Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

Waves on the right side are a myth!!!!! I can't get my right side waves in for not a thing in this world. Any tips would be appreciated!

This is my hair now...
I will never understand why this **** is so hard to get going on the right side.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I finally got them to wave up on my right side not too long ago, I just kept wolfing until they came through. They arent going in the correct direction but whatever
laugh.gif

Zero gap the ones you have first

What does this mean and what is the effect?
Basically reduces the distance between the bottom (moving) blade and the top (guide) blade.

Allows for the trimmer to cut closer, which results in a sharper cut. Guaranteed your barber zero-gapped all of his T-outliners.

There's several vids on youtube for every type of edger/trimmer.

If you choose to do it be very careful that the bottom (moving) blade does not extend past the top blade or you will slice the **** outta yaself

Thanks for this info. I hated that every time I tried to do my tape it never looked crisp.

Yall gotta realize that your hair texture isn't the exact same on the sides and that's why it's a lil more difficult to get the waves going there

Waves on the right side are a myth!!!!! I can't get my right side waves in for not a thing in this world. Any tips would be appreciated!

This is my hair now...
I will never understand why this **** is so hard to get going on the right side. :lol: :smh:

I finally got them to wave up on my right side not too long ago, I just kept wolfing until they came through. They arent going in the correct direction but whatever :lol:

Wolf and don't get any tapers until they come in how you like them.

Once you start getting waves on the wides and you want to connect them into the 360, use a comb to connect everything and clean up your connections

I've been looking up Youtube how to get waves with straight hair but I just wanna confirm here. I'm Viet and have straight hair so would it be possible to get waves? A lot of people say you can but I've never seen vids showing wave progress with straight hair like asian straight hair. I usually get a fade with a 2 on the side and 3 on top and I hear that you wanna start off short with a 2 all around so would that be something I do when I get a cut this week instead of a fade? And for the first 2 weeks all I need to is brush and no products yet?

Last edited:
For all you dudes who already have trained hair but are trying to spin harder, if there's a single piece of advice in this thread you need to follow, it's cop that CQP brush. 
pimp.gif

I've been dipping pretty strong with a consistent routine for years, after one week with the CQP soft brush it's like my **** is on steroids. 
eek.gif

Last edited:
I said **** it and started using pomade again...

Going natural is all good, but I need these sides to lay down.

I said **** it and started using pomade again...

Going natural is all good, but I need these sides to lay down.

Yeah I'm using it too (Gold Sporting Waves) because my hair is VERY thick and I'm wolfing for another week. Trying to get this right side to lay down and wave with the rest of my head but its not working. :lol:

Put that stuff down man, you don't need it if you got a CQP brush.

I aint got 30 bucks for no damb brush :lol:

HOWEVER, my barber's cousin (also a talented barber) just created a new brush called the Armadillo Wave Brush...similar to CQP brush for a 1/3 of the price so I may do that.

Cop for 16 off amazon, I went back and forth for months on whether or not to spend 16 on a brush just off principle and finally did it. Best choice I ever made. 

Last edited:
With those CQPs you can wolf almost forever :lol:. With no need for pomade.

Paying more than a few bucks for a brush is wild, but these are legitimately worth it.

I've been looking up Youtube how to get waves with straight hair but I just wanna confirm here. I'm Viet and have straight hair so would it be possible to get waves? A lot of people say you can but I've never seen vids showing wave progress with straight hair like asian straight hair. I usually get a fade with a 2 on the side and 3 on top and I hear that you wanna start off short with a 2 all around so would that be something I do when I get a cut this week instead of a fade? And for the first 2 weeks all I need to is brush and no products yet?
you got no hope bro

on the real, your hair is too straight, thats cool tho

Put that stuff down man, you don't need it if you got a CQP brush.

Yeah, that medium joint is fuego, but my **** just won't lay down after a few weeks man.

Its killing me. My top and back are trained to lay down, but the sides are a ***** :smh:

Ice what makes the cqp brush so special in your opinion ?
Strictly the results. I could see obvious visual changes in my wave pattern after a couple of days. It's been a little over a week now and I'm still seeing improvement day to day, at this point I'm just waiting for the results to taper off. 
laugh.gif

I had high expectations but I wasn't expecting anything like this. I've been brushing my head for a decade and I gotta say the first time I used it it felt different from any brush I've used. It's hard to explain. 

Just to give a little background, I already had waves my hairs been trained for years. I only products I've ever used were carrot oil and/or olive oil but I switched to a Cold Label natural hair oil a couple of months back. I also don't wear a durag or stocking cap.

Also, who in here has bad scalp flaking? What do you guys use to prevent this?
ME

i use head and shoulders 2in1

i was MAD when i ran out, ive been using AXE brand shampoo, my scalp was out of control flaky

just got head and shoulders yesterday and im fine already, i also use castor oil in my hair

Ice what makes the cqp brush so special in your opinion ?

Strictly the results. I could see obvious visual changes in my wave pattern after a couple of days. It's been a little over a week now and I'm still seeing improvement day to day, at this point I'm just waiting for the results to taper off. :lol:

I had high expectations but I wasn't expecting anything like this. I've been brushing my head for a decade and I gotta say the first time I used it it felt different from any brush I've used. It's hard to explain. 

Just to give a little background, I already had waves my hairs been trained for years. I only products I've ever used were carrot oil and/or olive oil but I switched to a Cold Label natural hair oil a couple of months back. I also don't wear a durag or stocking cap.

Good hair having *** boy.

*throws salt*

I got my **** tied down as I type :x

All you need forreal is a medium CQP and a hard Diane and you're good on brushes. Some people got like 20 brushes :x

Didn't brush my hair at all today, but mines. 360, only brush in the morning with olive oil moisturizer.. If anyone has any vids for dudes wanting to learn to cut their own hair post them for me famb.

Edit: Terrible i4 front camera makes my hair look gray
roll.gif
  might be the fluorescent too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom