I really don't know, why JB made it like that

at first I didn't believe people here right away (even with pics)... saying that its different from other 1s until i got my black toes & shadows & did a side-by-side, I guess you have to see it to believe it
laugh.gif
Thanks for the help guys.

This has me wondering what the Black/Red release quality will be like. I'm crossing my fingers that they're like the Royal's at least, but I feel like we'll never see that kind of decent quality again.

Repped

Are they TTS?
honestly depends on how your foot is shaped.. i would say go tts or 1/2 size down, they for sure don't run small, just a little narrow for a jordan if anything 

Last edited:
Quick question for anyone who did work on the heel jumpman. Instead of actually removing the jumpman, im curious what it looks like if it were possible to color match the jumpman to the heel. Obviously they contrast it to show of the brand logo but I would rather try to "shadow" the logo so to speak than completely doctor it. Hence no shoe skills haha.

Quick question for anyone who did work on the heel jumpman. Instead of actually removing the jumpman, im curious what it looks like if it were possible to color match the jumpman to the heel. Obviously they contrast it to show of the brand logo but I would rather try to "shadow" the logo so to speak than completely doctor it. Hence no shoe skills haha.
the only thing about that is either way you will have to color match the paint and thats tough especially if you arent repainting all of the parts with the new color, someone did it in here i cant remember if it was in the care/maintenance thread but seriously the process to remove the jumpman is so easy.

Very true. I looked through your write up before. Very well done though i dont have the skill or time to do it (Concerning cutting out the heel.) I have seen shoes with the jumpman gone and looks like a shadow figure ala air thompsons cdp pair. Ill have to research. Rep

Checked that auction. Pics are pretty grainy but i think you did allright. post some pics when u get em.
Yes they are this guy camera sucks. But I'm hoping it's going to be fine. In mean he sells legit shoes and is the only pair he has. They are in Belgium right now so hopefully it won't be long, the wait gets me nervous lol

Last edited:
Yes they are this guy camera sucks. But I'm hoping it's going to be fine. In mean he sells legit shoes and is the only pair he has. They are in Belgium right now so hopefully it won't be long, the wait gets me nervous lol
No doubt. I went through the same thing just hang in there. Difference is u atleast have ebay protection where i went off site using paypal invoice. Similar protection but still risky. Once it hits these shores past customs time to breathe.

Repped

Are they TTS?
i suggest going up .5 if you have normal/slightly wide foot.

over the years, the curvature of the sole has increased from 1985 and 1994 molds. the soles of the 1985 and 1994 molds were fairly straight, but when looking at the bottom of 2001 - present jordan 1 retros, the top half of the shoe greatly curves in-ward like a C shape. i wore TTS in the 94 model, but i can't due to this increased curve in the new molds and had to go up .5 to accommodate this change in shape.

i suggest going up .5 if you have normal/slightly wide foot.

over the years, the curvature of the sole has increased from 1985 and 1994 molds. the soles of the 1985 and 1994 molds were fairly straight, but when looking at the bottom of 2001 - present jordan 1 retros, the top half of the shoe greatly curves in-ward like a C shape. i wore TTS in the 94 model, but i can't due to this increased curve in the new molds and had to go up .5 to accommodate this change in shape.
To add my experience, if u have any 2013 og 1s and are sortve new to them, pretty much all jumpman 1s have twice as thick paddingaround the heel and collar. Pushes tge foot forward a bit so a slight wider foot can be tight.

Back
Top Bottom