Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

With the likelihood that Lincecum won't sign back here, I'm definitely going to miss him.

He's probably my favorite Giant of all-time. He passed Bonds, Snow, Bumgarner, and Posey. I'm one of those dudes that want him back no matter what. :lol:

Timmy was that bridge from the Bonds era to the championship years.

Same feelings here. Best of luck wherever he goes, except if its in the NL West.

NSFW

CbxGiT7WAAAAxJp.jpg

Last edited:
Matt Cain scratched from throwing session today.  SMFH

I dont care where that ESPN insider article ranks Cain in the worst contracts in baseball article.  Dude is #1, and there isnt anyone even close in my opinion.  We have literally gotten NOTHING from this guy since we extended him.  NOTHING.  Pujols was first in that article, but at least he is playing and still hitting 30 homeruns.  Cain isnt giving us a damn thing other than a headache knowing we could have had $20M+ to spend on a left fielder instead.

It's not so much the injury I'm unhappy about it just seems that every time a large contract is handed to a player that guy becomes injured or largely ineffective for us. That has to play some role when future signings are going to be made. We never make any big splashes in free agency and I feel like the FO will point to situations like this for future reference.

I'm happy baseball is back. I hope Matt Cain has a solid year. I also am curious how well Lincecum does during his pitching showcase...I wonder what the reason for pushing back the showcase numerous times?

I'm happy baseball is back. I hope Matt Cain has a solid year. I also am curious how well Lincecum does during his pitching showcase...I wonder what the reason for pushing back the showcase numerous times?

His dad can't garner enough interest through his superlatives sent to the media.

Pre-sale tickets for Rivercats v. Giants sold out. Smh.

I'm walking distance from this ballpark dangit. 

Pre-sale tickets for Rivercats v. Giants sold out. Smh.

I'm walking distance from this ballpark dangit. 

Bruh tell me about it. My co worker went on when they went up for sale (like 6 minutes past the hour they posted em) and the best seats available when she looked were lawn. :x

Excited for this season, boys. Fan Fest was dope, got to go on the field, walk through the clubhouse and dug out, watch Hunter Pence do an interview, get some nachos with my lady and the day was gorgeous.

God I love spring baseball :smokin

The 25-man roster.

Starters
Madison Bumgarner
Johnny Cueto
Jeff Samardzija
Jake Peavy
Matt Cain

Relievers
Chris Heston
Cory Gearrin
George Kontos