OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

^^^ probably would like to keep them underated. nothing like getting the spot blown up by the wrong people

at what point does that have a negative effect to da whole air force I popularity though?

this thread has become da "thread about nothing" with air force I's...if i dunno about dope colorways with their own individual threads, no one will know about em

and they'll languish.

and its selfish.

i would equate this to the Team Air Max thread but to a lessen extent. Its not a large enough following that each release deserves its own thread and this thread doesnt jump enough such that people cant follow it for pertanent info.
i mean, if you want to start creating official AF1 threads for every release, you are welcome to do so Mr. Hood.

Last edited:
at what point does that have a negative effect to da whole air force I popularity though?

this thread has become da "thread about nothing" with air force I's...if i dunno about dope colorways with their own individual threads, no one will know about em

and they'll languish.

and its selfish.

Ninja, why does every single shoe have to be a sellout? It's perfectly NORMAL for some product to go on sale.

Besides you better believe that if Nike started pushing AF1 and giving free pairs to every B and C list celeb/rapper this thread would automatically blow up.

and they'll languish.

and its selfish.
Ninja, why does every single shoe have to be a sellout? It's perfectly NORMAL for some product to go on sale.

Besides you better believe that if Nike started pushing AF1 and giving free pairs to every B and C list celeb/rapper this thread would automatically blow up.
im not saying this at all.

every single shoe sells or flops on its own merit. but if people purposely hid info in a attempt to "keep da hype off" is pretty childish.

and i dont believe rappers or anyone for that matter can hype a air-force I...they've always been a sneaker on auto pilot, like foamposites USED to be.

what im saying is here on NT, to better shed light on nice colorways on air force 's with their own thread would benefit da community and air force I's in general.

BIP,

No. They are a summer release.

Thanks. Definitely a decent CW. Of course, shape and materials turn what would be a must cop into a maybe.

i would equate this to the Team Air Max thread but to a lessen extent. Its not a large enough following that each release deserves its own thread and this thread doesnt jump enough such that people cant follow it for pertanent info.
i mean, if you want to start creating official AF1 threads for every release, you are welcome to do so Mr. Hood.

This is the key, IMO.

There are so many AF1s that come out. A few of them might merit their own thread, but most would be 2 pages and die. Probably not worth the clutter.

The hype issue is neither here nor there, honestly - it's more about consolidating info and maintaining a following on the thread as opposed to having a already somewhat weak fanbase fractured into however many sub-threads. I think this is probably the better solution, practically speaking, all things considered.

When a shoe comes along that we know will command enough traffic to warrant its own thread, it does get its own thread. The Supreme releases, for example.

And, props for the KMD pun, whether or not it was intentional.

every single shoe sells or flops on its own merit. but if people purposely hid info in a attempt to "keep da hype off" is pretty childish.

and i dont believe rappers or anyone for that matter can hype a air-force I...they've always been a sneaker on auto pilot, like foamposites USED to be.

what im saying is here on NT, to better shed light on nice colorways on air force 's with their own thread would benefit da community and air force I's in general.

As I said in response to J, I don't think people are trying to hide the shoes or the info.

But, of course rappers can hype the AF1. What made AF1s the "it" shoe throughout the late 90s and early 2000s? Why were white on whites selling out over and over while Retro Jordans - which were basically in their prime, price- and quality-wise, chugging along steadily but not flying off the shelves on release day? That didn't have to do with Jay-Z, Nelly, Birdman, etc.? ...And, if it doesn't have to do with celeb hype, why aren't all the "cool kids" still wearing them? And, is it just a coincidence that celebs don't really wear them and this generation of kids calls them lame and "played out?"

Last edited:

and they'll languish.

and its selfish.

No one hides info here in this thread. When ever dope colorways come out I always see people helping each other out with info and release dates.

WOW!!!!,,,,had no idea the pythons dropped already!!!!......any1 know wher these still might be available for retail???......pm thanks

BIP,

Thanks. Definitely a decent CW. Of course, shape and materials turn what would be a must cop into a maybe.
This is the key, IMO.

There are so many AF1s that come out. A few of them might merit their own thread, but most would be 2 pages and die. Probably not worth the clutter.

The hype issue is neither here nor there, honestly - it's more about consolidating info and maintaining a following on the thread as opposed to having a already somewhat weak fanbase fractured into however many sub-threads. I think this is probably the better solution, practically speaking, all things considered.

When a shoe comes along that we know will command enough traffic to warrant its own thread, it does get its own thread. The Supreme releases, for example.

As I said in response to J, I don't think people are trying to hide the shoes or the info.

But, of course rappers can hype the AF1. What made AF1s the "it" shoe throughout the late 90s and early 2000s? Why were white on whites selling out over and over while Retro Jordans - which were basically in their prime, price- and quality-wise, chugging along steadily but not flying off the shelves on release day? That didn't have to do with Jay-Z, Nelly, Birdman, etc.? ...And, if it doesn't have to do with celeb hype, why aren't all the "cool kids" still wearing them? And, is it just a coincidence that celebs don't really wear them and this generation of kids calls them lame and "played out?"
no, they reflected that was already hot.

nelly didn't even know about air force I's until he came to NYC one summer and asked what was popping out here.

fellas, all i ask, is if dope colorway comes around, make sure they get a proper thread on top of you posting em in here.

