OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Minny can’t score enough points to beat UNC.

UF is BAD BAD, this week probably marks the end for Sunbelt Billy.

When OSU loses it’s going to be to a team that can expose their OT’s, that’s not going to be WKU.

Clemson-FAU could be interesting for a min if Clemson still hasn’t gotten it’s **** together.

UF is BAD BAD, this week probably marks the end for Sunbelt Billy.

His careers over in week 3 of year 2? 🤣

For better or worse, Florida is committed to Billy for at least two more seasons after this one. Florida is on the brink of becoming the new Tennessee where they fire coaches every 2-4 years in the hopes of finding the next Spurrier / Meyer.

The Rocky Mountain Showdown always delivers. This game has ruined CU or CSU seasons many times. Can’t wait

Are you going? I’m trying to figure out how I can swing this. My kids probably won’t let me go without them. I might just go to campus with them before the game and check out the buzz. But I’d love to go. :smh: The 8:00 start doesn’t help either as that’s basically their bedtime. The meltdowns will be frequent and over the top.

His careers over in week 3 of year 2? 🤣

For better or worse, Florida is committed to Billy for at least two more seasons after this one. Florida is on the brink of becoming the new Tennessee where they fire coaches every 2-4 years in the hopes of finding the next Spurrier / Meyer.

I mean it looks like it eventually worked for Tennessee, and it’s clearly not working for UF.

That is a top 5 job, there is no excuse for them to be this bad in the NIL/Portal era. They should cut bait now.

I don’t get the whole “cycling through coaches” argument either when it’s not like any of those guys have redeemed themselves anywhere else.

Last edited:
I mean it looks like it eventually worked for Tennessee, and it’s clearly not working for UF.

That is a top 5 job, there is no excuse for them to be this bad in the NIL/Portal era. They should cut bait now.

Eh, it's logic but they don't wanna pay that money and honestly they'll just hire another clone. Too much holier than thou status at the school. Bring rated the #1 public university now just feeds even more into the delusion, the admin wants to act like their above getting in the muck, which is why the program will continue to be lame duck status.

Are you going? I’m trying to figure out how I can swing this. My kids probably won’t let me go without them. I might just go to campus with them before the game and check out the buzz. But I’d love to go. :smh: The 8:00 start doesn’t help either as that’s basically their bedtime. The meltdowns will be frequent and over the top.
My wife and I were searching for tickets right after the Nebraska game and we couldn’t find any at a price we wanted to pay but I’m going to cop some tickets for games later in the season.

I don’t think OSU loses to WKU but I am curious to see how the defense looks against a team that passes quite a bit. They’ve only allowed one red zone trip so far granted they’ve only played Indiana and YSU but still a nice stat to see.

First loss coming next week against Notre Dame, you heard it here first

Wouldn't Deion want to wait until after next season anyways? Shedeur can graduate (if he doesn't jump after this season) and Hunter would leave after his junior year.

UF too cowardly to do what needs to be done even if it's highly unlikely he'll say yes
Why you think it’s highly unlikely? If the bag is right, that’s the perfect gig for him. But agree that UF may look down on Deion, which is super hypocritical after hiring scumbag Urban

Side note, and maybe this is the homer in me, but I think USC putting grad cap decals on the uniform for players that have earned their degrees is dope. Never seen that before.

IMG_3522.png
Isn’t this how we found out Stetson Bennett hadn’t graduated last season? Players on the field had Sec graduate on their jersey, but he didn’t.

I don’t get the whole “cycling through coaches” argument either when it’s not like any of those guys have redeemed themselves anywhere else.

Personally, I don't think Florida is a top five job but that's another argument. Theoretically, it could be a top five job but outside of a decade with Spurrier and a 5 year period with Urban Meyern they haven't had sustained success in the modern era of college football. Also, Florida has intense in-state competition (and schools like Bama, Georgia and Ohio State poaching too players)

You're not giving coaches enough time to rebuild rosters if they are on the hot seat before the middle of their second season. You're basically expecting coaches to have instant results or their fired. Norvell was 3-6 then 5-7 in his first two years. Using your logic, FSU should have fired him after 2021.

The reason why Billy's buyout is so high is because of the show of faith that Florida is an invested in him and are going to give him time. Florida is already on their fourth coach since Urban Meyer, do you really want to go to a fifth? It's not like there is an established, successful coach out there waiting to take the Florida job.

As a Georgia fan, I am totally in favor of Florida firing coaches every 2-3 years but I'm not sure if that is the best thing to do if you're a Florida fan

atlsfinest atlsfinest just curious, do you think UGA is a Top 5 job? Because if your argument is the below, recent success aside — Florida is way ahead of UGA in sustained success, though you’re limiting it to 15 years.
Personally, I don't think Florida is a top five job but that's another argument. Theoretically, it could be a top five job but outside of a decade with Spurrier and a 5 year period with Urban Meyern they haven't had sustained success in the modern era of college football. Also, Florida has intense in-state competition (and schools like Bama, Georgia and Ohio State poaching too players)

I don’t want to say the people paying attention to colorado football right now are casuals, but the comments show a lot of them don’t realize Jay Norvell is black.

Norvell capping (triple aunt andre don’t even ask me how) doe :lol:
1694702037708.png

Ain’t no black parent ever said “take your hat and shades off in front grown ups”….

That definitely was his MAMA. This ain’t 1964 and America is the rudest place on earth. People here don’t even have proper manners and etiquette like that anymore.

He just mad because Deion came to Colorado and took something :lol: :lol:

My black mother ain’t ever said no mess like that :rofl:

7204546A-3A4D-4D14-B313-D96552CD1190.gif

Why you think it’s highly unlikely? If the bag is right, that’s the perfect gig for him. But agree that UF may look down on Deion, which is super hypocritical after hiring scumbag Urb

Maybe me overthinking the FSU ties, but doesn't matter since looks like Norvell is the guy. Moreso the latter I don't think they'll fork over the bag required to get Deion along with their goofy morality and he's black as well.

atlsfinest atlsfinest just curious, do you think UGA is a Top 5 job? Because if your argument is the below, recent success aside — Florida is way ahead of UGA in sustained success, though you’re limiting it to 15 years.

That part. UF is absolutely a top 5ish job provided the location, conference and resources available. We've just missed on every single coaching hire post Urban. UGA is great now but let's not kid ourselves it's been a 5 year renaissance.

Isn’t this how we found out Stetson Bennett hadn’t graduated last season? Players on the field had Sec graduate on their jersey, but he didn’t.
I think we didn't learn about Stetson til late Spring before the draft, but I didn't know about the SEC graduate patches. I like that the schools are doing that.

I think it's corny they use "SEC graduate" cuz conference pride is wack, but I like they're celebrating the academic achievements of kids.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne and atlsfinest atlsfinest raise a good question.

In 2023, what are the top 5 jobs in CFB and why? IMO:

1. Ohio State
2. Georgia
3. Texas
4. USC
5. I kinda think Florida is a better job than LSU though Florida has only really had 2 successful decades ever... :emoji_grimacing:

Back
Top Bottom