Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

let's go, baby. Giants baseball cannot come soon enough. 
pimp.gif

The way the outfield market is looking I hope Giants are able to sneak in and get a 1 yr deal from a top FA outfielder

If this signing meant that Pagan was moved to the bench and Span would become our everyday leadoff hitter and centerfielder, I would be absolutely THRILLED with the signing.

But since he is slated to be our leftfielder and play along side Pagan, I absolutely hate the signing.  The fact that our starting outfield would project to have about 30 combined homeruns is cringeworthy.  Easily one of the worst outfields in the major leagues in terms of offensive production.

Span in LF until Pagan gets hurt? Wish they just went out and pushed for Cespedes.

Wait till Pagan is hurt and plug Blanco in CF...He's done a good enough job to spot start.

So its: Span, Pagan, Pence, Blanco, Parker in the outfield?

I knew the big bat wasn't coming when I saw all the moves we made in the rotation so I'm fine. If Span can stay healthy this should be a decent signing.

BUMP FOR THE BLACK AND ORANGE

Also, anyone going to Fan Fest on Feb 13th? :nerd:

Never been before and am planning on going.

BUMP FOR THE BLACK AND ORANGE

Also, anyone going to Fan Fest on Feb 13th?
nerd.gif

Never been before and am planning on going.
Doubt I'll go this year. The one time I did attend, I really went for the Jr. Giants grab bag and the food. It was neat to walk on the field and walk through the Giants clubhouse, but other than that, meh.

If you're the type of guy who wants autographs and photo ops, then you'll definitely enjoy. 

But since it's your first time, the experience alone is worth it.

To those who have been to spring training, are there sections to avoid or is there not a bad seat?

I am planning on running the Scottsdale Giant Race next month and want to get tickets for the game later that afternoon.

I visited Scottsdale last year after the super bowl. It's a pretty nice stadium and doesn't look like there's a bad seat at the yard.
The funny thing is, Scottsdale Stadium has become one of the more dated, generic looking stadiums in all of Arizona.  Almost all of the Spring Training facilities are nicer than ours now.

If you are going to ST for the first time, I highly recommend renting a car and going to Giants away games too.  They are far less crowded, easier to get tickets and you will never be driving for more than like 45 min.  I go for about a week every year.  And of the 8+ games that I go to, I would say only about 25% are at our home stadium.

@chris82790  PM me if you have any questions. My family lives in AZ and I have been to ST almost every year of my life.  

With the likelihood that Lincecum won't sign back here, I'm definitely going to miss him.

He's probably my favorite Giant of all-time. He passed Bonds, Snow, Bumgarner, and Posey. I'm one of those dudes that want him back no matter what. :lol:

Timmy was that bridge from the Bonds era to the championship years.

I think the ship has sailed and we already have two others that fit the description who are on the roster still in Cain and Peavy.

Back
Top Bottom