BIP,

This is the key, IMO.

nelly didn't even know about air force I's until he came to NYC one summer and asked what was popping out here.

fellas, all i ask, is if dope colorway comes around, make sure they get a proper thread on top of you posting em in here.
I get what your saying BUT why make a separate thread when people can just come into this one? A couple pages back was posted the release dates of January af1 releases with style and color codes and another nter helped with pics. Nobody hides info in here. What's the point of making separate release threads when if people were REALLY interested they would just hit up the official af1 thread. I could understand maybe if this thread moved super fast like some Jordan releases or other limited releases. But even when there is a limited af1 the pages don't move as fast. The af1 thread in sneaker showcase moves faster than this one. I originally made this thread so that people can share info and things like that since people hardly post af1 info anymore unless its some super limited shoe

Or u know what maybe I should start updating the first page with new info everytime something big comes in as well as put release dates in the first post as well. I should also maybe update the thread title on important releases. Anyone else has any ideas to contribute on how to make this thread better or more accessible

BIP,

This is the key, IMO.

I get what your saying BUT why make a separate thread when people can just come into this one? A couple pages back was posted the release dates of January af1 releases with style and color codes and another nter helped with pics. Nobody hides info in here. What's the point of making separate release threads when if people were REALLY interested they would just hit up the official af1 thread. I could understand maybe if this thread moved super fast like some Jordan releases or other limited releases. But even when there is a limited af1 the pages don't move as fast. The af1 thread in sneaker showcase moves faster than this one. I originally made this thread so that people can share info and things like that since people hardly post af1 info anymore unless its some super limited shoe
and thats all fine and dandy, but when they're JUST posted here and dope color you know would get some burn doesn't get its own thread it gets buried and no one knows about em.

had i know been bored one day and stumbled on these

nike-air-force-1-low-glow-in-the-dark-available-31.jpg

in this thread, i wouldn't of known of their existence. a thread helps notify people at a glance.

BIP,

This is the key, IMO.

and thats all fine and dandy, but when they're JUST posted here and dope color you know would get some burn doesn't get its own thread it gets buried and no one knows about em.

had i know been bored one day and stumbled on these

nike-air-force-1-low-glow-in-the-dark-available-31.jpg

in this thread, i wouldn't of known of their existence. a thread helps notify people at a glance.
Ok u wouldn't have known about them. But that was a GR it was the gitd af1 for Halloween this year it wasn't really a special colorway and again just a GR if there's a thread for every GR af1 that releases each month it would be a whole page of af1 releases in the Nike retro forum. I see people on here complain that nobody does their own footwork to get releases and always lurking looking for a hand out. Is it that hard to look at Nike.com release date page faqs and check it out? But u know what I'll put it on me cause like I said maybe I should update the thread with all relevant and NEW info on the first page so that its consolidated and everyone can stay up to date

My Obsidian mids just came in. I'm kind of glad I went a half-size down, but the inconsistency with AF sizing and Nike sizing in general can be frustrating. They're too narrow at half-size down so I know they'll eventually stretch or I have to wear thinner socks, but the length is perfect, and I know a half size up would be a good width, but run way too long. I don't have a wide foot at all, but not a huge deal. I'll live. Did a lace switch to make them a little closer to the OG.

If people are too lazy to dig through this thread for info, eff em.

And honestly, with the rate this thread moves, little to no digging is even necessary. Just sift through the last 2 or 3 pages for the newest/latest info.

Like the homie Bip already said, releases that actually warrant their own thread usually get them, like the Supremes did. The truth is that most AF1 releases these days aren't even threadworthy, including those joints you posted ninja. Why clutter up the forum with threads that hardly anyone cares about? Much easier to keep it all in one place, IMO.

You campaigning for mod status or something ninja?

BIP,

This is the key, IMO.

i appreciate it

and for da record, i only saw those grey air force I's in one spot, so i don't think it was a GR. its probably one of my favorite pickups of 2012.

i still see a good amount of af1 being worn, and i'm not so sure the interest is dead or played out. people say that, but nike releases new options for the af1 every month on nikeid and a steady stream of af1s keep coming out. i've always kept a handful in my rotation as well from before nelly made the song. af1s take a lickin and keep on ticking better than most other nikes. the price point is also a sweet spot that keeps them relevant through the ups and downs of the hype machine on other shoes.

that said, i kinda like that they fly under the radar for the most part. i think they're timeless and will stay that way regardless of the current fashion cycle says.

[quote name="superblyTRIFE" url="/t/213939/official-air-force-one-thread/3810#post_16948038]"Why clutter up the forum with threads that hardly anyone cares about?
You campaigning for mod status or something ninja?[/quote]

Ohh, if only all NTers considered this before posting!

...What a wonderful world this would be.

i still see a good amount of af1 being worn, and i'm not so sure the interest is dead or played out. people say that, but nike releases new options for the af1 every month on nikeid and a steady stream of af1s keep coming out. i've always kept a handful in my rotation as well from before nelly made the song. af1s take a lickin and keep on ticking better than most other nikes. the price point is also a sweet spot that keeps them relevant through the ups and downs of the hype machine on other shoes.
that said, i kinda like that they fly under the radar for the most part. i think they're timeless and will stay that way regardless of the current fashion cycle says.

Well, that's the irony of those comments anyway. If the AF1 was its own brand, it on its own would compete with Reebok or Addidas for total units moved. True story. People claim this shoe is dead and played out, yet it still probably moves more units each year than any other model.

That's exactly my point. ...if Nelly didn't know what they were, what makes you think the 14 year olds in St. Louis did. ...But, as soon as his song dropped, StL was on the AF1 train too. NYC will always have its own pulse and set trends - we're not the only place that does it, but we are one of the leaders. In NYC the rappers actually chased the styles of the streets and major "hustlers" for the majority of hip hop history, that is until fashion started jumping the shark in recent years. ...I know you know this, Ninja. But, in a lot of other places, like StL, the overall fashion conscience is more reliant on their stars. So, I'm not saying Jay-Z and Nelly put NYC onto AF1s - the shoes are called Uptowns for crissakes - but they were certainly part of the tide that began to sweep the entire country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom